Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Creekrunner] #7347709 11/14/18 12:40 AM
S
supersampson12 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I'd say my only rules would be to not ruin someone's hunt, and ask permission to hunt another person's spot.

Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Creekrunner] #7347921 11/14/18 03:39 AM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Friendships are more important than deer. Have respect for fellow hunters equipment and area.

Big Beckett!!
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Creekrunner] #7348255 11/14/18 03:41 PM
F
Fltmedic Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Agree with all that has been said, enjoy the peace and outdoors; do what you can to make it enjoyable for all who are there. Will add if you notice your lease buddies slipping up, knip it in the bud quickly. Lost a few good leases over friends not wanting to conform to rules. If you’re that guy understand you are risking everyone’s ability to hunt when you feel entitled to do as you please. Gonna start looking for new hunting buddies as they are few and far between around my circle.

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Fltmedic] #7348310 11/14/18 04:39 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Fltmedic
Agree with all that has been said, enjoy the peace and outdoors; do what you can to make it enjoyable for all who are there. Will add if you notice your lease buddies slipping up, knip it in the bud quickly. Lost a few good leases over friends not wanting to conform to rules. If you’re that guy understand you are risking everyone’s ability to hunt when you feel entitled to do as you please. Gonna start looking for new hunting buddies as they are few and far between around my circle.

I agree - some hunters do not like rules so they should find a lease with no rules. Others like structure via some rules - but in many cases the rules are made by the land owner and if they are not followed by even one hunter it can endanger the entire lease.

Last but not least - if a hunter agrees to join a lease that has written rules then they should not get on the lease and start changing, ignoring, or breaking rules or complaining about them - just my opinion

You can't fix stupid
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Creekrunner] #7348312 11/14/18 04:40 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I feel very fortunate to hunt our own property now. We all pull our own weight in our own ways, it works and we are happy with it.

Our last lease was mostly family and I feel like it always worked pretty smoothly.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Creekrunner] #7351849 11/18/18 04:19 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I remember someone here on the forum had a screen name......."That Guy"
I thought it was hilarious!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: JCB] #7359764 11/27/18 07:02 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JCB
Firewood is my biggest complaint. Everyone loves a camp fire but few are willing to gather wood. And then when you are not there the wood you pile you up for next time seems to shrink before you get back out there. And of course nobody has any idea what happened to it.

Im a free hearted person but not to the point that I will let someone take advantage of me.
I got tired of it too. I cut a bunch of wood one weekend and posted a sign stating that if you deplete the pile then restock it. Brother and I got in to a pissing match over my sign. I told him that I am tired of doing all the cutting and not having wood if I happen to get there late in the evening.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Creekrunner] #7359796 11/27/18 07:43 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
We hunt between Sheffield and Sanderson. If you don't want to burn cedar stumps, or spend 1/2 a day looking for enough occasional mesquite deadfall, you need to haul your own firewood out. 'Second week of the season I took an old wood rack I'd gotten out of the neighbors trash, some tin to put under it so weeds don't grow up (I'd weedeated the area on the previous trip), an old gas barbeque grill cover that fit perfectly to keep the wood dry, and enough oak to fill it about 2/3rds full. The other guys have taken family out there since then. I know what it's going to look like. I'll have to haul more wood out 'cause my scotch/cigar/stare at the fire ritual is very important to me. (Probably too important. grin )

It's not so much that other folks use stuff. It's that so few folks even say "thanks" anymore. C'est la vie.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Stump_jumper] #7360076 11/27/18 11:18 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
Originally Posted by JCB
Firewood is my biggest complaint. Everyone loves a camp fire but few are willing to gather wood. And then when you are not there the wood you pile you up for next time seems to shrink before you get back out there. And of course nobody has any idea what happened to it.

Im a free hearted person but not to the point that I will let someone take advantage of me.
I got tired of it too. I cut a bunch of wood one weekend and posted a sign stating that if you deplete the pile then restock it. Brother and I got in to a pissing match over my sign. I told him that I am tired of doing all the cutting and not having wood if I happen to get there late in the evening.

I keep wood outside of camp if I don't want others burning it. Then I just grab what I need and when I need it.

Re: Deer lease etiquette [Re: Txduckman] #7360081 11/27/18 11:22 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Txduckman
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
Originally Posted by JCB

I keep wood outside of camp if I don't want others burning it. Then I just grab what I need and when I need it.

See? THIS is why I come on here. Devious...but brilliant. I'll have to get creative on the hiding part though.

I've abstained from loading up cut and stacked mesquite in our pasture, and advised another member from doing the same. 'Don't exactly know the protocol of what's going on, but no use "upsetting the apple cart".

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide