Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7650838 11/03/19 07:58 PM
D
deerfeeder Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
The OTR drivers are usually pretty good. Now, the sand haulers in the Permian are a different set. I'm guessing they get paid by the load and not the mile and I am pretty darn sure they aren't keeping logs because they are constantly on the roads at way over the speed limits. And yes, many of them cannot speak a lick of English.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: deerfeeder] #7650857 11/03/19 08:18 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by deerfeeder
The OTR drivers are usually pretty good. Now, the sand haulers in the Permian are a different set. I'm guessing they get paid by the load and not the mile and I am pretty darn sure they aren't keeping logs because they are constantly on the roads at way over the speed limits. And yes, many of them cannot speak a lick of English.

The oilfield is importing sand from Mexico??? Or is the oilfield is hiring illegals???

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: SR025] #7650872 11/03/19 08:34 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Offline
THF Whiskey Sommelier
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
Originally Posted by SR025
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
18 wheeler should...

1. keep to the right or center lane; left lane travel should be ILLEGAL unless traffic scenario dictates left lane travel.
2. never exceed 65 mph; to be regulated and enforced by trans authority, violations and fines could/should be back dated
3. have truck & equipment inspected more frequently, too much junk on the roads

I live off Eldorado and North Dallas Tollway, the police will pull them over about 1 miles east of the tollway off Eldorado in a baseball park, they will have dozens of them pulled over in the parking lot and writing them tickets right and left.

I have seen this on a pretty regular basis

They are not necessarily writing them tickets. Probably just doing DOT inspections which could end with tickets or not.

You go thru a DOT inspection... your getting a ticket.... could be a warning but a citation none the less.

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: The Dude Abides] #7650878 11/03/19 08:45 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
18 wheeler should...

1. keep to the right or center lane; left lane travel should be ILLEGAL unless traffic scenario dictates left lane travel.
2. never exceed 65 mph; to be regulated and enforced by trans authority, violations and fines could/should be back dated

Any experience with truck driving?

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: TEXASLEFTY] #7650880 11/03/19 08:46 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
Originally Posted by SR025
Originally Posted by RedRanger
18 wheeler should...

I live off Eldorado and North Dallas Tollway, the police will pull them over about 1 miles east of the tollway off Eldorado in a baseball park, they will have dozens of them pulled over in the parking lot and writing them tickets right and left.

I have seen this on a pretty regular basis

They are not necessarily writing them tickets. Probably just doing DOT inspections which could end with tickets or not.

You go thru a DOT inspection... your getting a ticket.... could be a warning but a citation none the less.

Not true, they hand out gold stars for perfect inspections.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: The Dude Abides] #7650895 11/03/19 09:21 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
18 wheeler should...

The trucks are already inspected pre and post trip, thoroughly. That’s what’s required, anyway. Would you like an inspection mid trip? How about more laws for those that don’t follow existing laws?

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7650910 11/03/19 09:45 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
There are good & bad in every profession, trade & walk of life.

Your broad brush can be used on any profession, trade, labor, race or religion.

The 'bad ones' are the ones you hear about, they stick out in the crowd & get more attention overall and tarnish the reputations of the good ones.

Yes, there are good ones in every single example of whatever, the majority are.

Your negative perception of a whole, based on a tiny subset you actually see or know, isn't accurate.

As accurate as saying;
All hunters are trashy people, throwing it all along the roadways, letting blow out of their pickups, they all dump their camp trash & carcasses on the side of county roads.
They all shoot baby deer, don't tag deer they don't feel like tagging, camp meat, cut backstraps out & throw the rest in the brush.
They all drive like maniacs going to & from, cut people off, pass in dangerous places, none of them know how to properly secure their load in bed or on trailer,
They all play with firearms while drinking alcohol, they all drink & drive.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: The Dude Abides] #7650923 11/03/19 10:08 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
18 wheeler should...

