Online Content
Pro Tracker
And then there is the authoritative position: bolt

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385961 12/24/18 06:53 PM
Adchunts Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
All a matter of personal preference, as noted several times above.

I’ve been shooting Glocks since the G19 was first introduced in the US. Have shot many, many handguns over the years, including Sigs and high end (full custom) 1911s. Still carrying a G19 (albeit a Gen 5). Never claimed Glock had a superior trigger, or a superior anything for that matter. But...it fits my hand, goes bang ever time, and the bullets go where I want. Is there something else I should be looking for in a pistol??

As an aside, an old buddy of mine can shoot circles around me regardless of weapon. He is a retired military weapons/CQC instructor. Had a new SP101 snubbie at the range one day and handed it to him with full-power .357 Mag loads. He put all five shots in the bull @ 15 yards, shooting rapid double-action. That revolver had an atrocious double-action trigger. Saw him do the same thing with many different weapons. It ain’t the gun, it’s the guy (or gal) behind the trigger.

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: glb1955] #7385981 12/24/18 07:24 PM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by glb1955
It's called a Slide Stop Lever and Mr. Glock did not intend it to be used to release the slide. Just like he did not intend for the original 9mm mags to just drop from the mag well (which he changed because L/E was use to mags dropping when the mag release was engaged). The extended Slide Stop Lever was introduced at the request of some competition shooters that use it to allow the slide to get back into battery. And while there might be a .5 second difference trying to get one of your small muscles to engage the Slide Stop Lever might be difficult in a stressful situation (use your imagination) meaning that it might take a bit to find it and engage it (meaning you take your eyes off of the target which might end up costing you). Paper doesn't shoot back at you.

Merry Christimas

I don't need to use my imagination. Most people do not understand the type of training my kind goes through in the beginning, and continued education for a full career. Hot, dark, zero visibility, and you have a malfunction or are almost running out of air. Well, you had better fix it, or run off your partner's pack, and borrow some of his air. Take that same level of consciousness, and for years release the slide on a pistol with the slide release, it becomes what is called "unconscious competence". In other words, muscle memory. Jerry Miculek showed is all about it with his world record 6 rounds, speed clip, 6 rounds in sub 3 seconds, with a dang revolver! He knows all about muscle memory.

I added a $15 part to a pretty darned proven pistol design, and some around here are making it into a damn debate. Shocker!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7386130 12/24/18 11:12 PM
G
glb1955 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by glb1955
It's called a Slide Stop Lever and Mr. Glock did not intend it to be used to release the slide. Just like he did not intend for the original 9mm mags to just drop from the mag well (which he changed because L/E was use to mags dropping when the mag release was engaged). The extended Slide Stop Lever was introduced at the request of some competition shooters that use it to allow the slide to get back into battery. And while there might be a .5 second difference trying to get one of your small muscles to engage the Slide Stop Lever might be difficult in a stressful situation (use your imagination) meaning that it might take a bit to find it and engage it (meaning you take your eyes off of the target which might end up costing you). Paper doesn't shoot back at you.

Merry Christimas

I don't need to use my imagination. Most people do not understand the type of training my kind goes through in the beginning, and continued education for a full career. Hot, dark, zero visibility, and you have a malfunction or are almost running out of air. Well, you had better fix it, or run off your partner's pack, and borrow some of his air. Take that same level of consciousness, and for years release the slide on a pistol with the slide release, it becomes what is called "unconscious competence". In other words, muscle memory. Jerry Miculek showed is all about it with his world record 6 rounds, speed clip, 6 rounds in sub 3 seconds, with a dang revolver! He knows all about muscle memory.

I added a $15 part to a pretty darned proven pistol design, and some around here are making it into a damn debate. Shocker!

You paid $15.00??? Jerry Miculek is good. He is the epitome of 'maximum quickness' which is attained by practice, practice and practice (yes, muscle memory). And yes, I saw your original post, and understood just what you mean. Just wanted to throw some STUFF in and added to the damn debate. I have been carrying the Glock since 1986 and have been teaching it for just about as long. My goal is to keep my officers (and now some Fire Fighters whom are part of SWAT and considered operators) alive. I am sure you train hard Jason, and that is great. My instruction, which included reloads and malfunction drills to mention a couple, is intended to keep folks alive. Been working so far. Also, remember. It's a Stock Tank, not a pond...

g

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: glb1955] #7386134 12/24/18 11:23 PM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I do not doubt your expertise.

I see nothing wrong with having TWO options for getting a pistol running again, after a mag change.

Being a lefty, I have to adapt on the AR platform as well, and it has been working for me.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7447867 03/01/19 11:12 PM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

I just bought a Glock 45 and I have a Glock 41 on the way. Anyone who bashes Glock is an ingnant. They started polymer striker fired pistol revolution that everything is based on. They are used by a military and police and they should be the M17 because Sig Polymer Pistols are crap!

There I said, and yes, I just had a whisky so I'm ready to rumble!

I'll make Buzz my whipping boy if he dares to insult Glock again.

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7447922 03/02/19 01:06 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Glock fanboys are the worst fanboys.

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: Tactical Cowboy] #7447944 03/02/19 01:47 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy

The worst are Creedmoor fanboys. whip

Last edited by scottfromdallas; 03/02/19 01:49 AM.

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: scottfromdallas] #7447953 03/02/19 02:00 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Glock created the original fanboy. roflmao

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: Tactical Cowboy] #7447956 03/02/19 02:03 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity

Glock created the original fanboy. roflmao

People like things that work.

Oh the horror!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7447962 03/02/19 02:17 AM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
I like Glocks.

Why people hate Glocks:

1. People hate it when a gun that costs under 600 bucks brand new is more reliable than their $3000 custom built 1911, and runs out of the box on any kind of ammo without having to have anything tuned or adjusted.

2. People hate it when a Glock is tortured tested by every means possible, including dropping from a helicopter and being thrown up against a cinder block wall repeatedly with a spring loaded skeet thrower, and it still runs.

3. Gunsmiths hate the Glock because they won't make any money off of it, because the average person can do most if not all of the trigger and sight work at his kitchen table with a minimum of tools and labor.

4. People hate the Glock because they can never practice live fire malfunction drills like they do on a regular basis with the 1911.

5. Range officers hate the Glock because it gives them no job security, because when a department is equipped with the Glock they get to leave early because everybody qualified with no malfunctions. They also hate the Glock because you can give the average rookie a Glock and about five minutes of instruction and they will shoot a passing score.

A gun you trust your life to has to run, period. Glocks do that for me.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: LeonCarr] #7447965 03/02/19 02:27 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
I like Glocks.

Why people hate Glocks:

1. People hate it when a gun that costs under 600 bucks brand new is more reliable than their $3000 custom built 1911, and runs out of the box on any kind of ammo without having to have anything tuned or adjusted.

2. People hate it when a Glock is tortured tested by every means possible, including dropping from a helicopter and being thrown up against a cinder block wall repeatedly with a spring loaded skeet thrower, and it still runs.

3. Gunsmiths hate the Glock because they won't make any money off of it, because the average person can do most if not all of the trigger and sight work at his kitchen table with a minimum of tools and labor.

4. People hate the Glock because they can never practice live fire malfunction drills like they do on a regular basis with the 1911.

5. Range officers hate the Glock because it gives them no job security, because when a department is equipped with the Glock they get to leave early because everybody qualified with no malfunctions. They also hate the Glock because you can give the average rookie a Glock and about five minutes of instruction and they will shoot a passing score.

A gun you trust your life to has to run, period. Glocks do that for me.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Right, because when was the last time you threw your pistol off a roof or into a brick wall with a skeet chunker?

Glock triggers suck the donkey

Plenty of gunsmiths make a lot of money on Glocks, because people are scared to put in a $12 spring kit, or want fancy stippling.

And lastly, hold on to something solid now: GLOCKS DO JAM.

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: Tactical Cowboy] #7447981 03/02/19 03:06 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: scottfromdallas] #7447982 03/02/19 03:11 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

[Linked Image]

https://youtu.be/JRMp4MRGZDk

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7448034 03/02/19 04:53 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
This is bonkers. I’ve never owned a Glock, and I likely never will. I have my reasons, but I’ve shot plenty, and I’ve seen the evidence. They’re about as solid as a gun gets.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide