Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015823 12/29/17 05:54 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I guess I forgot to answer the question about retrieval. If they're hunting the fence line I will not let them come onto the place to retrieve a wounded deer. They can make arrangements through the game warden and I'll let him enter. If they are being respectful and honoring the boundary then I would have no problem and would help them retrieve it.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015826 12/29/17 05:57 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
This whole thread reflects the “my deer” mentality that is ruining hunting.

So sad to see folks defend their own private property rights to the death, but the guy across the fence is a jackass if he exercises his.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: Hoytman] #7015828 12/29/17 06:02 PM
maximus_flavius Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Hoytman
AMEN huntwest. To me if its two feet or two inches it doesnt matter as long as its on his place and yes even if it came from my side of the fence. Again not my deer.

How many deer do you reckon your 47 acres raises?

It's easy to be generous when you ain't got much skin in the game.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7015831 12/29/17 06:06 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

So sad to see folks defend their own private property rights to the death, but the guy across the fence is a jackass if he exercises his.

I will defend private property rights for everyone, even people I don't like. It doesn't matter to me if you have 5 acres or 50,000, your a jerk if you hunt the fenceline & your neighbors place.

At no time have I ever thought any deer are "mine". That's what he only argument y'all have, & its weaksauce. I only ask that people not crowd me by setting up on the fenceline overelooking my place. It used to be called common courtesy.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 12/29/17 06:08 PM.
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015835 12/29/17 06:08 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
So hunting the fence line is okay so long as you don't hunt your neighbor's place. Cool. Glad you made that point.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015837 12/29/17 06:11 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
AMEN huntwest. To me if its two feet or two inches it doesnt matter as long as its on his place and yes even if it came from my side of the fence. Again not my deer.

That has no bearing on what he can shoot. Our place has the cover, it where the deer go to bed down. My neighbors feed year around, we start mid September, and only to keep as many deer as possible on our place.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7015845 12/29/17 06:16 PM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
So hunting the fence line is okay so long as you don't hunt your neighbor's place. Cool. Glad you made that point.

If you like hunting fencelines so much, why not hunt your own interior fenceline?

Of course, a lot of these folks with <50 acres may not have much interior fenceline........

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015854 12/29/17 06:26 PM
H
Hoytman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
Maximus i dont know how many deer are born on my land but i must be doing something right. I kill a decent deer every year except this one. I have had some medical issues this year so havent hunted. If ur asking how MANY deer i kill i usually just one a year with my gun and if im lucky one with my bow.

(Sig Pic to be no more than 125 pixels tall)
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015857 12/29/17 06:29 PM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
High fence it and have security guards every 200 yards up

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015861 12/29/17 06:31 PM
H
Hoytman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
LOL. hammer

(Sig Pic to be no more than 125 pixels tall)
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015863 12/29/17 06:35 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mako My Day
I would allow it, if they asked permission. The only condition would be, I would like to see where the deer was originally shot, that would answer the question about his hunting ethics. If they were shooting into my property, that is where the problem would be.

What if it was 2 ft inside their fence, & had just came from your place?

At that point, why even have a fence? Why not just allow people to shoot over your fence & save them having to wait 2 minutes?

The fenceline hunter ( ASSUMING HE IS FOLLOWING THE LAW & not shooting or trespassing onto my place ) is using the law to its fullest extent. That's all I'm doing by not allowing them to trespass. That's all I can legally do to discourage people from hunting 2 ft away from my place.

I also hesitated to opine on this thread, because I don’t deer hunt and don’t own land, but I’ve enjoyed reading along here, at least until the above two posts, Maximus.

I understand you’re frustrated and I think I even had some sympathy for you early on, despite not entirely agreeing with your complaint. But the two quoted posts above...man.

Until you explain the hatred for this neighbor (because I find it hard to believe his stand being on your fence line and asking the GW to ask you if he can recover his deer on your property are the only reasons) I’m going to assume you’re a) not giving us the whole story, b) perhaps need to consider buying your neighbor out or selling your property, or c) high fencing, trying to grow a relationship with your neighbor, asking the GW to talk to the guy, something, anything, because you’re coming off as extremely high strung here.

Oh, and “the fencline hunter (ASSUMING HE IS FOLLOWING THE LAW & not shooting or trespassing onto my place ) is using the law to its fullest extent. That's all I'm doing by not allowing them to trespass...”

You’re not allowing them to trespass because, under that scenario, especially the all caps part, they are, by definition, not trespassing.

They asked for permission. That’s not trespassing. By allowing them access to your property to get their deer, ASSUMING THEY ARE FOLLOWING THE LAW, you’re not doing anything other than exercising your rights as a land owner, and coming across like a total buffoon and jerk who thinks he owns the neighboring land and deer.

I’m not saying your a buffoon or a jerk, but you are coming off like one, and one that is holding back the real reason for getting this angry about fenceline hunting.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015864 12/29/17 06:35 PM
B
BowsnRods Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
High Fences make for good neighbors, unless you are the one with the 5 acres on the outside of that fence. I had a lease down in Fowlerton for a few years on a large ranch. There was a small track in the middle of the ranch which amounted to about 20 acres. The Ranch Owner attempted several times to buy the small track due to the unethical hunting practices of the 5 people that hunted the 20 acres, which included 5 blinds and 5 feeders all on the property line. They would each fill their tags and more than likely their kids tags. I would estimate 30 plus deer a year were taken by the landowners of 20 acres. I hope you can see the problem here, they were not doing anything illegal that we knew of but surely unethical considering the amount of land they could hunt. The end of the second hunting season after they stopped coming out the Ranch Owner High Fenced the 20 acres and put in a short high fenced easement with a high fenced gate also, which made anyone coming onto the 20 acre property having to open and close 2 high fence gates. A couple of weeks before the hunting season was to start they came down in a carivan to fill up their feeders to prepare for another years slaughter on 20 acres. A few days later the Ranch Owner Received a call from the owners of the 20 acres wanting to sell. This was over 25 years ago and as far as I know the original owners still own the 20 acres. I wonder how many more deer they killed.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7015874 12/29/17 06:43 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

I will defend private property rights for everyone, even people I don't like. It doesn't matter to me if you have 5 acres or 50,000, your a jerk if you hunt the fenceline & your neighbors place.

At no time have I ever thought any deer are "mine". That's what he only argument y'all have, & its weaksauce. I only ask that people not crowd me by setting up on the fenceline overelooking my place. It used to be called common courtesy.

Is he hunting your place? You keep alluding to that, but it’s not clear. I don’t think anyone would side with your neighbor if he is shooting deer on your place, across the fence, and then asking to come retrieve the deer.

But that’s not what is happening, is it? He is shooting deer that cross the low fence from your property to his property, right?

If that’s the case, then you do think deer are yours, or at least more yours than his. And it’s not weaksauce as laid out. There may be more details you’re withholding that make it weaksauce, but if he isn’t hunting your place, I don’t have the same opinion on the issue that you do.

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7016003 12/29/17 09:20 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
It’s legal, people. Move along.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7016119 12/29/17 11:05 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H

If your talking to me your off on my acreage by a ton.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7016425 12/30/17 03:01 AM
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
DH, you are completely wrong about almost everything you posted.

I'll try to survive without your sympathy. Not sure how long I can make it, tho.

I'm not saying your an illl-informed, obnoxious know-it-all, but that's how you come off.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 12/30/17 03:01 AM.
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7016430 12/30/17 03:04 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined
Can you tag and keep their deer if it jumped on to your place wounded and died even though you didn't shoot it?

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: TurkeyHunter] #7016591 12/30/17 04:55 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Can you tag and keep their deer if it jumped on to your place wounded and died even though you didn't shoot it?

Turkey hunters are not allowed to comment on a deer hunting thread. Go stand in the corner and say 3 hail Mary's.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: therancher] #7016910 12/30/17 03:15 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Turkey hunters are not allowed to comment on a deer hunting thread. Go stand in the corner and say 3 hail Mary's.

I stood in the corner and drank 3 bloody marys, now what?

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7016918 12/30/17 03:20 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
In Noth Dakota you don't have to call the landowner. You can just go get your deer if it hops the fence.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: gusick] #7016941 12/30/17 03:39 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: gusick
In Noth Dakota you don't have to call the landowner. You can just go get your deer if it hops the fence.

Thanks God and the good sense of the Texas Legislature that we don't have those laws.

You can recover your deer in NorDak, but you better not go with a firearm or bow lest you are then hunting while trespassing per NorDak law. Of course, that assumes you were hunting legally outside of the private property that the deer escaped to for sanctuary.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7016951 12/30/17 03:50 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Originally Posted By: gusick

Thanks God and the good sense of the Texas Legislature that we don't have those laws.

You can recover your deer in NorDak, but you better not go with a firearm or bow lest you are then hunting while trespassing per NorDak law. Of course, that assumes you were hunting legally outside of the private property that the deer escaped to for sanctuary.

A law like ND has seems as though it would encourage property line hunting.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7017034 12/30/17 04:51 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Animals near the property line is what encourages property line hunting. Unlike us, animals are not obsessed with imaginary lines.

Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7017181 12/30/17 07:37 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
DH, you are completely wrong about almost everything you posted.

I'll try to survive without your sympathy. Not sure how long I can make it, tho.

I'm not saying your an illl-informed, obnoxious know-it-all, but that's how you come off.

Then clarify, please. Is your neighbor hunting your place? Because you said that in one of your posts. If he is, that’s illegal and I would support you 100% in being pissed off. If he is shooting across your fenceline, I suspect we would be having a very different discussion here.

So what am I wrong about? Or just keep bitching and moaning about a situation your not giving all of the details about and then talking down to people that point out you’re wrong based on the information you’ve provided. I don’t really care.

[Linked Image]
Re: Allowing deer recovery [Re: maximus_flavius] #7017222 12/30/17 08:12 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Wow, just read all 7 pages and all I can say is... wow.

LETS GO BRANDON
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide