R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: HOF
Poaching will improve his chances in Alabama. grin

Absolutely!

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: maximus_flavius] #6916128 10/11/17 01:49 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
So. The hawks, foxes, bobcats, coyotes, etc that kill animals at my feeders are "cheating" too?

If you use anything other than your teeth and fingernails you're cheating as well. Just embrace your cheater status and st^u.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: Texas Dan] #6916372 10/11/17 11:19 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
It's why many states, including Texas, require hunters to carry written landowner permission when hunting private land not owned by the hunter. Officers don't always enforce it but will if they smell poachers.

Officers in Texas don't always enforce it because it so rarely applies in Texas.

Quote:
Sec. 62.012. WRITTEN CONSENT TO HUNT OR TARGET SHOOT REQUIRED. (a) This section applies only to a county having a population of 3.3 million or more. This section does not apply to a person hunting or target shooting on a public or private shooting range.

So here is a list of Texas counties with a population of 3.3 million or more...

1. Harris County.
https://www.texas-demographics.com/counties_by_population

That's it, just one out of 254 counties, or about 0.6% of the area of Texas and ~1/3 of that is incorporated cities and towns such as Houston.

So it is a Texas law, but a law but only applicable to a very tiny area.
-------------------

Originally Posted By: Cherokee Mingan
Nope, not hunting. None of that you just listed. That's something different than hunting.

I see a lot of this gets back to....if you don't hunt the way I hunt for the reasons I hunt then you aren't hunting. Never mind how it is defined in the dictionary. Never mind how it is defined in law. And no, Native Americans or other indigenous people around the world are or were not hunters either. They "harvested" animals from the landscape, right?

There are many forms of hunting. Let's not forget that.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 10/11/17 05:27 PM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6916517 10/11/17 01:34 PM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Who do you think perpetrated this fiendish plot against the former Justice and his son?

Quote:
Former Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, who won a hotly-contested Republican Senate primary against incumbent Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) last month, is calling his son Caleb’s ninth arrest a “cheap political trick.”

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: maximus_flavius] #6916523 10/11/17 01:41 PM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Well, I guess that means we should support the Democrap whos running against the old man.

I don't have a vote in Alabama and am not familiar with candidate running against Roy Moore. I know the President did not back Roy Moore and he has great instincts.

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: SapperTitan] #6921007 10/15/17 12:45 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
I guarantee you if Indians could have used feeders to kill deer easier they would have done so.

WINNER!

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6921141 10/15/17 04:23 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Look up Roy Moore.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: Hunt n Fish] #6921187 10/15/17 05:08 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
I guarantee you if Indians could have used feeders to kill deer easier they would have done so.

WINNER!

You can bet when Indians saw that deer would come to corn, they were baiting them.
Truth be known, we have been baiting animals ever since there has been hunting/trapping.
But then some do use dogs to improve their odds, no difference, it is just getting an advantage.
I even use bait to get fish, but then that isn't fishing by some folks definition.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: Cherokee Mingan] #6921264 10/15/17 06:38 PM
N
Novemberyet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: Cherokee Mingan
Hunting over bait isn't really "hunting" anyways.

So fishing with bait really isn't "fishing"? Tell me what it's called when I cast and reel-in a rooster tail in the creek?

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6921346 10/15/17 08:31 PM
B
Black Horse Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Research!!

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6921882 10/16/17 08:48 AM
P
pigplinker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Dad has a rap sheet too. Probably makes Daddy proud.

Where is the rap sheet on his dad?

I did some looking around and couldn't find any rap sheet. He has been removed from his position as judge for defending his right to freedom of religion. He refused to remove a wood carving and a statue he put in his court of the ten commandments.

His son appears to be a grown man choosing to break the law on multiple occasions so he deserves whatever he gets.

But I wouldn't necessarily let his conduct sway my decision voting for his father if I lived there.

Agree with you PP. I was given some good advise years ago when my children were young. A man told me I could raise my children and teach right from wrong, but when they are old enough to walk out a door they will make their own choices. That is so true.

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: Hunt n Fish] #6921985 10/16/17 12:17 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish

WINNER!

They absolutely used feeders!....Doesn't anyone remember the thread from a couple years ago about "Indian Corn."
"It attracts more deer and they stay longer!"

Seriously the holier than thou will talk down feeders, but it's ok to set up under an acorn tree, or on the main trails leading into a corn field. Just a case of not noticing the plank that is embedded into their own eye.

Last edited by Jimbo; 10/16/17 12:22 PM.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6922117 10/16/17 02:14 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: ndhunter
I don't have a vote in Alabama and am not familiar with candidate running against Roy Moore. I know the President did not back Roy Moore and he has great instincts.

I do. This is going to be a fun election between Roy Moore and Doug Jones. The Dem's smell blood and will pour money into this election. But they will lose. Hitler could beat Jesus if Hitler was the R and Jesus was the D in Alabama.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: Dry Fire] #6953501 11/09/17 11:28 PM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire

I do. This is going to be a fun election between Roy Moore and Doug Jones. The Dem's smell blood and will pour money into this election. But they will lose. Hitler could beat Jesus if Hitler was the R and Jesus was the D in Alabama.

What if a Child Molester was the R ?

Woman claims that controversial GOP Senate candidate initiated a sexual encounter with her when she was 14 years old
http://www.businessinsider.com/roy-moore-alabama-senate-leigh-corfman-2017-11

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: psycho0819] #6953897 11/10/17 11:27 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: psycho0819
I've maintained for years now that we in Texas and many other states don't really "hunt" as much as we practice "herd management". You want to go "hunting", draw an elk tag in a western state and head up into the mountains to chase them around on foot for several days at a time. That's "hunting".

Been there done that 40 plus years, now I'm old and sit in the truck watching sendero's that I've hand thrown corn on. We eat 4 deer a year and the easier it is for me to get to them and load them the better. I've put in my time on the mountains out west and the canyon country of the South Pecos and it was either on foot or horseback. Those days are over! Hell I'm so old I'm even restricting Mrs. B to 100 lb deer or less, loading them big bucks for her is killing my back. If I could bait them into the back of the truck I'd be a happy man!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6953903 11/10/17 11:43 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Woman claims that controversial GOP Senate candidate initiated a sexual encounter with her when she was 14 years old

Woman with financial problems searching for payday makes false accusation, could just as easily be the headlines. Almost 40 years ago and the dems have been trying to get rid of Judge Moore the whole time. This would have surfaced many years ago. I still remember Herman Cain and all the accusation directed at him, he drops out and poof those women disappear. Now if Judge Moore had gotten drunk and drove into a lake leaving his girlfriend to drown that would certainly cause him to step down. Maybe if Judge Moore had used an intern as his personal humidor, he would step down. Maybe banging 13 and 14 year old girls in South America would make him step down. I'm sorry but I give more credibility to Judge Moore's denial than I do her accusation and the dems fake moral objections. Take it to court and prove her case, if it's a false accusation then throw her butt in jail. I'm tired of the pond scum tactic's in politic's.

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 11/10/17 11:45 AM.

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: SapperTitan] #6953913 11/10/17 11:52 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Actually they did (maybe not in the mechanical sense), along with various other methods of taking game. Nothing like scaring a bunch of buffalo over a cliff, or chasing them on horseback filling them full of arrows with weak little 35 lb Plains Bows. Much of the wounded had to be trailed for miles with many just going until they died never to be found. Now that's hunting!

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6953941 11/10/17 12:40 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Clearly, you’ve never seen Dances With Wolves.

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6954040 11/10/17 01:46 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D

You have to live in Alabama to understand how the politics (and voters) work around here. Bibb County Sheriff committed suicide a while back because he was protecting a rapist and abuser who was the son of a local prominent family.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6954058 11/10/17 02:00 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Turns out Roy Moore is accused of using "jailbait" in his hunting routine. Now one of his friends is telling the world that Joseph was much older than Mary when Jesus was conceived, as an excuse for his fondling a 14 year old girl. I'm no biblical scholar but I believe the story is that Jesus was a product of immaculate conception. Kind of makes his lame azz excuse moot. The guys a nut job.

Last edited by Erathkid; 11/10/17 02:02 PM.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: HWY_MAN] #6954062 11/10/17 02:04 PM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

Woman with financial problems searching for payday makes false accusation, could just as easily be the headlines. Almost 40 years ago and the dems have been trying to get rid of Judge Moore the whole time. This would have surfaced many years ago. I still remember Herman Cain and all the accusation directed at him, he drops out and poof those women disappear. Now if Judge Moore had gotten drunk and drove into a lake leaving his girlfriend to drown that would certainly cause him to step down. Maybe if Judge Moore had used an intern as his personal humidor, he would step down. Maybe banging 13 and 14 year old girls in South America would make him step down. I'm sorry but I give more credibility to Judge Moore's denial than I do her accusation and the dems fake moral objections. Take it to court and prove her case, if it's a false accusation then throw her butt in jail. I'm tired of the pond scum tactic's in politic's.

If you determined that the allegations were accurate enough and had a vote would you vote for Moore?

Moore will probably win the election and there is not much anyone can do about it. I thought Moore was going to be a problem for the Republicans before these allegations. This isn't going to help.

Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6954071 11/10/17 02:16 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Dude, it's Alabama. He'll probably get more votes if it turns out to be true. Don't you love these holier than thou, hypocrites?

Don't text and drive.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6954074 11/10/17 02:17 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
4 women accusers, not one.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: ndhunter] #6954078 11/10/17 02:19 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
He'll pull a Jimmy Swaggart, plead forgiveness, holding his tear stained bible and his worshipers will eat that chit up.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Another Hunting Over Bait Headline [Re: pigplinker] #6954086 11/10/17 02:24 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: pigplinker
[quote=Erathkid]Dad has a rap sheet too. Probably makes Daddy proud.

Where is the rap sheet on his dad?

A person's "religious freedom" does not supersede constitutional law. Radical, religious extremism
I did some looking around and couldn't find any rap sheet. He has been removed from his position as judge for defending his right to freedom of religion. He refused to remove a wood carving and a statue he put in his court of the ten commandments.

His son appears to be a grown man choosing to break the law on multiple occasions so he deserves whatever he gets.

But I wouldn't necessarily let his conduct sway my decision voting for his father if I lived there.

Agree with you PP. I was given some good advise years ago when my children were young. A man told me I could raise my children and teach right from wrong, but when they are old enough to walk out a door they will make their own choices. That is so true.

Don't text and drive.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide