Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658189 11/11/19 02:59 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
My grandfather turned to Mormon when he was about 40. He’s the only one in the family.

What I will say is they sure look out for one another. He got Alzheimer’s at a young age, maybe 55. But his body was good. Lived with it 20 years. Those Mormon kids mowed his yard and fixed stuff for 20 years.

I tell my wife at first indication that I have something. I’m gonna be switching over.

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Chickenman] #7658196 11/11/19 03:12 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by Chickenman
I think my neighbor has a few wives. He's a great guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA cool2

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Why not report it? [Re: NORML as can be] #7658208 11/11/19 03:26 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Y’all don’t find it random they let a few escape and hide in the bushes etc. The cartel wanted them to live so they could send the message

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7658209 11/11/19 03:26 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Why do you care that they were polygamists? Because you find it immoral? Because that’s the vibe I’m getting here. You find it immoral and it needs to be mentioned to satisfy your objection to it. I don’t condone polygamy, but murder is pretty far ahead of letting people practice whatever religion they believe in of things I object to, especially when children are murdered.

Just looking for a reason why anyone would want to live in a place that puts women and children in such danger.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 11/11/19 03:27 AM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658212 11/11/19 03:30 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Why do you care that they were polygamists? Because you find it immoral? Because that’s the vibe I’m getting here. You find it immoral and it needs to be mentioned to satisfy your objection to it. I don’t condone polygamy, but murder is pretty far ahead of letting people practice whatever religion they believe in of things I object to, especially when children are murdered.

Just looking for a reason why anyone would want to live in a place that puts women and children in such danger.

Murder happens everywhere, look at the American murder rates for the last few years.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7658225 11/11/19 03:40 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Mormonism you should read up on it's founder.

There is one god. The god.of the Bible. There is one way to heaven Jesus Christ. All others are false idols and cults.

No I'm very aware of cartel violence genius. Which is why this murder doesn't move the needle for me anymore or less than any other. Those folks ain't Americans.

If I choose to go cave exploring in the beautiful mountains of Afghanistan and get my head sawed off don't morn.

I’m a Christian. I’m aware of Mormonism and it’s practices. I don’t think their religion, at least based on what I’ve read so far, was the reason for their murders. I also am not going to say any religion that doesn’t believe the same thing I do is a cult.

Obviously you’re aware of the violence in Mexico. That’s why I asked how you knew. Unless you read the Mexican press, you must’ve heard about it from the American press, genius.

It seems like you and Dan both have an issue with Mormons and that it goes against your beliefs, and that’s just not a part of the story for me, because I don’t care.

Innocent people were murdered. Mormon, Christian, Jehova’s witness, agnostic, I just don’t care. Unless something comes out about the victims specifically, I don’t see the need to harp on their religion or why we disagree with it in this case. And I don’t support polygamy.

Spot on. Blaming Mormon religion or polygamy for any of this is irrelevant and ignorant.

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7658228 11/11/19 03:43 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

There is one god. The god.of the Bible. There is one way to heaven Jesus Christ. All others are false idols and cults.

No I'm very aware of cartel violence genius. Which is why this murder doesn't move the needle for me anymore or less than any other. Those folks ain't Americans.

If I choose to go cave exploring in the beautiful mountains of Afghanistan and get my head sawed off don't morn.

I’m a Christian. I’m aware of Mormonism and it’s practices. I don’t think their religion, at least based on what I’ve read so far, was the reason for their murders. I also am not going to say any religion that doesn’t believe the same thing I do is a cult.

Obviously you’re aware of the violence in Mexico. That’s why I asked how you knew. Unless you read the Mexican press, you must’ve heard about it from the American press, genius.

It seems like you and Dan both have an issue with Mormons and that it goes against your beliefs, and that’s just not a part of the story for me, because I don’t care.

Innocent people were murdered. Mormon, Christian, Jehova’s witness, agnostic, I just don’t care. Unless something comes out about the victims specifically, I don’t see the need to harp on their religion or why we disagree with it in this case. And I don’t support polygamy.

False I've got a good buddy I've hunted with that is a Mormon. My issue is these people chose 10 wives over safety I've already said that. I've also said rip kiddos. I just don't like the entire " Americans killed in Mexico" "Trump wants to go to war with the cartel's" bs narrative. Think most Americans know how well American military does fighting an established gorilla enemy. Mexico would be no different unless we do what we won't do.

Lastly if you do not believe that Jesus is the son of God and is the only way to heaven and that there are no other gods. You do not believe the Bible and I'd find a prayer room and do some studying.

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658233 11/11/19 04:01 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Not that it takes anything from the tragedy itself, but I have to believe polygamy is the driver behind these Mormons choosing to live in Mexico.

It's not like that's anything new, everybody knew why that particular branch had to leave the Mormon church and pretty much flee to Mexico.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Why not report it? [Re: ducknbass] #7658257 11/11/19 04:31 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

False I've got a good buddy I've hunted with that is a Mormon. My issue is these people chose 10 wives over safety I've already said that. I've also said rip kiddos. I just don't like the entire " Americans killed in Mexico" "Trump wants to go to war with the cartel's" bs narrative. Think most Americans know how well American military does fighting an established gorilla enemy. Mexico would be no different unless we do what we won't do.

Lastly if you do not believe that Jesus is the son of God and is the only way to heaven and that there are no other gods. You do not believe the Bible and I'd find a prayer room and do some studying.

I do believe that, dude, so quit projecting your religious beliefs where they don’t belong. I don’t see how it’s relevant here or why it’s the time or place to use it to blame the victims like you’re doing. And it’s certainly misguided when aimed at me.

Sorry your good buddy has to put up with that type of mindset from you.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 11/11/19 04:37 AM.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658260 11/11/19 04:35 AM
D
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

That’s not at all how it’s coming off. You started this thread because you haven’t seen the media mention polygamy. You picked a reason for why they were murdered and then blamed the media, in my opinion.

As far as we know, they weren’t killed because they practice polygamy. And the kids that were murdered don’t practice polygamy; they’re products of it, so that turd won’t flush.

[Linked Image]
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658271 11/11/19 05:07 AM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
The notion that they were murdered by a drug cartel because they were polygamist is ridiculous. The cartel doesn't care about anybody's religion or home life. They kill people over money. I would bet my last dollar that something the Mormons were doing was going cost the cartel money, or get them in trouble with the law or another cartel. I would be shocked if it had anything to do with their religion.

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658293 11/11/19 07:05 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz
My guess is they didn't feel it was appropriate fresh on the heels of babies being burned alive. It may be an important part of the overall story, but it has nothing to do with the actual crime.

That's true only if it was a clear cut case of mistaken identity.

You always wonder what else the media knows when they fail to report certain facts.

Do you have any information that they were killed because they were polygamists? If not I still don't see how it has anything to do with the crime. The crime is a group of people being murdered by a group of worthless savages.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Grizz] #7658298 11/11/19 11:24 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
My guess is they didn't feel it was appropriate fresh on the heels of babies being burned alive. It may be an important part of the overall story, but it has nothing to do with the actual crime.

You always wonder what else the media knows when they fail to report certain facts.

Do you have any information that they were killed because they were polygamists? If not I still don't see how it has anything to do with the crime. The crime is a group of people being murdered by a group of worthless savages.

The fact that they were members of Mormon sect that had been living in Mexico for generations makes it likely the original group moved there to practice polygamy. From that point we move onto other non-reported possibilities as to why they were targeted, with their religion NOT being one of them.

If the media dodged the question as to why they were living in Mexico, perhaps they also dodged other information surrounding the incident.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 11/11/19 11:41 AM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658299 11/11/19 11:25 AM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
One thing that isn't mentioned about Mormonism is the young men. If somebody has multiple wives, several somebody's go without. What happens to them?

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658301 11/11/19 11:26 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Mexico is looking more and more like Americas future every day instead of the other way around.

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7658312 11/11/19 11:45 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

I do believe that, dude, so quit projecting your religious beliefs where they don’t belong. I don’t see how it’s relevant here or why it’s the time or place to use it to blame the victims like you’re doing. And it’s certainly misguided when aimed at me.

Couple things. I've never blamed the victim stop putting words in my mouth buck.

You said you did not believe that then you said you did. So make up your mind.

My buddy when asked about having 10 wives will say "the Mormon church Disavowed that a long time ago"

Lastly I love my fellow man enough to share the truth. You should try it.

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658377 11/11/19 01:46 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
The more I think about it, the more I think their own group did it. I think these women and children may have been trying to flee that lifestyle and got busted.

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658408 11/11/19 02:23 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Fox is now reporting that caravans of Mormons are now fleeing Mexico.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658522 11/11/19 04:10 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

The fact that they were members of Mormon sect that had been living in Mexico for generations makes it likely the original group moved there to practice polygamy. From that point we move onto other non-reported possibilities as to why they were targeted, with their religion NOT being one of them.

If the media dodged the question as to why they were living in Mexico, perhaps they also dodged other information surrounding the incident.

Given the current situation in Mexico, I think the first safe assumption would be they were targeted by the cartel animals because they were Americans, not because they were polygamists. From there I would go to possibly crossing the cartel in some way, but polygamy would be further down the list. I don't think the cartels give two ***** about the number of wives anyone has. I could be wrong, but I'm going to have to see some kind of meaningful evidence that they were targeted because they were polygamists to make that leap.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658669 11/11/19 06:08 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
They were targeted because filthy animals run the country down there. The government is corrupt. Pretty simple.

Study the history of the people’s in Mexico. Aztec. Central America. Mayans. South America. Incas. History shows them to be barbaric and violent people. They did some crazy stuff.

Proverbs 2
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658775 11/11/19 07:59 PM
D
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

“...other non-reported...”

I guess it’s too much to ask for you to start googling after it has been pointed out that the polygamy angle has been reported.

AP from four days ago:

https://apnews.com/df0bc6f8a36e4422a6ab613b5a549fc0

ABC running the AP story three days ago:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mexican-killings-spotlight-mormon-history-polygamy-66829707

Reuters yesterday:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...on-sects-even-their-exiles-idUSKBN1XK0BD

Last Tuesday:

https://kutv.com/news/local/after-9...s-between-mexico-and-mormon-resettlement

[Linked Image]
Re: Why not report it? [Re: bill oxner] #7658782 11/11/19 08:05 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Are they heading south?

Re: Why not report it? [Re: jetdad] #7658785 11/11/19 08:09 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by jetdad

Are they heading south?

Utah.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Why not report it? [Re: Texas Dan] #7658787 11/11/19 08:11 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
It was reported. Extensively.

Dan is the second most passive/aggressive poster on the THF. Goal is to stir up controversy and then to act incredulous that controversy has arisen.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Why not report it? [Re: ducknbass] #7658788 11/11/19 08:12 PM
D
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Couple things. I've never blamed the victim stop putting words in my mouth buck.

You said you did not believe that then you said you did. So make up your mind.

My buddy when asked about having 10 wives will say "the Mormon church Disavowed that a long time ago"

Lastly I love my fellow man enough to share the truth. You should try it.

I said I was a Christian, then you said “Lastly if you do not believe that Jesus is the son of God and is the only way to heaven and that there are no other gods. You do not believe the Bible and I'd find a prayer room and do some studying.”

That’s what I was saying “I do believe that” to. Said I’m a Christian, then I said I believe what you typed. Where did I say I did not believe and then said I did?

I’m not the one victim blaming here. I do love my fellow man. I’m not the one projecting my religion onto them while blaming them for being murdered, when we have no idea why they were murdered. We certainly don’t know if they were murdered because they’re Mormon or polygamists, like you and Dan keep insinuating.

DNB: They chose 10 wives and a cult over the safety of their family. It's very important part of the story.

DNB: If I choose to go cave exploring in the beautiful mountains of Afghanistan and get my head sawed off don't morn.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide