Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Originally Posted By: dee
Originally Posted By: DStroud
Doug got it right most of these scopes are made in the same plants so your Vortex/ Bushnell/ Athlon/ Burris are all coming down the same assembly lines.
I use to laugh when I would hear folks say yea I would never buy a Sears washing machine only Whirlpool for me or vice versa when I knew they both came down the same assembly line they just had different logos and badges on them.
Athlon folks are ex Bushnell employees who IIRC decided to go in a different direction.

Just because it's built in the same place does not mean the parts or components are of the same quality.

It also doesn’t mean just because the name is different is automatically of worse quality either. No dog in the fight, don’t own an athalon scope, but may buy one soon. But lots of quality items are produced in China. Just depends on what the manufacturers requires.

No truer words:

"But lots of quality items are produced in China. Just depends on what the manufacturers requires."

Exactly. Quality begins and ends with the company that is putting their name on the product. They control the quality 100%

Doug @ Camera Land

gr8fuldoug@aol.com
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support we receive