Re: Bump Stocks [Re: skinnerback] #7384157 12/22/18 09:34 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback
This is very disappointing. Turn them in with no compensation for a legally purchased item?? While hillary and company still walks free and laughs in our face.

Exactly.... mad

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Bump Stocks [Re: Grizz] #7384787 12/23/18 02:15 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Grizz
Originally Posted by Greg
Here is a copy of the letter I was referring to.

[Linked Image]

That letter still applies for ATF as far as I know. That just applies to the definition of a machine gun. The bump stocks weren't outlawed because they are considered a machine gun, they were outlawed because the government decided they make the evil black guns more evil. The position of the ATF is still that they don't make a gun a machine gun. This is nothing more than an attempt to throw the left a bone. The problem is they don't want a bone, they want the entire skeleton.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

On December 18, 2018, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 12/23/18 02:18 AM.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bump Stocks [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7384837 12/23/18 03:21 AM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

[Linked Image]

That letter still applies for ATF as far as I know. That just applies to the definition of a machine gun. The bump stocks weren't outlawed because they are considered a machine gun, they were outlawed because the government decided they make the evil black guns more evil. The position of the ATF is still that they don't make a gun a machine gun. This is nothing more than an attempt to throw the left a bone. The problem is they don't want a bone, they want the entire skeleton.

On December 18, 2018, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.

Problem is you are still pulling the trigger each time you fire with a bump stock so if that is the foundation of their argument this will get thrown out immediately.

Re: Bump Stocks [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7384839 12/23/18 03:27 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

[Linked Image]

I stand corrected. That's even worse than I thought if they are saying a bump stock allows multiple rounds to be fired with one trigger pull. That is 100% false and I have to believe it won't stand if challenged correctly.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Bump Stocks [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7397846 01/07/19 05:06 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
Wake up, you don't need a bump stock. You need a semi-auto. Is that the new definition of a machine gun? What's next, RED trucks? More people die from red trucks than any other vehicle.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Bump Stocks [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7397860 01/07/19 05:16 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
It's ok; my 3d printer can make a bump stock better than it can make a lower.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide