Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
LT Governor #7600371 09/07/19 02:57 PM
R
RayB Online Content OP
red bone Bob
OP Online Content
red bone Bob
R
Lt. Governor Dan Patrick turns tail and gives in to the libturds and want back ground checks on private sales of firearms. I'm not totally against it but you know the libturds will want them on all private sales. So if I sell a firearm to my best friend we have to find an FFL to run the back ground check. I could live with sell to someone I don't know but family and friend? NO!!!

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600407 09/07/19 03:41 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
He was on a radio talk show in Houston before he went into politics.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600422 09/07/19 04:05 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
The Odessa idiot provided an undeniable fact.... He was denied a purchase when a background check was done (I believe that's how we want "the system" to work) yet he was able to get one via a private sale with no background check and do what he did.

I've had to use an FFL for (4) items I didn't buy in a retail store (internet rifle/pistol and 2 cans), I didn't see it as a great imposition on my life or rights to have to do so.

Society today isn't the 20th century and it's not going to return to the way things were, so we unfortunately have to change with it.

Shaking our fist at the sky and sending thoughts and prayers after an event isn't working, sending everyone to an FFL/background check for a sale/transfer is a good first step that in no way impedes our 2A rights and/or what we can own.

Not THE answer, I'd prefer not to, but maybe it stops an event where we or a family member happen to be present.

Charlie

Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600427 09/07/19 04:15 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
He is after votes from the voting population of Texas. His next goal is probably the Governor of Texas, maybe even a run for the White House. He and every other politician will suck up to the masses.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600452 09/07/19 04:33 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Beginning of the end of Texas as we know it. If the State mandates using a FFL for every transaction, it should at least be free since "its in the public interest."

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600461 09/07/19 04:47 PM
R
rjf1911 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Won’t it also become like a bar over serving someone who gets in a wreck.....if they determine who sells the gun without a background check, they’ll be accountable as well?

Things, like Charlie says, are going to have to change.....and agree with Jimbo that the cost should be borne by the body enacting the law.

The thing that worries me is that when the gate gets cracked open and one horse gets out....can the others be kept in....

Re: LT Governor [Re: Jimbo1] #7600463 09/07/19 04:47 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Beginning of the end of Texas as we know it. If the State mandates using a FFL for every transaction, it should at least be free since "its in the public interest."

I suggest that it be done by the local sheriff's office, they have access to the data bases. They are there to "Serve and Protect" the public.

[Linked Image]
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600465 09/07/19 04:50 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
And you know ammo sales will be next!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LT Governor [Re: Jimbo1] #7600472 09/07/19 04:54 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

If they do it, they darn well better exempt LTC holders since the feds have already determined that is sufficient to avoid an FFL background check. Then waive the fee to get an LTC. Then they can go a step further than the feds and exempt active LEO's since we already go through a much more thorough background check and ongoing criminal history checks.
I don't like this route, but there are ways to take some of the bitter taste away if they are going to do it anyway.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600474 09/07/19 04:55 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sheriffs are politicians, so that is a bad idea.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600479 09/07/19 05:00 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I could live with a few changes mentioned above.

But again, the idiot libs WANT IT ALL. They don't want compromise. They want total disarmament with buy backs and turn ins, which we all know will lead to Anarchy.

I do agree many criminals buy their buys ( when not stealing them) at gun shows (parking lots) and from individuals they dont know. Also from gun stores which dont care who they sell to.

again, the ones punished will be "US"

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: LT Governor [Re: Grizz] #7600486 09/07/19 05:06 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Grizz

If they do it, they darn well better exempt LTC holders since the feds have already determined that is sufficient to avoid an FFL background check. Then waive the fee to get an LTC. Then they can go a step further than the feds and exempt active LEO's since we already go through a much more thorough background check and ongoing criminal history checks.
I don't like this route, but there are ways to take some of the bitter taste away if they are going to do it anyway.

And I have an active National Security clearance that's much more stringent than just checking NCIC...that should count as something in the mix.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600494 09/07/19 05:14 PM
D
Dalee7892 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
I believe I could live with the background checks from individual to individual. The thing I'm worried about is that they get need then another and another.
What will be next?

Re: LT Governor [Re: Mike W] #7600497 09/07/19 05:16 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mike W

So a gun store FFL that for $20 they might just sell their soul to you, or as Buzzsaw said, they don't care who they sell to. The FBI Is out, they are part of the swamp, the sheriff's office is political, so they can't be trusted, the local police department is controlled by the political machine of the city. Looks like we might as well get rid of law enforcement and have vigilante justice,

Like it or not the transfer of weapons between private parties method will be changed, and most likely pretty soon. I am surprised it has taken this long. But it won't stop the mass shootings. Feel good laws are for politicians, Abbot and Patrick will pander to the voters of both sides.

[Linked Image]
Re: LT Governor [Re: dogcatcher] #7600504 09/07/19 05:22 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by Mike W

The FBI Is out, they are part of the swamp, the sheriff's office is political, so they can't be trusted, the local police department is controlled by the political machine of the city. Looks like we might as well get rid of law enforcement and have vigilante justice,

What's worse? Anarchy or a totally corrupt system? Tough question..

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
So a gun store FFL that for $20 they might just sell their soul to you, or as Buzzsaw said, they don't care who they sell to.

Personally, I think any business that goes through the rigors of getting a FFL is more trustworthy that a bunch of politicians and bureaucrats. I don't find buzzsaw to be a credible source.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600548 09/07/19 06:17 PM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So many of y'all caving to this. "I wouldn't mind if......."

No, No and Hell No!!! No camels nose under the tent.

Not even a little bit!!!

Make America Great Again

Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600559 09/07/19 06:35 PM
T
tskin Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
T
Side door for knowing who has guns.....that is part most damning in long run.

Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600577 09/07/19 06:48 PM
O
oldrancher Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
All of us law abiding citizens will follow the new rules when the infinite wisdom of our lawmakers make the new laws. The criminals will, as always, not follow the laws or rules. No change for them. Business as usual for them. Just us, law abiding citizens will be put through the hoops. You cannot legislate CRAZY or what's in a persons mind to commit harm to another individual. You cannot "see or predict" what an individual will do at any given time or what the trigger will be for them to snap. In hindsight, on every incident there were "signs" but how many people are there that have "signs" but never do anything. There is no perfect answer to stop any of the mass shootings or crime in general. There are agendas promising answers but the end result will have not have an impact on crime or mass killings. Even if all guns are removed from society, mass killings will continue with another tool. Society has changed. Pandora's Box has been opened and it is not pretty.

Re: LT Governor [Re: oldrancher] #7600582 09/07/19 06:59 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by oldrancher
All of us law abiding citizens will follow the new rules when the infinite wisdom of our lawmakers make the new laws. The criminals will, as always, not follow the laws or rules. No change for them. Business as usual for them. Just us, law abiding citizens will be put through the hoops. You cannot legislate CRAZY or what's in a persons mind to commit harm to another individual. You cannot "see or predict" what an individual will do at any given time or what the trigger will be for them to snap. In hindsight, on every incident there were "signs" but how many people are there that have "signs" but never do anything. There is no perfect answer to stop any of the mass shootings or crime in general. There are agendas promising answers but the end result will have not have an impact on crime or mass killings. Even if all guns are removed from society, mass killings will continue with another tool. Society has changed. Pandora's Box has been opened and it is not pretty.

Probably the best articulated response there is.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LT Governor [Re: oldrancher] #7600584 09/07/19 07:00 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by oldrancher

You saved me a lot of typing. Thanks. up

[Linked Image]
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7600589 09/07/19 07:10 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There's only 1 who can stop all of this craziness.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: LT Governor [Re: TCM3] #7600634 09/07/19 08:11 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by TCM3

yep and i believe he's getting fed-up with all of this chit

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: LT Governor [Re: CharlieCTx] #7600855 09/08/19 12:13 AM
C
Cool Mo D Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
The Odessa idiot provided an undeniable fact.... He was denied a purchase when a background check was done (I believe that's how we want "the system" to work) yet he was able to get one via a private sale with no background check and do what he did.

I've had to use an FFL for (4) items I didn't buy in a retail store (internet rifle/pistol and 2 cans), I didn't see it as a great imposition on my life or rights to have to do so.

Society today isn't the 20th century and it's not going to return to the way things were, so we unfortunately have to change with it.

Shaking our fist at the sky and sending thoughts and prayers after an event isn't working, sending everyone to an FFL/background check for a sale/transfer is a good first step that in no way impedes our 2A rights and/or what we can own.

Not THE answer, I'd prefer not to, but maybe it stops an event where we or a family member happen to be present.

Charlie

A good first step you say. Seems I have heard that before.

Re: LT Governor [Re: Cool Mo D] #7600864 09/08/19 12:24 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Cool Mo D

A good first step you say. Seems I have heard that before.

Please, elaborate.

Charlie

Re: LT Governor [Re: Buzzsaw] #7600998 09/08/19 03:18 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by TCM3

yep and i believe he's getting fed-up with all of this chit

up
I'm sure He is.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide