Forums46
Topics538,056
Posts9,732,504
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Hudbone] #7669194 11/21/19 11:31 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I thought this was a hunting forum. Talk about the flopping leg, too quick of a shot and/or whatever. The hunter who has not personally witnessed something akin to this hasn't taken enough shots.

I had no need to watch the video a 2nd time, but it is something that does happen. At least it didn't get hit, run off and never found.

There is a history with this member that you are not aware of........check out his prior posts to understand why he get's this treatment.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7669198 11/21/19 11:34 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I thought this was a hunting forum. Talk about the flopping leg, too quick of a shot and/or whatever. The hunter who has not personally witnessed something akin to this hasn't taken enough shots.

I had no need to watch the video a 2nd time, but it is something that does happen. At least it didn't get hit, run off and never found.

There is a history with this member that you are not aware of........check out his prior posts to understand why he get's this treatment.....

Hopefully he had permission to hunt this property.....

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Hudbone] #7669203 11/21/19 11:40 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

My criticisms were valid in the sense that he doesn't need to post every shot he takes and he needs to consider this video can now be used in an anti-hunting propaganda film as evidence hunters don't care about the animals they take (and please don't take that to make it sound like Joseph doesn't care, I fully believe he does, but the celebration of such a shot on video can be construed and "manipulated" to say such tot he anti-hunting crowd) and hurt us all in the long run.

Yes, among friends, this video is nothing that needs to be watched twice (other than to critique it) but in a public space, this video does us hunters no favors.

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7669263 11/22/19 12:50 AM
C
CptKaos Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Sad, just plain sad. Your mentor should of taught you better.

Larry

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7669269 11/22/19 01:03 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I can’t believe you posted that video...

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7669270 11/22/19 01:03 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted by jtprocaddie
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
[quote=jtprocaddie][quote=Texas buckeye]death by broken leg....didn't really need to see a video of that poor doe running on three legs...I think your scope needs a little adjusting. I know nothing about this thing you are using, but the dot was a little low it seemed.

And too your point the shot was 2 inches low, We were at 2,100 feet elevation and I had the ballistics in the scope for 700 feet elevation (back at home) which is about a 1.5" difference at 300 yards for that round.

Actually, higher elevation has the opposite effect.

It sounded good, though.

To someone of his intellect, anyway. Hell, he drove to a deer in a Jeep and called it a tough recovery. It seems to me that he started hunting a year or two ago, acquired some hunting heroes on tv, and is desperately trying with all his feeble might to be just like them. He’s like a 12 year old. I’d bet money he loves modern country, too. In fact, that’s what he reminds me of. He’s the young, up and coming Jason Aldean of hunting.

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7669709 11/22/19 04:04 PM
S
sbushee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Stay in the confines of the Austin city limits JTprocaddie. I’m sure you’re right at home there

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7669752 11/22/19 04:51 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
In the spirit of continuous improvement, IMHO, if I am going to watch (rarely) a hunting video, it will be to learn something or see some alternative terrain/animals/techniques/etc. Again, to me, it is more about the preparation, stalk, lessons learned, and experience. Just watching an animal through a scope for 20 seconds followed by a shot provides no education and honestly, I've seen plenty of animals shot through my own scope, so don't really need to see the same from someone else.

JTPpro, you are working to turn a hobby into an enterprise, and I get that and wish you the best, but expecting experienced hunters (like most here) to appreciate a simple kill shot is unrealistic, regardless if it is 259 yards or 259 feet. With that said, if there was a video where you identified a target buck, prepared by planting attractants through food plots, then showed the patience necessary by stalking/rattling/waiting for that perfect shot, I would be more inclined to view.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Dalroo] #7669753 11/22/19 04:54 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dalroo
In the spirit of continuous improvement, IMHO, if I am going to watch (rarely) a hunting video, it will be to learn something or see some alternative terrain/animals/techniques/etc. Again, to me, it is more about the preparation, stalk, lessons learned, and experience. Just watching an animal through a scope for 20 seconds followed by a shot provides no education and honestly, I've seen plenty of animals shot through my own scope, so don't really need to see the same from someone else.

JTPpro, you are working to turn a hobby into an enterprise, and I get that and wish you the best, but expecting experienced hunters (like most here) to appreciate a simple kill shot is unrealistic, regardless if it is 259 yards or 259 feet. With that said, if there was a video where you identified a target buck, prepared by planting attractants through food plots, then showed the patience necessary by stalking/rattling/waiting for that perfect shot, I would be more inclined to view.

Agreed, And that is why we release full videos of our experiences, which people said on this forum they didn't want to see, and wanted to see the short kill shot only so that is what we post here.

Full videos of the story itself behind the hunt and after the shot are on the pursuit channel, and our Facebook page usually.

Thanks for your feedback. Hunting is much more than the trigger pull, there is a lot before and after the hunt.

Here is an example...

https://youtu.be/l37s1dXTIlU

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7669782 11/22/19 05:14 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D

Agreed, And that is why we release full videos of our experiences, which people said on this forum they didn't want to see, and wanted to see the short kill shot only so that is what we post here.

Full videos of the story itself behind the hunt and after the shot are on the pursuit channel, and our Facebook page usually.

Thanks for your feedback. Hunting is much more than the trigger pull, there is a lot before and after the hunt.

Here is an example...

https://youtu.be/l37s1dXTIlU

Gotcha - much better to see the entire experience from start to finish for me...

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7669817 11/22/19 05:48 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
JT I the prior issues were more the length of videos, lots of sponsor infomercial type product pushing and less delving into the essence of the hunt itself. Also, the fast target acquisition, multiple shots fired sometimes and deer/hog non-fatal shots taken too. If your current expanded videos have corrected some of that I will take a look at them. The quick shots still seem a bit problematic for my taste. More steadying on the animal to be shot before shooting would go a long way for me, personally.

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TiggerV] #7669853 11/22/19 06:24 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Few things I noticed:

If that was the scope you were looking thru, you weren’t really steady when you squeezed off the shot. Looked to me like a heart shot but from that angle the bullet would have broken the leg as you see here, but the shot seemed rushed.

Second off, why would you Video that and put it online? You make a video every time you brush your teeth as well? Shooting a doe across a field shoot isn’t cause to post a video online, especially one like that.

Come on dude, act like you have been there before. Real hunters don’t want to see this, and non hunters damn sure don’t.

This whole charade you have going just reeks of immaturity.

This reply right here is spot on !!

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: DQ Kid] #7669995 11/22/19 08:56 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
JT I the prior issues were more the length of videos, lots of sponsor infomercial type product pushing and less delving into the essence of the hunt itself. Also, the fast target acquisition, multiple shots fired sometimes and deer/hog non-fatal shots taken too. If your current expanded videos have corrected some of that I will take a look at them. The quick shots still seem a bit problematic for my taste. More steadying on the animal to be shot before shooting would go a long way for me, personally.

What do you think of our latest episode? This is what just aired? You can skip thru the commercials 3 sets of 2 mins long per the network.

Gives a little more info on the set up, and leading into the actual trigger pulls.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7670005 11/22/19 09:09 PM
S
sbushee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

What do you think of our latest episode? This is what just aired? You can skip thru the commercials 3 sets of 2 mins long per the network.

Gives a little more info on the set up, and leading into the actual trigger pulls. Ok

Why didn’t you just hunt out of the boat in the shed behind your pop up?

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7670006 11/22/19 09:09 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Well we are all entitled to our opinions. As a person that grew up in the outdoors I find it as an eyesore and disgrace to the outdoors.

Why are you making episodes? Fillms? If you want to hunt just go hunt.... that's what its about, not some bs production movie or whatever your trying to make of it.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: sbushee] #7670017 11/22/19 09:18 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by sbushee

Gives a little more info on the set up, and leading into the actual trigger pulls. Ok

Why didn’t you just hunt out of the boat in the shed behind your pop up?

Because from there I cant see down the second shooting lane I made into the other part of the property. duhhhh

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: redchevy] #7670018 11/22/19 09:19 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by redchevy
Well we are all entitled to our opinions. As a person that grew up in the outdoors I find it as an eyesore and disgrace to the outdoors.

Why are you making episodes? Fillms? If you want to hunt just go hunt.... that's what its about, not some bs production movie or whatever your trying to make of it.

Have you even watched one of our episodes?

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7670024 11/22/19 09:25 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Yes. And I remember a bunch of this junk from the first go around with this too.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: redchevy] #7670027 11/22/19 09:30 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by redchevy
Yes. And I remember a bunch of this junk from the first go around with this too.

My shows were a little different a few years ago.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7670039 11/22/19 09:51 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Different like in a one less ripe turd in the outhouse kinda way, yes, one only.

Portraying hunters in a good light / reasonable way, no.

Something about a monkey and a football fits well.

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Rustler] #7670049 11/22/19 10:10 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rustler
Different like in a one less ripe turd in the outhouse kinda way, yes, one only.

Portraying hunters in a good light / reasonable way, no.

Something about a monkey and a football fits well.

haha Haters are gonna hate. thanks for the views :-)

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7670059 11/22/19 10:26 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
That wasn't 'hate'.
That was the most positive, nicest & honest thing I could think of to say.

Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Rustler] #7670061 11/22/19 10:31 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rustler
That wasn't 'hate'.
That was the most positive, nicest & honest thing I could think of to say.

I guess this kind of episode doesn't portray them in a good way either?

And then man this one must make kids look like crap then too!

And then this one about predators also doesn't show respect then either...

And man it sure sucks to show people a change and do a fishing trip slamming stripers all day

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 11/22/19 10:31 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: TXGH] #7670085 11/22/19 10:55 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Joseph, best thing to do is swallow your pride and listen.

That is all I am willing to say at this point.

Respectfully

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Doe kill 259 yards kill shot on Tactacam FTS [Re: Superduty] #7670123 11/22/19 11:58 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Superduty
Joseph, best thing to do is swallow your pride and listen.

That is all I am willing to say at this point.

Respectfully

Oh trust me I have a lot, the main reason my show has gotten to this point, and is still getting better. But some on here will never be happy. All I can do is say thanks for the views to those who like to complain about it.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide