Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701275 12/29/19 03:36 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by Mako My Day
The causeway into Galveston is terrible inbound and outbound, all that trash eventually ends up in the water. People need to be better, and unfortunately there’s no way for enforcement unless the police actually see it happen.

Yep never seen the amount of plastic water bottles as is down there. just sickening. Between the katrina refugees and illegals they are ruining GALVESTON and the texas coast line all the way down to SPI.................just a GD crying shame.

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701281 12/29/19 03:46 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Morning “guys.” Now you all are getting way to upset about this issue. I know all you intelligent good people know that someone else will take care of it. We deserve to not have to worry about trash. We deserve to be free from such responsibilities. Besides, our messiness provides a job for someone. Without trash there would be no adopt a highway program. Guys get with the program. Responsibility and self discipline are dead. It went the way of common sense. But do not fear, the gooberment has it under control and will take care of you.

In honor of you all I will now roll down my window And throw out my McMuffin, hash browns wrappers, drink, and napkins. Soon as that dang plane quits following me. Lol

PS. Does the adopt a highway program exist still?

Proverbs 2
Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701283 12/29/19 03:52 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Seriously, I keep the bar ditch mowed and trimmed right up to the road and I swear people see that as a free dumping sign. I know they throw more trash out thinking “he keeps this up so well I know he will pick it up.

I have to get on the oil workers that work a well on my place about leaving trash. Now a days people dump tires,TVs, mattresses. What the heck is wrong with people.

Proverbs 2
Re: Littering [Re: LonestarCobra] #7701291 12/29/19 04:06 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
Originally Posted by Stompy
Secure your trash people, and if it does blow out stop and pick it up.

This, its not that hard.

A little side story-

A few years ago during hunting season we had a new pumper checking wells on the place. I would find toilet paper and empty paper coffee cups and the other item in the gate more than once a week. I lit into that pumper real good, since I was sure it was him. About a week later I found out I was wrong when the pumper brought a guy hunting the property about 3/4 mile down the road up to the house to let me know he found the real litter bug. I bought the pumper his lunch that day, apologized to him, and needless to say, there is no more litter from that guy.

He kidnapped the hunter??

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701299 12/29/19 04:16 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
All littering irks me. What gets me really going is the jerk that throws out lit cigarette butts this time of year. how stupid can some people be. It takes a grade A ahole to throw a lit butt trailing sparks everywhere. Then there's the prick that dumps out the ashtray at the stop light. Geez.

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701334 12/29/19 05:12 PM
O
Old Rabbit Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Growing up we had a local fishing/swimming pond that we didn't have permission to use. That didn't stop much of anyone from going there including us. We got tired of all the trash left there by others and were cleaning it up and watching our fishing poles and didn't see or hear the land owner come up behind us. We were caught red handed and there was no need to run. He talked to us a little while and thanked us for cleaning up the place and gave us permission to swim and fish anytime we wanted. Needless to say we kept the place clean for him.

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701346 12/29/19 05:25 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
A couple of years ago I saw a guy dumping tires on my county road. Had the wife with me so I just wrote down his plate number and call the sheriff. Within 2 hours the guy was back out picking up his trash and even some he didn't dump. Sheriff was there watching him.

I see someone dumping, I will turn them in.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701347 12/29/19 05:26 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Had a buddy that would sink his empty bottles at the lake. We're no longer friends.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Littering [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7701445 12/29/19 07:15 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Had a buddy that would sink his empty bottles at the lake. We're no longer friends.

Each year several scuba divers volunteer to help clean up PK. They all gather up on pontoon boats and go to Hell's Gate and pick up trash. I have watched them load several pontoon loads of bottles and cans every year. It is ridiculous how much trash gets sunk in that one spot.

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701451 12/29/19 07:26 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
We are campers the amount of trash the average Joe leaves behind is ridiculous. We keep a couple of the trash pickers in the camper and usually fill a couple of bags of trash each trip. realmad

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701478 12/29/19 07:56 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I was going to start a post about the filth along our hwys but thought, WTH, everyone will just think I'm just bitc@#$%. I have never seen so much trash as I did this last week. Driving down 281 from Stephenville to Comal county was disgusting. Trash everywhere. Texas is officially the trashiest state in the union. My Wife and I clean 8 miles of our hwy, both sides, under Adopt-a-hwy program. This really hits a nerve with me. Self cleaning truck beds suck. Counties need to get prisoners to volunteer to get out of jail to pick up trash. Old fashioned chain gang.

Last edited by Erathkid; 12/29/19 07:58 PM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Littering [Re: Sniper.270] #7701486 12/29/19 08:06 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Seriously, I keep the bar ditch mowed and trimmed right up to the road and I swear people see that as a free dumping sign. I know they throw more trash out thinking “he keeps this up so well I know he will pick it up.

I have to get on the oil workers that work a well on my place about leaving trash. Now a days people dump tires,TVs, mattresses. What the heck is wrong with people.

My Wife had a guy slow down and toss a half full Dr. Pepper can at her feet while we were picking up trash along our hwy. If he had done that to me he would at minimum be called every name in the book and can would have slammed the side of his truck.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Littering [Re: Erathkid] #7701487 12/29/19 08:10 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Erathkid
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

My Wife had a guy slow down and toss a half full Dr. Pepper can at her feet while we were picking up trash along our hwy. If he had done that to me he would at minimum be called every name in the book and can would have slammed the side of his truck.

Maybe he thought y’all were collecting aluminum cans and was just making a donation.

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701502 12/29/19 08:23 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
My lease has a live creek through it with a farm road crossing the creek. Area lease hunters used to often stop on the bridge and throw bags of trash into the creek. I could tell it was hunters from neighboring leases because of the stuff in the trash. I started piling the bags of trash on the side of the road at the end of the bridge every time they did it so they could see the same bags when they drove back by. My idea was someone on the same lease or leases would recognize their own trash dumped on the road and start calling each other out or the person dumping would fear same. Someone started immediately removing those bags of trash and it rarely happens now.

Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701960 12/30/19 04:43 AM
S
Scott W Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
The DPS used to have a website where you could report someone's license # for littering and they would send them a letter or post card with the date, time and location it happened. I used it frequently for a few years.

I hate littering and always remind my kids that the world is not a trash can. We pick up trash together at many of the places we frequent, especially the baseball field. It's not uncommon to see my son and I leaving a game with handfuls or empty cups or napkins or gum wrappers. Hopefully the habit stick with them.

Originally Posted by Scott W
Re: Littering [Re: Mako My Day] #7701971 12/30/19 05:03 AM
H
Hooker Offline
Patriarch
Patriarch
H
Quite a few years ago, I was driving through southern New Mexico, we noticed a guy walking along and putting trash into a sack hung over his shoulder, I stopped and told him how great that was to do that, suddenly I told he he really looked like Burle Ives, he grinned at me and said " Yep, I sing a bit too" I said are you him? his answer "Yep"

"Happiness is more important then spilled jelly"

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide