Forums46
Topics538,081
Posts9,732,774
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7700027 12/27/19 11:00 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Originally Posted by scalebuster
Do you own the place?

Yes sir. For some strange reason there was some confusion about who owned it, my in laws or me. I made the record very straight, my name is on the deed, and it’s going to my kids through our trust. I don’t know if maybe my father in law was telling people he bought it or what, but it is mine.

Now my wife says it’s half hers, and she is correct about that, but my half is bigger
roflmao

It doesn’t sound like there should be a problem at all then. When your son asked her not to walk by the feeders and she didn’t listen why didn’t you just lay down the law? Confrontation with family is never fun but that would be the best course of action instead of getting upset enough to tell us about it.

Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: scalebuster] #7700054 12/27/19 11:26 PM
M
moe cowbell Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Sorry about your Griswold Christmas bang

[Linked Image]
Wisdom and Patience ...two very important virtues
Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7700102 12/28/19 12:30 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texican
Could give her a deer costume for Christmas peep

Now that’s a great idea clap

Like the way you think.... roflmao

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: scalebuster] #7700114 12/28/19 12:40 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Do you own the place?

Yes sir. For some strange reason there was some confusion about who owned it, my in laws or me. I made the record very straight, my name is on the deed, and it’s going to my kids through our trust. I don’t know if maybe my father in law was telling people he bought it or what, but it is mine.

Now my wife says it’s half hers, and she is correct about that, but my half is bigger
roflmao

It doesn’t sound like there should be a problem at all then. When your son asked her not to walk by the feeders and she didn’t listen why didn’t you just lay down the law? Confrontation with family is never fun but that would be the best course of action instead of getting upset enough to tell us about it.

Yup...I would have told her next time she feels like taking a walk to walk her arse right out the front gate....is the 60 yr/old lady blood kin to your son or by marriage….it shouldn't matter, she should have respected his right to be there hunting.....

I have in-laws by marriage that are not allowed to set foot on my property (my wife's brothers wife)....and, as a result I'm not allowed on theirs either....win-win IMHO....he and I still get along great and still do things together.... cheers

The last time she and I spoke she was throwing a melodramatic fit throwing crap in her car to leave my BIL (not the first time)…She had her son and some of his friends over there helping her...

I was standing there by his truck as we were to make sure she didn't load up any of his property....it was entertaining leaning there on his pickup drinking a beer watching her have a complete meltdown slamming doors and throwing stuff. I just looked at her with a smirk on my face. She stormed over to me and said, "FU you bald-headed bastard!"....I simply looked at her and said, "I wouldn't "FU" with that dogs Richard" nodding towards his blue healer....last words we ever spoke to each other...six years ago....

banana2

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: scalebuster] #7700128 12/28/19 12:54 AM
T
Texas buckeye Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Do you own the place?

roflmao

I Want to go home with my wife. That’s reason number 1-100. Also, the deed was done so what good would it have done to get onto her after the fact? The point was made and my wife talked to her dad, he spoke to his wife. I see no point in dealing with adults when I am emotional and mad, nothing good comes out of that. Quite honestly I don’t care how things go with the extended family, but I need to keep my house in order and me popping off on my MIL would make for some really bad mojo at home. I let her (my wife) deal with her side but let her know if it isn’t dealt with I will, and we won’t like that outcome.

Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7700148 12/28/19 01:15 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Go drown the area you're hunting with skunk essence. The deer won't care, good cover scent, might even draw in a coyote to shoot and the hippie chick won't want to be anywhere near there.

Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7700342 12/28/19 08:46 AM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
If it's your place set the rules. If granny doesn't respect them than she's out Family or not!

Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7700499 12/28/19 05:36 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Sounds like it is time to run an electric fence between the house and the hunting area and feeders. Closer to the house the better. Just be sure and let your son know where the gap is so he doesn't get bit. Bet it won't take but once for her to learn to walk someplace else.

Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7700518 12/28/19 05:59 PM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I hope the walk through the feeders wasn’t due to her wanting to intentionally disrupt the deer hunting. Now, THAT would push all my hot buttons.

This Christmas at our place was the first in memory with zero drama. The grandson got his buck. Most every adult got drunk at least once.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Texas buckeye] #7702831 12/31/19 12:25 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Do you own the place?

roflmao

The wedding was the trigger......now they feel entitled.......I would shut down any visitors for the entire hunting season unless you accompany them......and tell the wife if that’s not acceptable the place is up for sale.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: moe cowbell] #7702833 12/31/19 12:28 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by moe cowbell
Sorry about your Griswold Christmas bang

roflmao

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The fun of trying to give your son a buck to shoot [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7703050 12/31/19 04:53 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Do you own the place?

roflmao

The wedding was the trigger......now they feel entitled.......I would shut down any visitors for the entire hunting season unless you accompany them......and tell the wife if that’s not acceptable the place is up for sale.....

Quick update about the wedding...gave the contract to the wedding couple, and they aren't having the wedding at my place anymore. They decided to have a small ceremony in some state park or something, and guess who isn't invited...best of both worlds!

Regarding the entitlement and disrespect, I am going up tonight and tomorrow, and if one person says one thing about anything, I will loose it, throw the whole lot of them off. I have told my family as much, and my kids are all but begging to see that happen. I know it would be some serious stress to my wife, but she knows where I am at with it all. I would have already thrown them all off but my wife is having surgery at the beginning of the year and is already having enough stress about that, so I have tried to stay as stress free for her as possible, but...strike two has been thrown. I won't stand for strike three.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide