Originally Posted By: Scoutdog

That's is in violation of the law.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000500 12/18/17 12:44 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I would just pot a sign up on yalls fenceline saying NO Trespassing under surveillance or something. That'll make him paranoid and maybe even move his stand cause who wants to be on camera? I sure as hell wouldn't even if I aint doing anything wrong.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000533 12/18/17 01:19 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
It certainly would piss me off especially with a 600 acre property. Blatant idiot!!!!! I love the blocking panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Way To Close [Re: maximus_flavius] #7000540 12/18/17 01:23 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius

?

Re: Way To Close [Re: Deerhunter61] #7000548 12/18/17 01:32 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61

?

Maybe he is talking about hunter harassment as the violation of the law part?

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000585 12/18/17 02:04 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
peep I'd park my truck next to his blind. Or if you are not shy, take a big dump on your side of the fence when he is sitting in it for the afternoon hunt. Sure makes a person scratch their head on that deal. flush

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000613 12/18/17 02:26 PM
C
crooked horn Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I hate property line hunters as much (or more) than the next guy, but this setup is nowhere near as bad as I've dealt with. I currently have 3 setups on my fence that have the blinds feeders swapped: feeder next to fence, blind facing. Looks like this guy may have his windows blocked as well. Hard to tell. Local game warden "suggested" the neighbors do this with their setups, due to the legal issues involving a projectile crossing a property line. He was ignored. Nothing can be done legally.

Thank you...thank you very much
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000878 12/18/17 05:00 PM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Put a 9' high fence up then they would need a big ladder to recover the deer

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000904 12/18/17 05:24 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I would start by talking to him. Doesn't have to be confrontational, just a safety discussion letting him know where his shots may go if he errs even a bit to the right. And that you are not okay with anyone crossing to retrieve deer that cross fence once shot.

If that doesn't work, maybe something more will be needed. Do you have a dump where you throw carcasses? If so, move it, if no, maybe time to start one. Dig a pit on your side and then start dragging dead pigs to it.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Way To Close [Re: Mr. T.] #7000926 12/18/17 05:36 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61

?

Maybe he is talking about hunter harassment as the violation of the law part?

How the hell would that be hunter harassment if he isn’t supposed to be hunting that side of the fence?

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000946 12/18/17 05:45 PM
J
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Heavily put out corn all around the blind area, maybe the hogs will take over and ruin the deer hunting. Or use it as dump station for carcasses and guts

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Way To Close [Re: maximus_flavius] #7000976 12/18/17 06:04 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K

Which part?

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7000991 12/18/17 06:15 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I sit with my back to the property line and hunt looking into the interior of my place all the time. Don't have a blond in that spot but if I wanted one there the neighbors or anybody else's opinions wouldn't matter to me one bit.

I guess if he was 100 yards off the property line and shooting towards your place that'd be better?

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001012 12/18/17 06:28 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
How the hell would that be hunter harassment if he isn’t supposed to be hunting that side of the fence?

The law says nothing about sides of fences, just whether or not there is the intent to interfere with lawful hunting, which this could be considered as an intent to interference with lawful hunting. Remember, that harassment can happen from off property such as a neighbor deciding to run his chainsaw every time you show up to hunt. I am not saying it would fly, but if the hunter with the stand could articulate an argument that he is being harassed as a hunter, it could. After all, that blockage was put up in response to the hunter putting up his lawful hunting stand.

§ 62.0125. Harassment of Hunters, Trappers, and Fishermen. Summary: ... Under the section, a person may not intentionally interfere with another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife, or intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife for the purpose of disrupting lawful hunting.

It may also be illegal under related 'spite fence' and parts thereof regarding intentional obstruction of view. The blockage serves no other purpose for the owner than to intentionally block the view of the person in the hunting blind and so may therefore be an illegal construction. https://assets.recenter.tamu.edu/documents/articles/1092.pdf

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 12/18/17 06:44 PM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001015 12/18/17 06:30 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Yeah, that's too close. I once set up a bow stand about 50 yards from a neighbors fence line, and regretted it. They had lots of traffic down the road against the fence line, and I'll never set up that close again. You never know what the neighbor will be doing to distract the hunting.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Way To Close [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7001195 12/18/17 08:10 PM
V
VAFish Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:

The law says nothing about sides of fences, just whether or not there is the intent to interfere with lawful hunting, which this could be considered as an intent to interference with lawful hunting. Remember, that harassment can happen from off property such as a neighbor deciding to run his chainsaw every time you show up to hunt. I am not saying it would fly, but if the hunter with the stand could articulate an argument that he is being harassed as a hunter, it could. After all, that blockage was put up in response to the hunter putting up his lawful hunting stand.

§ 62.0125. Harassment of Hunters, Trappers, and Fishermen. Summary: ... Under the section, a person may not intentionally interfere with another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife, or intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife for the purpose of disrupting lawful hunting.

It may also be illegal under related 'spite fence' and parts thereof regarding intentional obstruction of view. The blockage serves no other purpose for the owner than to intentionally block the view of the person in the hunting blind and so may therefore be an illegal construction. https://assets.recenter.tamu.edu/documents/articles/1092.pdf

Key words "Lawfully Hunting". He can't lawfully hunt on your property without your permission. So if you are preventing them from trespassing or shooting onto your property you are not harassing them from a "Lawful" hunt.

Spite fence, maybe, but you aren't doing it out of spite you are doing it to prevent an illegal act. And it's not his home you are blocking a view of. It would be pretty tough for him to prove any damages. After reading the linked article I'm less inclined to think the hunter could successfully sue to have the pole removed.

Hanging wind chimes on the poll or dumping carcasses on your side of the fence next to his stand could be interfering with a lawful hunt. Although a basketball hoop would make it interesting.

Although I wouldn't go through the trouble of putting up a pole like that. All he would have to do is drag his stand three feet and he could see around that piece of sheet metal.

I'm not as well versed on TX laws as I am on VA. Here in VA it is illegal to retrieve downed game on another's property without permission. I would notify the hunter that he does not have permission to go on my property, even to retrieve downed game. I would make sure the fence line was properly posted for no trespassing. Then as I stated before I would set up game cameras monitoring his stand. I would do it with one on a T post in plain view of his stand and a couple others well concealed to monitor any theft or tampering of the one on the T post. Nothing like having a video of him trespassing and stealing your game camera to had to the game warden.

Last edited by VAFish; 12/18/17 08:21 PM.

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius
Re: Way To Close [Re: VAFish] #7001323 12/18/17 09:22 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: VAFish
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:

Key words "Lawfully Hunting". He can't lawfully hunt on your property without your permission. So if you are preventing them from trespassing or shooting onto your property you are not harassing them from a "Lawful" hunt.

Spite fence, maybe, but you aren't doing it out of spite you are doing it to prevent an illegal act. And it's not his home you are blocking a view of. It would be pretty tough for him to prove any damages. After reading the linked article I'm less inclined to think the hunter could successfully sue to have the pole removed.

Hanging wind chimes on the poll or dumping carcasses on your side of the fence next to his stand could be interfering with a lawful hunt. Although a basketball hoop would make it interesting.

Although I wouldn't go through the trouble of putting up a pole like that. All he would have to do is drag his stand three feet and he could see around that piece of sheet metal.

I'm not as well versed on TX laws as I am on VA. Here in VA it is illegal to retrieve downed game on another's property without permission. I would notify the hunter that he does not have permission to go on my property, even to retrieve downed game. I would make sure the fence line was properly posted for no trespassing. Then as I stated before I would set up game cameras monitoring his stand. I would do it with one on a T post in plain view of his stand and a couple others well concealed to monitor any theft or tampering of the one on the T post. Nothing like having a video of him trespassing and stealing your game camera to had to the game warden.

Exactly what my point was. You are not harassing the hunter, you are keeping him honest. If he has a problem with it then he’s clearly got the intention of hunting your side of the fence

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001334 12/18/17 09:27 PM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
I can't imagine any game warden in the state having an issue if you put up a pole with sheet metal. Seriously, who thinks that would actually happen?

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001371 12/18/17 09:43 PM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
While the stand would annoy me... throwing this wrench in the works:

It is not illegal to LOOK at the other side of that fence. While, yes, the first reaction is they are shooting something there, the person has every right to look over the fence line, just not "touch", so, in this case, adding that blockage would probably constitute harassment, especially if they decided to pick the stand up and move it 20 feet further down the fence line and you followed and added it back.

Now, the key here would be to prove that they actually shot, not intended, not thought about it, not could, but did not get a chance, that they actually took a shot and fired into another property.

So, be careful.

Annoying as hell? Yes..

Illegal? Not for them... but YOU could find yourself on the wrong side of the 'fence' if you were in this 'boat'... just an fyi.

Also not saying "I" would not do it, but.. not saying "I" would not be tempted too.. lol

Russ

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Way To Close [Re: JohnRussell] #7001382 12/18/17 09:47 PM
K
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: JohnRussell
While the stand would annoy me... throwing this wrench in the works:

It is not illegal to LOOK at the other side of that fence. While, yes, the first reaction is they are shooting something there, the person has every right to look over the fence line, just not "touch", so, in this case, adding that blockage would probably constitute harassment, especially if they decided to pick the stand up and move it 20 feet further down the fence line and you followed and added it back.

Now, the key here would be to prove that they actually shot, not intended, not thought about it, not could, but did not get a chance, that they actually took a shot and fired into another property. Again, what GW is going to side with the guy with that blind there and file charges? It won't happen.

So, be careful.

Annoying as hell? Yes..

Illegal? Not for them... but YOU could find yourself on the wrong side of the 'fence' if you were in this 'boat'... just an fyi.

Also not saying "I" would not do it, but.. not saying "I" would not be tempted too.. lol

Russ

So put a stand up that blocks them in the same manner and call it a day. If they move it you can move yours, after all it isn't illegal to look.

Last edited by rexmitchell; 12/18/17 09:47 PM.
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001508 12/18/17 11:09 PM
B
BDB Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Thats to close and I would not do that but....I try to keep our stands somewhat close to outside perimeters and feeders toward the interior side. No hunting the center of the property...thats a deers sanctuary. travel should be perimeter lines also.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001543 12/18/17 11:49 PM
D
DH3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
1.Where is the "proof" that he is poaching?
2.A window faces your property, so what??
3.It's HIS blind on HIS property!
4.Set-up appears that he is hunting on HIS side of the fenceline. Any reason to say he is not?
5.Anything keeping you from setting up a blind, opposite side of the fence on YOUR property?
All those questions can (and will) be asked in court..

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001578 12/19/17 12:31 AM
Opening Day Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Nothing illegal so give it up.

Re: Way To Close [Re: DH3] #7001580 12/19/17 12:35 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: DH3
1.Where is the "proof" that he is poaching?
2.A window faces your property, so what??
3.It's HIS blind on HIS property!
4.Set-up appears that he is hunting on HIS side of the fenceline. Any reason to say he is not?
5.Anything keeping you from setting up a blind, opposite side of the fence on YOUR property?
All those questions can (and will) be asked in court..

That's your blind isn't it........ roflmao

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7001585 12/19/17 12:38 AM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
I'd prefer someone set up like this rather than having the feeder on my side of his stand.

I'd much rather the bullet travel to the interior of his property rather than toward me.

A game camera will let you know if he is trespassing or not.

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide