Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Ag Hunter 78] #7801309 04/09/20 10:41 PM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Well, for some reason it doesn't have the "edit" option on that post. Can't be sure but maybe that dumb auto-correct changed it and I didn't see it. But more than likely I misread your handle.

Last edited by Ag Hunter 78; 04/09/20 10:47 PM.

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7801677 04/10/20 04:17 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
North Texas is fine. We go to grocery store, get some gas and take out. Many of us wear the so called facemask now. How else will this spread outside of the 100 to 200 a day. No one is going out in crowds. Me going home to ranch gate is not spreading crap so stop it. County judge shut everything down. What more do you want? Cbump got screwed because he is LEO and they have higher infection rates. All he had to do was enter property and apparantly that was going to infect everyone around... This was not an outfitted hunt with guys from all over. I live in Dallas with 4 positive folks around me. I go to store and 4 people are there out of 25,000 in same zip code... Take precautions but stop being nuts.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7801702 04/10/20 06:29 AM
A
Ag Hunter 78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
You're not asking me "What more do you want" are you? In my very first post on this thread you posted right after me. I basically said on that first post that people should not blow COVID 19 off as media hype, and added "Not saying to live like hermits" at the end. You're right...take precautions but don't go overboard. Hey, if I had a ranch I would have already gone out there to not go looney from cabin fever too. It's hard to figure the middle ground between taking too many chances and being way too cautious......that's not my call but common sense says stay home and just go out when needed. But yea, "when needed" is subjective.

It's nuts how this virus’ has grown and spread. We started off with a couple of cases in Washington state, California, and New York, and just a few weeks later it is in every state and we will hit half a million cases and probably 19,000 or so deaths by Easter. I pray this does not parallel the Spanish flu of 1918-19. It hit in 1918, died down, then came back with a vengeance in 1919 and killed millions. What is even more scary is that viruses mutate. If this thing spreads in the future like it does but mutates to where it is even more deadly, we will be in a world of hurt. Geez, I can't wait to get back to normal, but there’s no telling what the “post-COVID 19 normal” will look like, but it’s bound to have as many or more changes as the “post-911 normal”.

No prayer in school....What's next, no thinking in church?
It's not just about pie in the sky when you die. It's also about steak on your plate while you wait!
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7801703 04/10/20 06:35 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Ok...You are nuts. NW states are done and sending ventilators to NY they will probably never need.. Buddies been at his ranch for four weeks now because of it. I go to my lease every weekend with zero contact. Still going to grocery shop and get gas as anyone does. With exteme precautions unlike them Europeans. Hot dogs and hamburgers go a long way! Probaly have a heart attack before your virus. What more you want us to do???? Time to kill a turkey. Later!!!

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7801709 04/10/20 08:23 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I feel like this covid deal is the most divisive event we have had since the civil war. You're either waiting for everyone to die or waiting for the collapse of the world economy, and either side is calling everyone else a blithering idiot.

I can't take no more!

Last edited by laid over; 04/10/20 08:24 AM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: 10 Gauge] #7801904 04/10/20 03:25 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by laid over
I feel like this covid deal is the most divisive event we have had since the civil war. You're either waiting for everyone to die or waiting for the collapse of the world economy, and either side is calling everyone else a blithering idiot.

I can't take no more!

^^^Easy to agree with most of that. I still think its not unlike a lot of other things where you have both extremes and usually a lot of middle ground. HF LF. Big caliber little caliber. Rifle hunt bow hunt. The big difference with the virus issue is the stakes are much much higher.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7801927 04/10/20 04:03 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Its not middle ground, its common sense

many here have NONE.

This is supposed to be a "who's cancelling their hunt" thread.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7801934 04/10/20 04:07 PM
J
jacinda Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Hope this calamity is soon passed[Linked Image]

Last edited by jacinda; 04/10/20 04:08 PM.
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: jacinda] #7801965 04/10/20 04:39 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by jacinda
Hope this calamity is soon passed[Linked Image]

ME TOOOOOOOO paw

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7801996 04/10/20 05:07 PM
T
Theringworm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
IMO, if I have a spring hunt booked in state (TX) and I can get there and get back safely with minimal contact, I would keep it booked. If the outfitter cancels it then I expect him to offer options of either a refund or a date to reschedule the hunt. If you reside in a shelter in place county or are having to traverse a shelter in place county to get to your destination, well..... by law you should not be out and about. That’s at your own risk.

If it’s an out of state spring hut, I would expect most outfitters would cancel your hunts. Many states including ours have a 14 day quarantine period depending on the state you came from, that you must abide by if caught crossing state lines. So even if you did go, you run the risk of being detained and quarantined for 14 days and would miss your hunt regardless. So, it would be best to stay at home. If the out of state outfitter didn’t cancel your hunt but you you would be susceptible to being quarantined on your travel to or from the destination, one would hope that making the outfitter aware of this would cause him to do the right thing and at minimum offer to reschedule your hunt, if not a refund.

Obviously there are several states that have already canceled Spring hunts to Non-residents (Alaska, and I think Oregon, Washington and Idaho but don’t quote me on that) so you aren’t going on any hunts in those areas. What your outfitter does or should do, (imo a full refund or reschedule) will be up to them.

It’s highly possible Alaskan early fall (July-Sept) and Yukon/BC hunts may be affected as well. International travel may have more restrictive travel bans that what we are seeing here in the states. You can still fly, but I would make sure and be aware of possible 14 day quarantines that may exist to wherever you are going or back in the state you come from and plan accordingly.

A lot of unknown currently.

Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7802301 04/10/20 10:27 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If I was an outfitter, living in the boonies, with no or little contact with people, I would cancel the hunt to keep the odds in my favor. In some areas, out of town visitors are required to quarantine for 2 weeks. Out of state, they tell you to stay home.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Cancelling Hunts [Re: Buzzsaw] #7802596 04/11/20 05:10 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Buddy did end up canceling his annual Kansas hunt. Outfitter still wants the hunters but buddy has lost too much income to justify the risk and hassle and price. He never paid anything yet so no loss there. If hunt is in state I would still try to make it. Roads are empty to driving is very easy now. One truck at Buccees tonight!! And for some reason, they are 30 cents more than Sam's!

If I was an outfitter, I would have a questionnaire before you left your house before you come!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide