Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Buzzsaw] #7858680 06/02/20 07:04 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
pretty certain the cop was not trying or in any way attempting to kill him.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: The Dude Abides] #7858682 06/02/20 07:06 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

quote=By his resisting actions he deserved to be RESTRAINED not killed. They could have easily kept him face down on the pavement (4 on 1) without kneeing him the neck for the 9 min duration.[/quote]

I agree 100% they could have kept him down on the pavement without kneeling on him, but why did he end up down on the pavement at all????? Oh that's right he chose to resist arrest. So while he should have never been killed under any circumstance, had he sat down in the police vehicle he would be alive today period end of story. The actions that lead to his death were wrong, and the officer will stand trial for that.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Buzzsaw] #7858688 06/02/20 07:10 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Originally Posted by Txhunter65

He was fighting the car.....do you actually believe the words you are typing? You're saying a person arrested upwards of a dozen times was in this instance fighting the car....was the car trying to get him in the car or were the officers trying to get him in the car? He was resisting the officers efforts to place him somewhere he's been placed many times in his life.

So we agree what Chauvin did was wrong....now lets agree "I'm claustrophobic" is BS as he's been handcuffed numerous times and placed in numerous police vehicles so "I'm claustrophobic" and "I can't breath (while still standing)" are the tactics he choose to use to resist getting in the car. Then when 4 grown men tried to place him in the car he went stiff, fell down, would not cooperate and resisted their efforts to place him in the vehicle and take him to jail where he would have been booked and placed in a cell.....alive. Again, while he's not at fault for his own death his own actions, his own choices lead him into a situation where his life was taken from him.

By his resisting actions he deserved to be RESTRAINED not killed. They could have easily kept him face down on the pavement (4 on 1) without kneeing him the neck for the 9 min duration.

Bingo. I am not in the Floyd 100% innocent crowd, but what he did should not have ended in his death. What I meant by saying he was resisting the car was he wasn't throwing punches or anything at Chauvin, he wasn't actively fighting them, he was fighting being put in the car. I get where I was a little confusing there. I can almost understand a cop kneeling on someone face down if that person was punching, kicking, biting at, or otherwise putting the cops life in danger, but that wasn't happening. Floyd was simply resisting going in the car. I am fully aware his attempts were to avoid going downtown, but that doesn't make up for the fact he was calm and compliant with the first two officers in giving info and being cuffed. It was the car that brought about the resistance.

Now I mentioned I can almost see a cop kneeling on someone face down, and I can for some time, as mentioned in another post, until they are subdued. Then the cop should back away, and realize the perp is caught and not going anywhere. Again, liken this to a fight where tis 4 on 1. Once the guy is down do the 4 still beat and attack until the 1 is dead? if so, thats murder. Theres no self defense warranted in that situation (if it is just fists). Because a guy wears a uniform and is arresting a bad guy doesn't make him any less guilty of being a jerk when its 4 on 1 and the guy is subdued. No need to continue your efforts, just subdue, try to move, if no luck, then subdue again, try to move. eventually the guy will be totally exhausted and stop fighting or something else will happen (like he will pass out, in which case you render aid and transport in a ambulance, hopefully not dead). Had that scenario happened, these riots would not be going on. If the cops showed restraint, and continually were fought by mr floyd, then we'd be in a different ballgame. It wasn't like the cops were called for an active shooter. He was already cuffed. What can the guy do that wouldn't be caught on camera at that time?

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Hudbone] #7858692 06/02/20 07:12 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
pretty certain the cop was not trying or in any way attempting to kill him.

I think that line was drawn when the pulse was taken and aid was not rendered. For some reason, the cops, none of them, rendered aid when a pulse was not found. Chauvin held his neck hold for 2 minutes (at least) after the pulse was taken and found absent.

That is either a blatant miscommunication by the officer who took the pulse, or a blatant disregard for human life by the officers who did hear.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Texas buckeye] #7858707 06/02/20 07:20 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Whats funny is some on here don't realize the hate they spew is the reason for the marching in the first place.

Sometimes I am just flabbergasted by what I read on these forums. Quite the slice of society we have here.

If we all showed a little more respect for our fellow humans, maybe the world would be a better place.

Had Officer Chauvin showed a little more respect to George Floyd, maybe we wouldn't be in this situation we are in now.

Respect is earned some say, i won't give it unless it is given to me first....well have fun with that little [censored] fight when you have two egotistical men vying for each others respect, neither backing down until it ends any number of ways but the desired way....I say respect if given before received, the same way Jesus showed his respect for my life by laying down His. If we all respected each other the same way, with love in our hearts rather than malice, the world would be such a better place.

I don't agree with this guy often

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Buzzsaw] #7858717 06/02/20 07:31 PM
T
TonyWornick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I believe the one common factor in these situations is resisting the arrest. It doesn't seem too difficult to do what the officer asks, even if you are in the right.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Buzzsaw] #7858726 06/02/20 07:38 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

COVID is basically over. This will be too, soon.

I wonder what will be next?

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: reeltexan] #7858728 06/02/20 07:39 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Hurricane season

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7858741 06/02/20 07:49 PM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I might have to go fishing after work.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7858744 06/02/20 07:51 PM
T
TonyWornick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Hurricane season

Summer heat, ugh.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: TonyWornick] #7858749 06/02/20 08:00 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TonyWornick

Hurricane season

Summer heat, ugh.

yuckity yuck yuck
flame

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Texas buckeye] #7858750 06/02/20 08:02 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

Hurricane season

Summer heat, ugh.

yuckity yuck yuck
flame

Just in time for the lights to go out.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Buzzsaw] #7858753 06/02/20 08:04 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Imagine the summer without electricity. No freezer. fridge, no AC. At least we wouldn't have to worry about hot water....

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: TonyWornick] #7858756 06/02/20 08:07 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I believe the one common factor in these situations is resisting the arrest. It doesn't seem too difficult to do what the officer asks, even if you are in the right.

Back to the common sense statement.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7858774 06/02/20 08:26 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Hurricane season

Yep. One on the way.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Txhunter65] #7858780 06/02/20 08:28 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Had Officer Chauvin showed a little more respect to George Floyd, maybe we wouldn't be in this situation we are in now.

That goes both ways.

I feel what happened was unnecessary and agree the justice system should determine Mr. Chauvin's fate; however, facts are facts, had Mr. Floyd shown the officers the respect all officers should be shown he would NOT be dead. While Mr. Floyd cannot be blamed for Mr. Chauvin's actions we're each a culmination of the decisions we make. His decision to not comply lead to his loss of life, while Mr. Chauvin may be to blame or at fault Mr. Floyd would have never been in that situation without his own choices.

In the criminal filing against Chauvin, floyd was respectful to the two initial officers at the scene. When they attempted to move him to the squad car he said he was claustrophobic and didn't' want to get in. He wasn't fighting them, he was fighting the car. When Chauvin pinned his knee to Floyds neck I am initially ok with that to an extent, but on;y during the submission, and it was 4 on 1, there was no need to hold that for 7 minutes. Chauvin was asked if they should turn Floyd to his side to help him breathe, Chauvin said no. When Floyd went limp and his pulse was checked and found non-palpable, Chauvin continued the hold for another 2 minutes. With no pulse.

Chauvin wasn't even disrespected other than the guy not wanting to get in the car due to complaints of claustrophobia, which isn't even a complaint against Chauvin. Yet after Floyd went pulseless and limp, Chauvin didn't relent until ambulance arrived? He showed a complete lack of respect that wasn't deserved. As a human, I wouldn't expect someone to act that way. For a cop trained in manipulating people and rendering aid to people, I wouldn't expect that from someone. As a doctor trained in helping people, it is unconscionable to think someone didn't render aid immediately when found to be unresponsive and pulseless.

He was fighting the car.....do you actually believe the words you are typing? You're saying a person arrested upwards of a dozen times was in this instance fighting the car....was the car trying to get him in the car or were the officers trying to get him in the car? He was resisting the officers efforts to place him somewhere he's been placed many times in his life.

So we agree what Chauvin did was wrong....now lets agree "I'm claustrophobic" is BS as he's been handcuffed numerous times and placed in numerous police vehicles so "I'm claustrophobic" and "I can't breath (while still standing)" are the tactics he choose to use to resist getting in the car. Then when 4 grown men tried to place him in the car he went stiff, fell down, would not cooperate and resisted their efforts to place him in the vehicle and take him to jail where he would have been booked and placed in a cell.....alive. Again, while he's not at fault for his own death his own actions, his own choices lead him into a situation where his life was taken from him.

On the money Sir

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Buzzsaw] #7858796 06/02/20 08:38 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Downtown Houston's protest is peaceful so far. Fingers crossed.

[Linked Image]

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Erathkid] #7858820 06/02/20 08:58 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Erathkid
Originally Posted by TLew
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
If you wanna be called a man, ACT like a man
If you wanna be called a sissy, ACT like a sissy
If you wanna be called a POS, ACT like a POS

Shall I go on?

Please do -- you're making my point and that wasn't a cheap comeback aimed at you

Originally Posted by LFD2037
x2. I call it like I see it. I don't sugarcoat "words" for PC reasons. Never have & certainly won't start now!
If you're ashamed of who you are, you're either a massive failure or weak.
TLew, we're all sinners. Get over yourself.
Since you have such disdain for this forum & the members on it, it's easy to log out.

I'm afraid you misunderstood -- nowhere in there did I say I was ashamed of myself. I could log off or I could have not posted at all. However I felt compelled, because when you're a sinner -- you rightfully pointed out we all are -- that is saved, you're commanded to speak truth. I'm trying to speak truth as humbly as I can, and I'm happy to take some harsh words for it.

Tlew for president. flag

Haha I have no clue if sarcastic, but either way I have no interest. I do my job because it keeps adult ADD at bay, gives me flexibility, and let's me keep my values. The role of presidency (or public CEO for that matter) takes it all away. Happy to be semi self-employed

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: bill oxner] #7858858 06/02/20 09:42 PM
T
TonyWornick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bill oxner

[Linked Image]

The majority of the protests are peaceful in the daylight hours. It's when the sun starts to sink on the skyline when it turns ugly.

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: TonyWornick] #7858909 06/02/20 11:10 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]

The majority of the protests are peaceful in the daylight hours. It's when the sun starts to sink on the skyline when it turns ugly.

It will be on the local news. I'll keep you informed.

[Linked Image]

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: bill oxner] #7858913 06/02/20 11:20 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Here you go. Still peaceable.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: Buzzsaw] #7858920 06/02/20 11:42 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Oops. Never say never. A white naked guy just showed up. I called of a drug wholesaler called McKesson & Robbins in that area.

[Linked Image]

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: bill oxner] #7858975 06/03/20 12:44 AM
T
TonyWornick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Oops. Never say never. A white naked guy just showed up. I called of a drug wholesaler called McKesson & Robbins in that area.

We've learned to just say "guy" and not say the color. Did they catch the naked dude?

Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7858999 06/03/20 01:18 AM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

Hurricane season

Right on time a tropical storm forms in the Bay of Campeche with far East Texas in the warning cone!

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Frisco Protest march [Re: S.A. hunter] #7859080 06/03/20 02:38 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by Guy
Buz go there and throw a rock at any looters.

But be safe,............ wear a mask!

roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide