Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7017229 12/30/17 08:19 PM
Opening Day Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I don't think wow even does this thread justice.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7017557 12/31/17 01:30 AM
B
Buck25-06 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Maximus hunt like you like and let them hunt how they choose.
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Originally Posted By: Hoytman
Iwasnt gonna get into this thread but i guess im as guilty of putting my stand on the fencline as anybody. I have 47 acres with 3 stands but all point in toward my land. And unlike maximus i dont think i own the deer that i hunt and if a neighbor shot a deer and asked to retrieve it it would be fine with me. I also plant food plots and feed but if my neighbor shot a nice deer i would be happy for him even if i saw the same deer on my place. I DONT own the deer on my place just like to hunt em!

Nice. 1 Stand per 15.6 acres.

I know allot about everything-Everything about nothing!!!!
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018154 12/31/17 04:46 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined
What's interesting about this thread is the lack of any mention/concern about the waste of game meat.

If I had stumbled on this thread without actually experiencing hunting in Texas I would think what a bunch of messed up, anti-neighborly, unethical, selfish people.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: TurkeyHunter] #7018233 12/31/17 05:51 PM
maximus_flavius Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
What's interesting about this thread is the lack of any mention/concern about the waste of game meat.

If I had stumbled on this thread without actually experiencing hunting in Texas I would think what a bunch of messed up, anti-neighborly, unethical, selfish people.

If you would read before commenting, you would see that's been addressed numerous times.

I'd be happy to let the GW take the meat, or donate it myself to Hunters for the Hungry, or any other charitable group.

Not too long ago, there was a thread here about a property owner allowing his fence line hunting neighbor recover game, he had a game cam set up with pics of them retrieving game. Then he had pics of
them actually shooting on his property at game. Anyone who doesn't think that is the norm, is naive at best.

So take your concern on down the road.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: gusick] #7018236 12/31/17 05:55 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: gusick
Animals near the property line is what encourages property line hunting. Unlike us, animals are not obsessed with imaginary lines.

& unlike animals, I pay a lot in property taxes, feed, & other expenses so I can have nice deer. The fenceline hunter doesn't wanna put in the work necessary, so he just bums off his neighbors.

Have you read any of the posts from other members who have the same problem?

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018247 12/31/17 06:01 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

If you would read before commenting, you would see that's been addressed numerous times.

I'd be happy to let the GW take the meat, or donate it myself to Hunters for the Hungry, or any other charitable group.

Not too long ago, there was a thread here about a property owner allowing his fence line hunting neighbor recover game, he had a game cam set up with pics of them retrieving game. Then he had pics of
them actually shooting on his property at game. Anyone who doesn't think that is the norm, is naive at best.

I disagree it is the norm. I may be naive, but that would make you jaded. Not to mention ignore any thought that disagrees with your perception. Your posts, even beyond this thread, drip with disdain for people and hunters in general. Carry on cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018248 12/31/17 06:02 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

But is that happening in your case? If so, that completely changes the discussion.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018253 12/31/17 06:05 PM
B
Buck25-06 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Since when did they start only taxing one side fence?I pay bout 8000.00 year prop. Taxes I only keep fence row clear with my dozer so it is simply the best hunting my neighbors don't seem to have problems.

I know allot about everything-Everything about nothing!!!!
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: Buck25-06] #7018351 12/31/17 07:12 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Buck25-06
Since when did they start only taxing one side fence?I pay bout 8000.00 year prop. Taxes I only keep fence row clear with my dozer so it is simply the best hunting my neighbors don't seem to have problems.

Did you ask them, or just assume? If they're ok with it, that's on them. Some people don't like it. They are not obligated to let you come onto their property, even to recover game.

You could take that dozer of yours & clear off a spot inside your own place.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018352 12/31/17 07:13 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

One incident doesn't make everyone guilty of doing the same thing. Paranoia is a mental disorder, but I hear it is treatable. 1-888-963-7111

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: txshntr] #7018354 12/31/17 07:14 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: txshntr
I disagree it is the norm. I may be naive, but that would make you jaded. Not to mention ignore any thought that disagrees with your perception. Your posts, even beyond this thread, drip with disdain for people and hunters in general. Carry on cheers

I may be jaded, because I've seen unethical hunters & what they do. My disdain is for people (hunters) who take advantage of their neighbors, & often break the law in pursuit of "their deer".

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: dogcatcher] #7018361 12/31/17 07:17 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
One incident doesn't make everyone guilty of doing the same thing. Paranoia is a mental disorder, but I hear it is treatable. 1-888-963-7111

& being stupid is a life long affliction for some people. You might call (800)OMG-STFU.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018364 12/31/17 07:18 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Since they are on their side of the fence, they are hunting their fence line not yours. Until you have proof of shooting across property line or trespassing you are only looking for something to bitch and moan about. You seem to be a very unhappy person with a sad outlook on life.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018380 12/31/17 07:23 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

& being stupid is a life long affliction for some people. You might call (800)OMG-STFU.

banana clap banana clap banana clap banana clap banana

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018382 12/31/17 07:25 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I may be jaded, because I've seen unethical hunters & what they do. My disdain is for people (hunters) who take advantage of their neighbors, & often break the law in pursuit of "their deer".

Did your neighbors break the law, or did some other unethical hunters at some point break the law and ruin your opinion of other people? Also, ballsy move for your neighbors to break the law and then call the Game Warden to provide help in recovering their your deer on your property.

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018391 12/31/17 07:28 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

How did they take advantage of you?

Did they break the law? Did you mention that to the Game Warden when he reached out to you about them recovering the deer?

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018403 12/31/17 07:34 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
I'll bet most of you fenceline hunters are also the the type of guy who, although there may be some available urinals, will sidle right up next to someone else pissing. F'n meat gazers.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018410 12/31/17 07:35 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
I'm out. You meat gazers have fun watching your neighbors place. Just know that your neighbor is not obligated to allow you onto his / her property.

Try hunting your own place.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018427 12/31/17 07:43 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I'm out. You meat gazers have fun watching your neighbors place. Just know that your neighbor is not obligated to allow you onto his / her property.

Oh thank God, I thought you'd never STFU. What a whine azz.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: skinnerback] #7018431 12/31/17 07:45 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: skinnerback

Oh thank God, I thought you'd never STFU. What a whine azz.

clap

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018436 12/31/17 07:48 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I'll bet most of you fenceline hunters are also the the type of guy who, although there may be some available urinals, will sidle right up next to someone else pissing. F'n meat gazers.

What is THAT all about? wtf

Someone is proud of his handy little gadget.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: skinnerback] #7018452 12/31/17 07:56 PM
K
KK30RAR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
[quote=maximus_flavius]I'm out. You meat gazers have fun watching your neighbors place. Just know that your neighbor is not obligated to allow you onto his / her property.

Oh thank God, I thought you'd never STFU. What a whine azz. [/quot] this guy is a joke just trying to get a argument out of someone just be happy he’s not your neighbor

Pulsar xq50 trail
Pulsar xq30f Helion
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018454 12/31/17 07:56 PM
B
bp3 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Glad that's over, beginning to think I owned the deer on my place. rifle

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018465 12/31/17 08:01 PM
K
KK30RAR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
I’m surprised he’s on a computer and not fence watching sounds like that’s his hobby what a life just looking for things to complain about

Pulsar xq50 trail
Pulsar xq30f Helion
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7018478 12/31/17 08:09 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
“Meat gazers.”

roflmao

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide