Forums46
Topics538,029
Posts9,732,118
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lab coat colors and health risks? [Re: BradyBuck] #7324835 10/24/18 01:43 AM
M
Mud Shark Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
What are your thoughts on yellow coat color being that it is also recessive?

Yes, they're recessive to black. However, by about 75-85% based off of the numbers I'm seeing, they're far more dominant than chocolate.
Fewer recessive traits equates to fewer recessive trait by products.

Mud Shark

Re: Lab coat colors and health risks? [Re: BuckRage] #7325548 10/24/18 05:08 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Color-dilution alopecia is by definition of a health risk related to coat color.

Color-dilution alopecia

Re: Lab coat colors and health risks? [Re: scalebuster] #7325559 10/24/18 05:14 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
I’ve heard most chocolate labs are closet homosexuals and practice deviant unprotected sexual behavior.

roflmao

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Lab coat colors and health risks? [Re: mattyg06] #7325567 10/24/18 05:19 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: mattyg06
Color-dilution alopecia is by definition of a health risk related to coat color.

Color-dilution alopecia

Yes, related to dogs who carry the dilute gene specifically.

Again, there is no genetic disease or disorder directly linked to the chocolate coat color.

Last edited by BradyBuck; 10/24/18 05:20 PM.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Lab coat colors and health risks? [Re: BuckRage] #7325745 10/24/18 07:21 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

Color-dilution alopecia

Again, there is no genetic disease or disorder directly linked to the chocolate coat color.

The fact that certain genetic traits are related to coat colors proves the idea that coat color can be tied to genetic problems.

Since this is the first study showing chocolates tend to live a shorter more disease prone life I can understand the hesitation to 'believe' the study's conclusions. But just because the study didn't conclude there was a specific disease identified or disorder doesn't mean the conclusions are false.

I agree this study will need to be replicated in order to add to the validity, but based on the sample size and who conducted the study, I wouldn't be surprised if this study will be replicated in several other countries.

Re: Lab coat colors and health risks? [Re: mattyg06] #7327427 10/26/18 02:12 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B

Color-dilution alopecia

The fact that certain genetic traits are related to coat colors proves the idea that coat color can be tied to genetic problems.

Since this is the first study showing chocolates tend to live a shorter more disease prone life I can understand the hesitation to 'believe' the study's conclusions. But just because the study didn't conclude there was a specific disease identified or disorder doesn't mean the conclusions are false.

I agree this study will need to be replicated in order to add to the validity, but based on the sample size and who conducted the study, I wouldn't be surprised if this study will be replicated in several other countries.

They concluded that the issues were due to a limited gene pool in that area not due to the coat color specifically...

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Lab coat colors and health risks? [Re: BradyBuck] #7338274 11/05/18 04:43 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

Color-dilution alopecia

They concluded that the issues were due to a limited gene pool in that area not due to the coat color specifically...

Are you familiar with the concept 'founder effect'?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide