Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: DocHorton] #6899501 09/26/17 04:08 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: DocHorton
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
I just sheet on the ground and then kick some dirt over it, away from camp of coarse.

One of life's great pleasures is taking a dump in the outdoors. Here's the view from my bathroom: grin

That's luxury living right there Doc

Like they say on a popular toilet paper commercial "Enjoy the Go"

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6899545 09/26/17 04:33 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
This is how I deal with fecal waste on my place

1. auger 4 big deep holes adjacent to each other, 3 ft deep,
- clear the rest by hand to make One Big Hole

Build a chair to fit over the Hole, with a Big hole cut out for the Exhaust of excrements
Go to Home Depot and buy the most expensive plastic toilet seat ($40, ) fit that over the chair seat
Silicone the seat to the chair or use cords

T-Post or other anchoring method to keep chair in place

In the Texas heat , the 'poop' will dry out in 1-2 days, no stink; will break down into particulates in a month

I believe this is the cleanest, most natural way to deal with fecal matter

my hole has been there for 5 years, I have 6-8 guys on the place, and it's only 1/5 full of sediments to this day

2. contractor bag over a 5 gallon bucket

when done, Tie and burn bag in burn barrel, no stink, no problems

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6899547 09/26/17 04:33 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

Last edited by hook_n_line; 09/26/17 04:37 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6900484 09/27/17 12:58 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Heck we didn't even have running water at our home until I was almost 6 years old. I still remember the well getting drilled and the septic system install. Many of our neighbors didn't have running water and some who got it still refused to have an inside privy. Thought it was unsanitary. Playing around the area when you had to go you just popped into the nearest outhouse and took care of business. But if you used the last of the TP you always brought a roll back so there would be some next time.

If you have a water table close to the surface, say less than 25', then you may run a risk of cross contamination. In that case you would need to take steps to protect your aquifer and maybe even disinfect your well.

However the OP said they have to haul water so that isn't the case.

An out house with a tub under the seat, say like a mineral lick tub from the feed store, would be easy to pull out and dump at the end of the weekend off away from camp somewhere and ease some of the odor issues.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6901710 09/28/17 03:36 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
All I know is once we ran water and installed septic, don't walk in the greenest grass by camp! I turn the pump sprinklers on before we leave. grin

I still like a good ole outhouse every once in a while. We still have the chair with a seat screwed on it.

The original homestead outhouse is next to one of our blinds. Only thing left. Has a moon cut window and two seats!!! Were there male and female seats back in the day???

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6901924 09/28/17 01:31 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Lots of big family's back then, think 2 holer's were common.

I was headed from Amarillo to DFW a few years ago and stopped at a fruit stand I want to say around Hedley on 287. Asked if they had a restroom I could use and was directed to a nice 2 hole outhouse on the backside of a barn. Didn't really have to take a dump but figured what the heck, how often do you get to go in a outhouse and I didn't plan on stopping again. Sat down, thought a second, took my pencil out and wrote "210#" on the wall. You're old if you get it..

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6901981 09/28/17 02:08 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
When out in the woods I stay in my trailer and it is usually just me. I replaced the small trailer toilet with a regular size one.
If the weather is bad I have it lined with a tall kitchen trash bag and use it, if the weather is decent I have a pooping chair and a shovel up

texas Faith, Family and Freedom flag

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6903415 09/29/17 05:08 PM
N
Night Skunk Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
N
Seems like the idea of digging a hole and letting her go will be a good solution. By simple math there will be 4 of us over a typical weekend. One guy has shy travel bowels syndrome so he is out. That leave 3 hunters = 3 dumps on Saturday + 3 dumps on Sunday = 6 dumps total. This of course does not take into consideration the cheap beer factor or deer camp bean factor so we could easily round it up to 7 or 8 dumps over the typical weekend. With a big enough hole I think we're good.

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: SapperTitan] #6919918 10/14/17 03:45 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
I just sheet on the ground and then kick some dirt over it, away from camp of coarse.

When I was workin on uncle sugars nickle, a squared away bat boy could fsll out of a road ruck, pop a speed shat in 20 seconds flat, then fall back in line in no time at all. The key is, once the urge hits, wait it oout. Wait until you're close to beeing stiff legged locked up. The instant you start to bend over, it will fly out like s TOW missle. A propperly locked and loaded colon will shoot that puppy out so fast you could drill a haji with it.

Best part it requires ZERO effort. When properly executed, it has its own extremely effective propulsion system just likke the launch phase of a TOW. Our company record was around 8 feet. PLeanty distance to clear them britches.

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: aerangis] #6919942 10/14/17 04:24 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted By: aerangis

When I was workin on uncle sugars nickle, a squared away bat boy could fsll out of a road ruck, pop a speed shat in 20 seconds flat, then fall back in line in no time at all. The key is, once the urge hits, wait it oout. Wait until you're close to beeing stiff legged locked up. The instant you start to bend over, it will fly out like s TOW missle. A propperly locked and loaded colon will shoot that puppy out so fast you could drill a haji with it.

Best part it requires ZERO effort. When properly executed, it has its own extremely effective propulsion system just likke the launch phase of a TOW. Our company record was around 8 feet. PLeanty distance to clear them britches.

rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Txduckman] #6920463 10/14/17 08:24 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Txduckman
All I know is once we ran water and installed septic, don't walk in the greenest grass by camp! I turn the pump sprinklers on before we leave. grin

I still like a good ole outhouse every once in a while. We still have the chair with a seat screwed on it.

The original homestead outhouse is next to one of our blinds. Only thing left. Has a moon cut window and two seats!!! Were there male and female seats back in the day???

Yes, the wider ones were for females....

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: chalet] #6921002 10/15/17 12:39 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: chalet
Lots of big family's back then, think 2 holer's were common.

I was headed from Amarillo to DFW a few years ago and stopped at a fruit stand I want to say around Hedley on 287. Asked if they had a restroom I could use and was directed to a nice 2 hole outhouse on the backside of a barn. Didn't really have to take a dump but figured what the heck, how often do you get to go in a outhouse and I didn't plan on stopping again. Sat down, thought a second, took my pencil out and wrote "210#" on the wall. You're old if you get it..

If I don't see at least 240, I sorta squat & hold the sides! up

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: aerangis] #6921004 10/15/17 12:41 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: aerangis

......as long as the nozzle's not set on spray!

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6924090 10/17/17 11:22 PM
W
Wacm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
We have the portable camper toilet. It's not bad. Bag it up and throw it into a barrel we keep lined with empty corn bags. It's nice when it's cold outside. Just light a candle and go. Our camp is separate from our hunting land so we dump the corn bags off at a gas station on the way. Even in heat it never stinks.

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6924093 10/17/17 11:28 PM
W
Wacm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
The funny thing is my shower. It's a sun shower. Which is a bag connected to a hose with a shower nozzle. I pour half a gallon into the bag and then I have a big coffee machine that is used to heat a whole liter of water. When it starts boiling I add it to the half gallon and water and swish it around a bit. It hangs up on the rafters of my cabin. I have a shower curtain in the corner. I stand in a huge Tupperware container and take my shower. Man it looks bad but sure is nice after hunting hard.

Re: Hunting Camp Sewage [Re: Night Skunk] #6924100 10/17/17 11:34 PM
D
Dalee7892 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
We bought a used porta-toilet, cut hole in bottom, dug a hole for it to sit over. Threw lime in every once in awhile, dump diesel on at end of season set on fire. Had seven on lease. Hooked up heat lamp inside for cold days.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide