Forums46
Topics538,088
Posts9,732,827
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Excellent Read about the "good old days" [Re: txtrophy85] #7613839 09/23/19 04:02 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Originally Posted by don k
I got to thinking about what else has changed about hunting from years ago. What came to mind was what folks did with their Deer once it was shot. Seems to me that more people back years ago did their own processing. Whether it was getting together with others or at their home. How it seems like most take it to a processor. The excuse I hear most is "I don't have the time". Yet there was the time to hunt or watch TV. But it does seem that the dead Deer now are taken better care of after the hunt than from years past. I can remember seeing all the Deer tied to the front fender or laying in the back of a pickup coming back from hunting trips. Now it seems that most are at least in a ice chest or at least out of the hot sun.

I can't ever remember seeing anyone suggesting a way to prepare and cook venison on any of the many hunting shows, much less a comment about how much meat is on a deer once they find it. The camera and attention always goes straight to the antlers.

that's because you are watching a hunting show and not a cooking show.

but several shows have featured episodes on preparing and cooking wild game. Meat Eater series has had several episodes on how to care for and prepare wild game

Steven Rinella and company are restoring my faith in my fellow man when it comes to hunting and fishing. He, his group, and the folks he associates with are intelligent, thoughtful, innovative, and entertaining - all at the same time.

The tide is turning away from the same-ol’-same-ol’ conveyor belt shows of “see deer/kill deer”. HF and LR hunting is being called out for what it is also, and declining fast as a result.

Many of the newest generation of hunting enthusiasts are turning their eyes to the future of hunting and meeting the challenges head on.

It’s good to see.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Excellent Read about the "good old days" [Re: txtrophy85] #7613916 09/23/19 05:25 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
agh, d "Good old day's

as pappy once said :
" Hunting - What once was the price of Gov. food stamps has become a Richmans sport..."
just my 2cents

83 twas passing threw texas as ya'll say's its a big state rofl took 30+ years...
Every one was leasing.. twas low-income worker, had place ta deer hunt.. We did the camping (tent) ever since kids were in diapers...
Twas a one deer county buck only- we tried ta get 1 doe tag... told not enough deer...
So when heard about hogs on a lease, (the other wild game) got on first deer lease... Family outing-camping & chance ta put food on d grill...
Seen & heard the debates way B4 signing on to texasHF... The more money ya had the more the more freedom ya had... Leaseing wise...
Twas a True Blessing whin a WMA opened up 4 hunting just down the road.. Got off the rising prices of lease hunting..
& when it finaly went ta a 4 deer county confused2 twas doing the hog hunts just south of house were had me deer set up down by the creek...
Still took me bow in hand & took a stand down at the WMA 4 me deer hunts...
Still did the hog hunts, never had hog problems, during the Jan-end of March hunts at WMA... One of me favorite hunts twas when
took me ol pard Kentucky .45 me first deer rifle & took a hog... Had posted a pic of hunt in the Public hunt section..
Agh d good ol days...
Things have changed here also... Use me trail cams - Not ta aid in me hunts.. "Thats what the deer were doing..." But rather i enjoy the pic's of wild life...
Use cross-bow instead of me PSE bow, Not been able ta draw back even me first bow (60#) even with it turned down... My Front stuffers tis still in texas
So looked around 4 a .45 in-line couldn't find one so went with .50 cal.. it kick like mule & too rough on shoulders..
Miss me ol pard Kentucky .45 & back ta the TRUE "Good ol Days"

i still got cheap posts...

Keep your head held high & your powder dry...
pappy

edit pardon d read, it might not b as preddy as the one in OP bang truely did get a D- in grammer..
flag

Last edited by colt.45; 09/23/19 05:59 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: Excellent Read about the "good old days" [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7614161 09/23/19 09:28 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

Steven Rinella and company are restoring my faith in my fellow man when it comes to hunting and fishing. He, his group, and the folks he associates with are intelligent, thoughtful, innovative, and entertaining - all at the same time.

The tide is turning away from the same-ol’-same-ol’ conveyor belt shows of “see deer/kill deer”. HF and LR hunting is being called out for what it is also, and declining fast as a result.

Many of the newest generation of hunting enthusiasts are turning their eyes to the future of hunting and meeting the challenges head on.

It’s good to see.

I love the Meat Eater series. imo Steve Rinella will go down in the annals of history as a great conservationist and fore thinker.

its about the only hunting show I can stand to watch anymore. I listen to his podcasts and believe his thoughts align with 90% of the hunting world.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide