Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Crazy neighbor - scary #7555583 07/13/19 11:39 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I have this neighbor that has medical issues. He has early onset Alzheimer’s and is bipolar. He’s been coming over for a year or so, about once a week, for what we call “cough medicine”. It’s actually Wild Turkey and water. So, things have been going fine. He’ll have one glass of cough medicine, we laugh a bit and he goes home. I haven’t seen him in a month or so, and I’ve been wondering if he’s Ok, and why he hasn’t come over. We had company over this afternoon, and he showed up and wanted to talk to me outside. I went out on the carport with him and he was crazy eyed and accusing me of saying insulting things about him. I thought he was going to attack me, though he’s old and fat and not at all scary, other than crazy. I thought we’d have cough medicine, but he had a screaming session. I tried to talk sense, but he just kept shouting me down and making very little sense at all.

I was totally shocked.

I’ve heard that folks with Alzheimer’s/dementia can get wild and hostile. Never seen it up close though. What if he gets really dangerous. Any suggestions.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555587 07/13/19 11:44 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Look up “sundowning”. It’ll help explain a little bit. Tomorrow morning go knock on his door and check on him. He might be in a better state of mind then. If he becomes a danger to himself or to others, call for an ambulance to check him out unless he has weapons. If that’s the case, call the cops first.

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555599 07/14/19 12:01 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by 603Country
I have this neighbor that has medical issues. He has early onset Alzheimer’s and is bipolar. He’s been coming over for a year or so, about once a week, for what we call “cough medicine”. It’s actually Wild Turkey and water. So, things have been going fine. He’ll have one glass of cough medicine, we laugh a bit and he goes home. I haven’t seen him in a month or so, and I’ve been wondering if he’s Ok, and why he hasn’t come over. We had company over this afternoon, and he showed up and wanted to talk to me outside. I went out on the carport with him and he was crazy eyed and accusing me of saying insulting things about him. I thought he was going to attack me, though he’s old and fat and not at all scary, other than crazy. I thought we’d have cough medicine, but he had a screaming session. I tried to talk sense, but he just kept shouting me down and making very little sense at all.

I was totally shocked.

I’ve heard that folks with Alzheimer’s/dementia can get wild and hostile. Never seen it up close though. What if he gets really dangerous. Any suggestions.

I know exactly what you are talking about.
I know a guy at the golf course that has the exact same symptoms.
When i decided to block his text, he went ballistic, accusing me of bad mouthing him, etc...
The dude has gone nuts and stalking me on the parking lot, waiting for me to show up while drinking his 6 pack in his car. He is an alcoholic, just got his first dwi and is bipolar big time.
Last time he was faking pain during a phone call to the doctor, begging for opioids.
He is taking opioids, anti depressants, and drinks 4 times a week heavy.
One day i took him to my friend, he asked to stop to buy a bottle of wodka.
He drank the entire bottle there and passed out. I ordered food for him and got a lil better.
He is no longer welcome at my friends ranch.
The dude has extreme and volatile mood swings, its scary.
At the deer camp he was yelling in his sleep for hours. It was f weird

I dont feel sorry for him. F him.

I told him he has a problem, but he doesn't think so.

https://www.ashwoodrecovery.com/blog/link-anger-alcoholism/

Last edited by beaversnipe; 07/14/19 12:10 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555603 07/14/19 12:09 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
His condition will not improve. Just go downhill each day.
Maybe call or text him instead.

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555608 07/14/19 12:13 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I would strongly advise you to cut all ties with him and install outside cameras asap.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555613 07/14/19 12:16 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
First he is not crazy he has a broken brain, his brain is dying a little at a time and therefore the connections in his brain is scrambled. Since his brain is broken you can not reason with him. There is a large learning curve with Alzheimer’s and it has taken me time and I still get it wrong at times and it is my fault. What you need to do is stay calm, talk softly don’t raise your voice, and agree with him no matter how wrong he is. In his world you are wrong and you can’t change that and the good thing is most likely he will forget this ever happened. You say he is old and fat but you would be surprised the strength he may have once again his brain is broken and therefore when he is in a state like this his fear can give him more strength than you think.

Does he have a wife or caregiver that he lives with? Alzheimer’s does not get better it only gets worse. If things ever get real heated call the police but please tell them that he has Alzheimer’s so they are aware of the mental state. Please also remember that the things that he does or say is not because he is trying to give you a hard time it is because he is having a hard time. If he has a caregiver check on them see if there is anything that you can do or they need or just talk with them. I would rather deal with any other disease than this this is a lonely, and horrendous disease with only one out come that can take years to come to an end.

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: beaversnipe] #7555615 07/14/19 12:18 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
I would strongly advise you to cut all ties with him and install outside cameras asap.

WHAT A STUPID STATEMENT! But I expect nothing but that from you.

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555617 07/14/19 12:19 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Had a neighbor like that. He'd start yelling at me telling me he was gonna kill me etc. I wouldn't even look up at him, just pretended I did not hear him. He was so old he could barely walk. His daughter got him put in a home eventually.

Last edited by ducknbass; 07/14/19 01:09 AM.
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: Lakhota] #7555619 07/14/19 12:23 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Lakhota

Its not stupid at all. Your safety comes first. He is just a neighbor, not a family member. Read the title one more time.
Perhaps not cutting ties, since that might enrage him more, but definitely installing a camera for your OWN protection, not his.

Alzheimer is a horrible disease, i had many family members with it.

I was referring to my buddy who went crazy and angry due to years of heavy drinking. He did it to himself.

What is alcoholic dementia?
Researchers study alcohol's link to Alzheimer's. ... Long-term alcoholism can also shrink the brain and lead to dementia. For example, some of the heaviest drinkers develop a form of brain damage called Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. People with this syndrome suffer a severe loss of short-term memory.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 07/14/19 12:30 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: beaversnipe] #7555628 07/14/19 12:31 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S

Its not stupid at all. Your safety comes first. He is just a neighbor, not a family member. Read the title one more time.
Perhaps not cutting ties, since that might enrage him more, but definitely installing a camera for your OWN protection, not his.

And exactly how does a camera provide protection from someone?

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: SapperTitan] #7555634 07/14/19 12:37 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SapperTitan

And exactly how does a camera provide protection from someone?

They assist with the police investigation figuring out who killed you....wait, what was the question again....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555636 07/14/19 12:38 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Perhaps evidence is a more appropriate word.
Pardon my french

At the golf-course I park under the camera and i let him know to stay away from my car as he dropped two crazy written notes on my windshield after i blocked his texts. After that, he no longer drops notes on my car, but hands notes to the Cart girls. The dude is 60 and acts like a teenager.

I need to install a mailbox at the golf course.
The text i got last month were crazy.
He threatened me that if i don't answer his text, i WILL regret it.
I kept all evidence of 6 text, and 3 notes and told him i will go to the cops if he keeps f me up.

He will regret it

Cameras wont stop anything, but its a good thing to have when you have a neighbor on edge.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 07/14/19 12:44 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555637 07/14/19 12:39 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
He probably won’t be there much longer. Pay attention to his navigating habits, around his house. If you start to see a repetitive cycle of an exact path, call someone to intervene. At that point, they’re already past being a danger to themselves or anyone else in the house. Couple that with the ability to remain combative, it’s a scary situation.

And cameras ain’t going to stop anything Sapper. You are right

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: beaversnipe] #7555644 07/14/19 12:45 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Pardon my french

At the golf-course I park under the camera and i let him know to stay away from my car as he dropped two crazy written notes on my windshield after i blocked his texts. After that, he no longer drops notes on my car, but hands notes to the Cart girls. The dude is 60 and acts like a teenager.

I kept all evidence of 6 text, and 3 notes and told him i will go to the cops if he keeps f me up.

He will regret it

Cameras wont stop anything, but its a good thing to have when you have a neighbor on edge.

Sounds like you have a stalker.

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555646 07/14/19 12:46 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
pretty much

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: beaversnipe] #7555659 07/14/19 01:21 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L

Alzheimer is a horrible disease, i had many family members with it.

I was referring to my buddy who went crazy and angry due to years of heavy drinking. He did it to himself.

What is alcoholic dementia?
Researchers study alcohol's link to Alzheimer's. ... Long-term alcoholism can also shrink the brain and lead to dementia. For example, some of the heaviest drinkers develop a form of brain damage called Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. People with this syndrome suffer a severe loss of short-term memory.

I will agree with you that your own safety comes first weather it is a neighbor or family. You can not help someone if you are not safe. As far as reading the title again I don’t have to because I read it the first time and then read the whole body of his thread and his second sentence stated “Early onset Alzheimer’s and bipolar”’ then that he would come over for cough medicine ie a drink.

The person has two strikes against him with the EO Alzheimer’s and being bipolar and the drinking will not help with the either of those or and dementia if it is in excess.

I am fairly certain that if you look at that study I’m sure you will see the key word is MAY have a link to Alzheimer’s.

If you want to talk about your BUDDY that is bipolar then start a thread about that. You offered no useful information or suggestions as usual.

Any way enough with you and back to giving sound advice and suggestions to the OP.

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: Roll-Tide] #7555668 07/14/19 01:32 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Pardon my french

He will regret it

Sounds like you have a stalker.

Is his name Jeremy?

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: Roll-Tide] #7555674 07/14/19 01:36 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
His condition will not improve. Just go downhill each day.
Maybe call or text him instead.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: Lakhota] #7555675 07/14/19 01:38 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
First he is not crazy he has a broken brain, his brain is dying a little at a time and therefore the connections in his brain is scrambled. Since his brain is broken you can not reason with him. There is a large learning curve with Alzheimer’s and it has taken me time and I still get it wrong at times and it is my fault. What you need to do is stay calm, talk softly don’t raise your voice, and agree with him no matter how wrong he is. In his world you are wrong and you can’t change that and the good thing is most likely he will forget this ever happened. You say he is old and fat but you would be surprised the strength he may have once again his brain is broken and therefore when he is in a state like this his fear can give him more strength than you think.

Does he have a wife or caregiver that he lives with? Alzheimer’s does not get better it only gets worse. If things ever get real heated call the police but please tell them that he has Alzheimer’s so they are aware of the mental state. Please also remember that the things that he does or say is not because he is trying to give you a hard time it is because he is having a hard time. If he has a caregiver check on them see if there is anything that you can do or they need or just talk with them. I would rather deal with any other disease than this this is a lonely, and horrendous disease with only one out come that can take years to come to an end.

This exactly. We pretty much ignore mental issues. It is beyond sad.

However, in today’s world anything can happen. As I tell my son. Some decisions you only get one shot at making the right call. Some decisions can change your life or the life of others. Your family is the first concern. Do whatever you can and feel safe doing. Realize today any and all reactions are possible.

Proverbs 2
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555680 07/14/19 01:43 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Txhogslayer, I honestly saw that coming from judd!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: beaversnipe] #7555688 07/14/19 01:55 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Pardon my french

He will regret it

Yet another reason I don't play golf - crazy-azz old geezers with self-esteem issues. Alzheimer's/dementia only makes it ten times worse.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555693 07/14/19 02:07 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Listen to Lakhota, not Beav. And stop giving the guy drinks. Help as you can from an arm’s length. It’s tough to go through and it’s tough to watch happen, but your safety is priority one. His family should be helping him. If he has no family, he still isn’t your responsibility.

I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: beaversnipe] #7555695 07/14/19 02:08 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Respectfully, cameras are not going to stop him from burying a claw hammer in the back of someone's skull. Call 911.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555713 07/14/19 02:24 AM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Sooooo.... you have a person with a mental issue, and you give them alcohol to further alter their mind set? Just stating the obvious here.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Crazy neighbor - scary [Re: 603Country] #7555726 07/14/19 02:40 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Well, it would be ignorant to not have a .45 acp handy from here on out

He’s got issues, be prepared. But being prepared is always good