100% agree. I travel HWY 80 everyday around 10-1030pm. Multiple times a week either I am getting pushed to the shoulder or another car is by a trucker, usually UPS or FEDEX, they seem to be the worst. And yes, the 65 mph trucker being passed by the 65.5 mph trucker is bullchit

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: Sneaky] #7650940 11/03/19 10:30 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Sneaky
18 wheeler should...

The trucks are already inspected pre and post trip, thoroughly. That’s what’s required, anyway. Would you like an inspection mid trip? How about more laws for those that don’t follow existing laws?

I'm sure what's "required" and what's "done" are completely two different things. Paperwork is pencil whipped all the time in every profession.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: Rustler] #7650952 11/03/19 10:46 PM
B
blanked Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Rustler

The 'bad ones' are the ones you hear about, they stick out in the crowd & get more attention overall and tarnish the reputations of the good ones.

Your negative perception of a whole, based on a tiny subset you actually see or know, isn't accurate.

As accurate as saying;
All hunters are trashy people, throwing it all along the roadways, letting blow out of their pickups, they all dump their camp trash & carcasses on the side of county roads.
They all shoot baby deer, don't tag deer they don't feel like tagging, camp meat, cut backstraps out & throw the rest in the brush.
They all drive like maniacs going to & from, cut people off, pass in dangerous places, none of them know how to properly secure their load in bed or on trailer,

You didn’t read what I posted. 10 to 12 wrecks. Up to 20, 18 wheelers involved in all these wrecks. Another words not one passenger car was involved. What does that tell you. Then what I said was after all those wrecks every one of the 18 wheelers still on the road continued to drive 80 mph that was driving near me.

This is hardly an isolated incident

Now what I do agree is the trucking industry is changing for the worst like many other professions.

Last edited by blanked; 11/03/19 10:49 PM.
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7650963 11/03/19 10:53 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
real simple way to stop all of it, put 4 wheelers under the same laws and regs.

let the fun begin!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7650989 11/03/19 11:21 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Isn't it great living in the good USA? confused2

One of our biggest problems? Give me a break.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7650993 11/03/19 11:25 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm around truck drivers daily and it's important to point out that there's two different species. You have your over the road long haul and then you have your others and they're different as night and day. Your local drivers probably account for most of the accidents, here in the Basin that number has to be closer to 75 %.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: The Dude Abides] #7650995 11/03/19 11:28 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
18 wheeler should...

I'm sure what's "required" and what's "done" are completely two different things. Paperwork is pencil whipped all the time in every profession.

Of course. Just like everything else, it comes down to accountability.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7651000 11/03/19 11:29 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by blanked

As accurate as saying;

You didn’t read what I posted. 10 to 12 wrecks. Up to 20, 18 wheelers involved in all these wrecks. Another words not one passenger car was involved. What does that tell you. Then what I said was after all those wrecks every one of the 18 wheelers still on the road continued to drive 80 mph that was driving near me.

Now what I do agree is the trucking industry is changing for the worst like many other professions.

If it was that big of an accident I'm pretty sure there's an article somewhere can you please post it. I would like to read it.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: The Dude Abides] #7651002 11/03/19 11:31 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
18 wheeler should...

What driving experience do you have?

I'll tell you why most of this, if not all of this isn't a good idea when I have time.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7651006 11/03/19 11:34 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
They took our jerbs

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7651027 11/03/19 11:45 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

As accurate as saying;

Hard to say if it is getting worse. Definitely more traffic, 18 and 4 wheels.
I drive 60,000 mile a year on highways and Interstates in Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. I could write a list of four wheeler accidents that I see, everyday. 18 wheeler accidents no so much.
It just seems not to be a good method to judge all 18 wheelers by one trip from Albuquerque to Amarillo.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: Simple Searcher] #7651034 11/03/19 11:50 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher

As accurate as saying;

Hard to say if it is getting worse. Definitely more traffic, 18 and 4 wheels.
I drive 60,000 mile a year on highways and Interstates in Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. I could write a list of four wheeler accidents that I see, everyday. 18 wheeler accidents no so much.
It just seems not to be a good method to judge all 18 wheelers by one trip from Albuquerque to Amarillo.

Throw in ice and high winds if this the same ones I'm thinking about, when that last front blew in. That's a windy stretch of road.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7651056 11/04/19 12:23 AM
M
MR5Hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
What’s up with these drivers today. In Houston it’s normal to see them driving 80 in the fast lane , aggressive lane changes. Few days ago I was on I40 between Albuquerque and Amarillo and there was about 10 to 12 , 18 wheelers wrecked on the side of the road. Many wrecks involved 2 or 3 at a time. One of the wrecks had the interstate blocked for a couple hours. All due to ice on the roads. Despite all this those truckers continue to drive 80, even over bridges.
I despise 18 wheeler truck drivers

It wasn’t like this 15 years ago. They drove in the far right lanes at a safe speed. Never, never involved in wrecks back then

Have had my CDl for 21 years, have worked for a major food service company for 16 years. There are definitely some bad truck drivers out there, there are also LOTS of bad 4 wheel drivers out there. Every single night someone is cutting me, pulling between my truck and a driveway while I'm pulling into a store, going around my trailer while I'm backing. We are controlled by DOT HOS and have a schedule to keep. IMO it seems the same people who are griping about truck drivers, seem like the same people that have a fit when we are not there on time because of bad weather, accidents, traffic etc. Point is no one on the road respects anyone anymore. That guy trying to pass the other truck at 65.5 might be doing it for a reason,it's not a conspiracy we are not out to ruin your day

Last edited by MR5Hunter; 11/04/19 12:26 AM. Reason: point
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: S.A. hunter] #7651062 11/04/19 12:30 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
18 wheeler should...

What driving experience do you have?

I'll tell you why most of this, if not all of this isn't a good idea when I have time.

None.

No need, I'm good. Pretty much have my opinion made up due to what I see on the road every day all across this country.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7651065 11/04/19 12:35 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There is a 10% factor in every profession, occupation etc., that is flaky. That goes for truck drivers, 4 wheel drivers, bicycle riders even pedestrians, that have no business on the roads and streets without more training.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: MR5Hunter] #7651066 11/04/19 12:35 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by MR5Hunter
What’s up with these drivers today. In Houston it’s normal to see them driving 80 in the fast lane , aggressive lane changes. Few days ago I was on I40 between Albuquerque and Amarillo and there was about 10 to 12 , 18 wheelers wrecked on the side of the road. Many wrecks involved 2 or 3 at a time. One of the wrecks had the interstate blocked for a couple hours. All due to ice on the roads. Despite all this those truckers continue to drive 80, even over bridges.

It wasn’t like this 15 years ago. They drove in the far right lanes at a safe speed. Never, never involved in wrecks back then

Have had my CDl for 21 years, have worked for a major food service company for 16 years. There are definitely some bad truck drivers out there, there are also LOTS of bad 4 wheel drivers out there. Every single night someone is cutting me, pulling between my truck and a driveway while I'm pulling into a store, going around my trailer while I'm backing. We are controlled by DOT HOS and have a schedule to keep. IMO it seems the same people who are griping about truck drivers, seem like the same people that have a fit when we are not there on time because of bad weather, accidents, traffic etc. Point is no one on the road respects anyone anymore. That guy trying to pass the other truck at 65.5 might be doing it for a reason,it's not a conspiracy we are not out to ruin your day

Instant friends, I feel your pain brother. You sound like one of our drivers.

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: blanked] #7651099 11/04/19 01:08 AM
R
RGLass Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Meth, illegal aliens. Go to midland/Odessa area. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. I’m a pipelner. I’ve driven all across America. You’d better be watching everyone out there. My wife was rear-ended by an illegal 33 months ago in San Antonio. She just underwent neck fusion surgery Thursday. I’m $200,000. In the hole . Lost house, everything. Be Careful!

Re: 18 wheeler truck drivers [Re: S.A. hunter] #7651104 11/04/19 01:12 AM
M
MR5Hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by MR5Hunter

Instant friends, I feel your pain brother. You sound like one of our drivers.

Sygma?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide