Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385576 12/24/18 03:25 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by KRoyal
That is all personal preference and doesn't make one mo betta than the other. I personally like Glock grip angle. Their factory trigger isn't that bad to me. Also i get a poly gun to carry to point and shoot. If i wanted to carry cocked and locked I'd just use my 1911 or a CZ 75 variant.

Who considers a crappier trigger a good thing, how is that personal preference? Have you ever went, "man this trigger is too good, I mean, i like this pistol but i really wish the trigger was way gritter, longer and heavier", cause if so you are the only one LOL

Also most people consider more ambi better than not. I would have to ask if you have ever tried a walther trigger, cause there is no question which is better. The p09 is a CZ 75 variant, so you can point and shoot or go cocked and locked, you actually have options, and more bullets in a factory configuration. The grip is purely subjective, but since basically glock and luger have the luger grip angle and basically all other pistols have a 1911ish grip angle some people seem to perfer the 1911ish angle.

You asked for companies that far surpassed gock, and i gave you some that surpassed them, I even said far surpassing was a stretch,

Last edited by RJH1; 12/24/18 03:34 AM.
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: KRoyal] #7385577 12/24/18 03:26 AM
H
howl Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted by howl
While Glock was a big innovation way back when, the design has been far surpassed by other companies. It's like complaining an 1858 Remington not being centerfire. Get a modern pistol and get on with your life.

LMAO your post should have said Glock has been copied by other companies. Glock is still the gold standard when it comes to poly frame pistols. Please elaborate on which company that copied them has far surpassed them. Thanks

You're kidding, right? Glock making a polymer frame pistol work and run as reliably dirty as it does was amazing. That was decades ago. Practically all the other major players make a better pistol now. If you want a suggestion, go pick up a PPQ. If you don't realize how much better that pistol is than anything Glock ever made, then there's nothing anyone can type on the internet that can help you.

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: howl] #7385581 12/24/18 03:29 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
While Glock was a big innovation way back when, the design has been far surpassed by other companies. It's like complaining an 1858 Remington not being centerfire. Get a modern pistol and get on with your life.

LMAO your post should have said Glock has been copied by other companies. Glock is still the gold standard when it comes to poly frame pistols. Please elaborate on which company that copied them has far surpassed them. Thanks

You're kidding, right? Glock making a polymer frame pistol work and run as reliably dirty as it does was amazing. That was decades ago. Practically all the other major players make a better pistol now. If you want a suggestion, go pick up a PPQ. If you don't realize how much better that pistol is than anything Glock ever made, then there's nothing anyone can type on the internet that can help you.

SO much truth in this post

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: RJH1] #7385589 12/24/18 03:38 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by RJH1
That is all personal preference and doesn't make one mo betta than the other. I personally like Glock grip angle. Their factory trigger isn't that bad to me. Also i get a poly gun to carry to point and shoot. If i wanted to carry cocked and locked I'd just use my 1911 or a CZ 75 variant.

Who considers a crappier trigger a good thing, how is that personal preference? Have you ever went, "man this trigger is too good, I mean, i like this pistol but i really wish the trigger was way gritter, longer and heavier", cause if so you are the only one LOL

Also most people consider more ambi better than not. I would have to ask if you have ever tried a walther trigger, cause there is no question which is better. The p07 is a CZ 75 variant, so you can point and shoot or go cocked and locked, you actually have options, and more bullets in a factory configuration. The grip is purely subjective, but since basically glock and luger have the luger grip angle and basically all other pistols have a 1911ish grip angle some people seem to perfer the 1911ish angle.

You asked for companies that far surpassed gock, and i gave you some that surpassed them, I even said far surpassing was a stretch,

Never said the glock had an awesome 1911 trigger. Just saying the factory trigger in a Glock for carry isn't that bad. Yes for my G34 competition gun I've changed the trigger.

I have never tried the walther trigger. You know i meant a true CZ75 variant as in metal framed. If i were to get a CZ 75 variant the poly version wouldn't even be on the list of possibility. I don't need options when carrying. I don't want an external safety or decocker. I want to point and shoot without thinking. Don't want to worry if im in DA mode or if I'm cocked and locked. Just not for me to each their own.

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: howl] #7385597 12/24/18 03:50 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

There is a reason why Glocks are the primary service weapons in over 48 countries, because they're the best. Let me know when the PPQ accomplishes that. Don't bother it won't just because it has a little lighter trigger and some ambi controls.

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385601 12/24/18 03:53 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Glocks suck...

[Linked Image]
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: howl] #7385603 12/24/18 03:56 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity

Can you produce as many torture test passes, with other brands, as Glock has achieved?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: howl] #7385604 12/24/18 03:56 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

The problem with the word "better" is that people constantly wield it online like a weapon. In these types of conversations, better is almost always directly connected to a person's personal preferences. A PPQ may be better than a Glock based on what you like in a pistol, but it may not be based on what I want in a self defense/duty pistol. I like a lighter, smoother trigger as much as the next guy, but that's not the only thing I consider in a self defense/duty pistol. I also consider how it fits my hand, reliability, mag capacity, simplicity of design and maintenance, availability of different types of holsters, etc. (I'm sure you get the picture). The fact you say one pistol is "better" than another doesn't make it so, just like me saying the same doesn't make it so. "Better" doesn't mean the same thing to everyone, but it is tossed around as an absolute all the time.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: Grizz] #7385607 12/24/18 04:00 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Grizz

The problem with the word "better" is that people constantly wield it online like a weapon. In these types of conversations, better is almost always directly connected to a person's personal preferences. A PPQ may be better than a Glock based on what you like in a pistol, but it may not be based on what I want in a self defense/duty pistol. I like a lighter, smoother trigger as much as the next guy, but that's not the only thing I consider in a self defense/duty pistol. I also consider how it fits my hand, reliability, mag capacity, simplicity of design and maintenance, availability of different types of holsters, etc. (I'm sure you get the picture). The fact you say one pistol is "better" than another doesn't make it so, just like me saying the same doesn't make it so. "Better" doesn't mean the same thing to everyone, but it is tossed around as an absolute all the time.

Exactly like my first post before the blew up. Its all personal preference of what makes a gun the "best" to them.

Regardless Glock is the best poly frame pistol with lots of torture test, duty time, and civilian use to back it up. stir

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: KRoyal] #7385609 12/24/18 04:01 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R

There is a reason why Glocks are the primary service weapons in over 48 countries, because they're the best. Let me know when the PPQ accomplishes that. Don't bother it won't just because it has a little lighter trigger and some ambi controls.

DId they win the US army contract? haha

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385614 12/24/18 04:07 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

The Beretta M9 has been the side arm of the US military since they went away from 1911s. There were many many better options than that gun. Just because the US Military didn't decide on it I wouldn't put much stock in that. Lots of bureaucracy involved in those decisions that has nothing to do with the actual guns. But thanks for an intelligent rebuttal to my points. up

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385616 12/24/18 04:13 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Can you produce as many torture test passes, with other brands, as Glock has achieved?

In time, yes. Obviously glock has an advantage in that dept now cause they have been around longer. However if you think the world stopped turning in 82, you are wrong. Think of all the advancements in every technological and mechanical device there is, do you think polymer pistols really haven't advanced too? i mean other than adding and removing finger grooves.

Think of all the test and wars the 1911 won, but just like the glock past it by, the glock HAS been improved upon by many other companies. They are still fine guns but are not the top of the heap any longer.

Improvements made by other companies include: much better triggers, better sights, ergonomic improvements, Much better ambidextrous capabilities. They have done all that and matched Glocks reliability, basically all top named guns generally run at about 100% just like a glock.

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385618 12/24/18 04:14 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Sig is better. That is why they got the contract. It is clear as mud Kyle. roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: Bee'z] #7385619 12/24/18 04:16 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Sig is better. That is why they got the contract. It is clear as mud Kyle. roflmao

Shut your face Josh!!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: KRoyal] #7385621 12/24/18 04:21 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R

The Beretta M9 has been the side arm of the US military since they went away from 1911s. There were many many better options than that gun. Just because the US Military didn't decide on it I wouldn't put much stock in that. Lots of bureaucracy involved in those decisions that has nothing to do with the actual guns. But thanks for an intelligent rebuttal to my points. up

It is funny when you say that bureaucratic reasons are the reasons guns get picked by the govt, right after pointing out that glocks are picked by govts. Typical contradictory fanboyism.

Last edited by RJH1; 12/24/18 04:23 AM.
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385624 12/24/18 04:25 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity

In time, yes. Obviously glock has an advantage in that dept now cause they have been around longer. However if you think the world stopped turning in 82, you are wrong. Think of all the advancements in every technological and mechanical device there is, do you think polymer pistols really haven't advanced too? i mean other than adding and removing finger grooves.

Think of all the test and wars the 1911 won, but just like the glock past it by, the glock HAS been improved upon by many other companies. They are still fine guns but are not the top of the heap any longer.

Improvements made by other companies include: much better triggers, better sights, ergonomic improvements, Much better ambidextrous capabilities. They have done all that and matched Glocks reliability, basically all top named guns generally run at about 100% just like a glock.

I have a nice 1911, because I like them.

I have one Glock in 10mm, because I wanted a reliable 10mm to carry while hunting. No doubt I got it, and now it wears an extended slide release.

Please show me where I stated it was the best target, precision shooting, nicest trigger, comfortable, pretty, coolest, latest flavor, best marketed semi-auto pistol on the market. I did not. I did say the extended slide release was a big improvement.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385625 12/24/18 04:26 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Ah you got me, because one country has alot of bureaucracy and would probably buy more of them than most the other countries combined, i guess all the other countries that picked Glocks must have the same. Can't speak for those countries can only speak for our swamp of a government.

Still doesnt negate the fact it is used in over 48 countries for police and military. Exactly which countries use the this PPQ you toute? Sounds like fanboi [censored] to me.

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385630 12/24/18 04:32 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R

I have a nice 1911, because I like them.

I have one Glock in 10mm, because I wanted a reliable 10mm to carry while hunting. No doubt I got it, and now it wears an extended slide release.

Please show me where I stated it was the best target, precision shooting, nicest trigger, comfortable, pretty, coolest, latest flavor, best marketed semi-auto pistol on the market. I did not. I did say the extended slide release was a big improvement.

No , you asked if they have passed as many torture test, I pointed out that in time they would, but if you can have something just as reliable with a bunch of other improvements for the same money, why wouldn't you? Does your glock 10mm run full power 10mm reliably? I seem to remember Chad saying in most cases they don't so he doesn't max out the ammo

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: KRoyal] #7385633 12/24/18 04:38 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Ah you got me, because one country has alot of bureaucracy and would probably buy more of them than most the other countries combined, i guess all the other countries that picked Glocks must have the same. Can't speak for those countries can only speak for our swamp of a government.

Still doesnt negate the fact it is used in over 48 countries for police and military. Exactly which countries use the this PPQ you toute? Sounds like fanboi [censored] to me.

Not a fanboy of any of them, don't own a PPQ, but i have shot them both, have you? I have no idea if they are in any military service anywhere. Also going by what you are saying the SIG really should be the best gun, cause there will probably be more of then in service in the US military than the other 48 combined. And could it be that glocks are in those countries cause glocks sell to the military and police at greatly reduced prices so that people will say "I use a glock just like 48 countries"........

PS I don't hate glocks, they are fine guns but there are guns just as reliable, with improved features

Last edited by RJH1; 12/24/18 04:48 AM.
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385638 12/24/18 04:49 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Omg its like trying to explain simple economics to a democrat. Just because the US government didn't pick the Glock in all it's superior decision making abilities doesn't negate the tried and true performance the Glock has shown for decades in all the other countries. I'm done with this thread.

Jason you did good, you finally bought a Glock and yes the extended mag release makes the gun almost perfect for me as well. Again personal preference.

[Linked Image]

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: KRoyal] #7385641 12/24/18 04:58 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Omg its like trying to explain simple economics to a democrat. Just because the US government didn't pick the Glock in all it's superior decision making abilities doesn't negate the tried and true performance the Glock has shown for decades in all the other countries. I'm done with this thread.

Jason you did good, you finally bought a Glock and yes the extended mag release makes the gun almost perfect for me as well. Again personal preference.

Dude i get your point you are missing mine.

So here you go, I don't care what any govt picks. I have worked and shot hundreds of pistol matches and shot thousands of stages. I have seen thousands, probably tens of thousands of stages shot with all kinds of pistols. While they all choke, glocks included, generally they all work. So you go off you experience and i will go off of mine. If you have shot and witnessed the amount of pistol rounds i have i will defer to your superior knowledge, but when someone talks about how many govts, police, blah, blah uses something i get the feeling they are food court warriors, but maybe i am wrong in your case. I will pick a gun that has proven reliability and the features i like, and use it. That is why i am not a fanboy of any design, but will take an honest look at all of them.

Last edited by RJH1; 12/24/18 05:27 AM.
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: RJH1] #7385645 12/24/18 05:24 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Yes it does. Hotter ammo than you will find in stores, runs just fine.

Kyle, I got my first one in 2001, you?

Sold it, got a 1911, still have that, and wanted a reliable 10mm.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385647 12/24/18 05:30 AM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Yes it does. Hotter ammo than you will find in stores, runs just fine.

Kyle, I got my first one in 2001, you?

Sold it, got a 1911, still have that, and wanted a reliable 10mm.

The buffalo bore type loads works? Like i said, i am just going off of what Chad had posted. I am not a big 10mm guy and have only shot one once or twice

Re: Come on Glock! [Re: Bee'z] #7385660 12/24/18 06:41 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Glocks suck...

They all suck.

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: Come on Glock! [Re: J.G.] #7385682 12/24/18 12:33 PM
G
glb1955 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
It's called a Slide Stop Lever and Mr. Glock did not intend it to be used to release the slide. Just like he did not intend for the original 9mm mags to just drop from the mag well (which he changed because L/E was use to mags dropping when the mag release was engaged). The extended Slide Stop Lever was introduced at the request of some competition shooters that use it to allow the slide to get back into battery. And while there might be a .5 second difference trying to get one of your small muscles to engage the Slide Stop Lever might be difficult in a stressful situation (use your imagination) meaning that it might take a bit to find it and engage it (meaning you take your eyes off of the target which might end up costing you). Paper doesn't shoot back at you.

Merry Christimas

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide