Forums46
Topics538,057
Posts9,732,532
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7704147 01/01/20 05:38 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Well, I drive a truck. smile ani

Never had any issues with anti-hunting folks in the country.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7704224 01/01/20 06:33 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Well, I drive a truck. smile ani

Never had any issues with anti-hunting folks in the country.

Myself. I had an encounter while buying "deer hunting" corn, not in the country. I'm familiar with the area you hunt. I'll keep a eye out for the vehicle.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7704541 01/01/20 10:15 PM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted by lthomas132
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Subaru. Lotta tree huggers and PETA members drive Subaru's. Just sayin.........

??????????

It's like saying a lot of dumbarse rednecks drive trucks.

There are a lot of those.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: claypool] #7704581 01/01/20 10:47 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by claypool
Originally Posted by lthomas132
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Subaru. Lotta tree huggers and PETA members drive Subaru's. Just sayin.........

??????????

It's like saying a lot of dumbarse rednecks drive trucks.

There are a lot of those.

Dumbarse rednecks don't drive trucks. They drive crappy cash cars that are ready to die any day.

Average rednecks usually have used pickup.

Well heeled rednecks have new trucks, Ford Platinum or etc. and probably a dually or at least 3/4 ton 4x4

Last edited by laid over; 01/01/20 10:48 PM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705282 01/02/20 02:02 PM
6.5 shooter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Yes, looks like a Subaru

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705316 01/02/20 02:29 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Interesting. I guess I would have gone up and talked to them. From your photos looks like you could have easily done it without messing you hunt any more than you did.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705355 01/02/20 02:47 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
My guess it was a warning that someone (probably a neighbor) was alert - maybe they have had problems with poachers in the area. This person saw the pickup and wanted to make it known that they were on the lookout - if hunting honestly, no foul, but if illegal/trespassing, maybe a warning to avoid the area.

I bet he would be pretty wigged out if he knew that he was being viewed through NV by a skilled hunter. aim

Last edited by Dalroo; 01/02/20 02:49 PM. Reason: Had another thought to add

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: redchevy] #7705461 01/02/20 04:14 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by redchevy
Interesting. I guess I would have gone up and talked to them. From your photos looks like you could have easily done it without messing you hunt any more than you did.

Post-hoc prognostication? No way to know at the time what the hogs would do.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705475 01/02/20 04:23 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Here is where he was messing with my driver side door.

[Linked Image]

He's got a big head smile

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705498 01/02/20 04:49 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I don’t touch other people’s property, period. That includes tying a flag on a door for whatever reason.

I would have been tempted to “shake him up” a little.

Pretty certain I would have.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705537 01/02/20 05:21 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

My thoughts are you drove up in a truck and he is sitting there with a vehicle idling. Your close enough to see this hear this and record it. Seems like you could have went and said howdy without blowing your hunt. I like hog hunting, but I would have gone and figured out what was happening blown hunt or not. Then you wouldn't be wondering. Just what I would have done.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: redchevy] #7705629 01/02/20 07:00 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

My thoughts are you drove up in a truck and he is sitting there with a vehicle idling.

Wow, you know what the hogs will do and you have a different set of events for what happened. He didn't show up until I was out in the field already, LOL.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: TCM3] #7705632 01/02/20 07:01 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by TCM3

[Linked Image]

My landowner noticed that as well...hasn't a clue as to who he is.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705665 01/02/20 07:29 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F

[Linked Image]

My landowner noticed that as well...hasn't a clue as to who he is.

I think I know who it is. The large head, that profile and distinctive nose made me remember.

It's that Dude in the movie 'Jeepers Creepers'.....I'm sure of it. You were wise to stay put.

[Linked Image]

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705701 01/02/20 08:09 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

My thoughts are you drove up in a truck and he is sitting there with a vehicle idling.

Wow, you know what the hogs will do and you have a different set of events for what happened. He didn't show up until I was out in the field already, LOL.

Hogs will eat screw root and repeat roflmao

I don't know what happened other than what your telling us. I know I would have taken the chance at not shooting a hog to go see what was going on. Better? grin

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7705731 01/02/20 08:43 PM
JDP Ranch Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog

I'd do the opposite of this if I witnessed what DNS did.

If someone was merely shining a flashlight in and scanning the car... my guess is they were simply curious and would be on their way within a few minutes. No sense in interrupting the hunt over some stranger's curiosity.

If that same person started fidgeting with the door handle of my car... in the middle of nowhere... at night... odds are they are trying to break in.

I value my life over my property. Approaching a potential thief is a recipe for disaster. No sense in putting your life at risk for what is probably less than $1,000 in potential damages.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: JDP Ranch] #7705806 01/02/20 09:44 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JDP Ranch

If someone was merely shining a flashlight in and scanning the car... my guess is they were simply curious and would be on their way within a few minutes. No sense in interrupting the hunt over some stranger's curiosity.

If that same person started fidgeting with the door handle of my car... in the middle of nowhere... at night... odds are they are trying to break in.

I value my life over my property. Approaching a potential thief is a recipe for disaster. No sense in putting your life at risk for what is probably less than $1,000 in potential damages.

You are completely correct. I just hope I could do that too. My first response would be to engage. Especially if I had all the night vision stuff DNS has. Again, you do have the logical point.

Proverbs 2
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: TCM3] #7705818 01/02/20 09:49 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

[Linked Image]

Yeah and look at that chin sticking out there.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Sniper.270] #7705824 01/02/20 09:53 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

You are completely correct. I just hope I could do that too. My first response would be to engage. Especially if I had all the night vision stuff DNS has. Again, you do have the logical point.

DNS is a very patient man. I would have certainly approached him and would have been ready to throw down. My face gets hot when I even think about it.

With all that sweet gear probably even moreso, if it were me and this guy were a crook he would have been royally screwed.

DNS is a good and patient man indeed.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7706033 01/03/20 12:15 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Beanie and beard

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Sniper.270] #7707513 01/04/20 04:32 AM
S
Scott W Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

If the big headed guy isn't ballsy enough to search a random truck in the dark on the side of the road, he's probably carrying a weapon and if you approach him, he's likely to reach for it and use it at the drop of a hat.

The smart move is to do what DNS did. Keep your distance, observe and ask questions later.

Originally Posted by Scott W
Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7707635 01/04/20 12:22 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
If the guy was shining his light in the field twice, looks in your truck and flags it. Sounds like a nosy neighbor or someone that frequents out there just checking the situation out and probably not for bad intentions.

If I was a thief and saw a truck parked like that, I would have waited by the truck for a few minutes listening to see or hear if anyone is around, if not I would discretely shine the flashlight in the truck only to see if there was anything worth getting in trouble for. I certainly would not shine my light into a field alerting the owner that I was up to no good with his truck!

And like Skinner I would have engaged the person based off his passive actions.

Last edited by Stub; 01/04/20 12:25 PM.

texas Faith, Family and Freedom flag

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7711978 01/08/20 10:01 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
He might have flagged your truck then called the GW, the flag marking your truck as the one in question for the GW.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: Messing With The Truck of a Night Hunter [Re: psycho0819] #7712105 01/08/20 11:55 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by psycho0819
He might have flagged your truck then called the GW, the flag marking your truck as the one in question for the GW.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide