Forums46
Topics543,236
Posts9,796,055
Members87,448
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Stevarino] #6806919 06/28/17 03:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Stevarino
Originally Posted By: tlk
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: therancher
What are "his products"?

All or part interest in

Wild game
Flex stone
Barnett cross bows
Plano gun cases
Zink calls
Avian x
Halo optics
Ameristep
Frabill
Evolved
Tenzing packs
Bloodsport
No limit Archery

Thanks - now I know what products not to buy -

So you don't want to buy a product because of one mans mistake? 12 brands, over 2400 products.. think of the number of jobs/families this company supports. He made a mistake, apologized, and paying for that mistake.
It's my understanding that the sons primarily operate the company, and they must be doing one heck of a job. I don't approve of his actions, but I will forgive and focus on the positives. I wish the family my best and hope they can bounce back.

Ditto^^^

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6806944 06/28/17 04:06 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
It's not like it's his first brush with the law. He was caught buying NR tags as a resident a year or two ago and paid a fine for that. He's a habitual offender apparently.

I also agree.....his show sucks mightily....it is on the unwatchable list.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Stevarino] #6806951 06/28/17 04:10 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Stevarino
What are "his products"?

All or part interest in

Wild game
Flex stone
Barnett cross bows
Plano gun cases
Zink calls
Avian x
Halo optics
Ameristep
Frabill
Evolved
Tenzing packs
Bloodsport
No limit Archery

Thanks - now I know what products not to buy -

So you don't want to buy a product because of one mans mistake? 12 brands, over 2400 products.. think of the number of jobs/families this company supports. He made a mistake, apologized, and paying for that mistake.
It's my understanding that the sons primarily operate the company, and they must be doing one heck of a job. I don't approve of his actions, but I will forgive and focus on the positives. I wish the family my best and hope they can bounce back.

IMO he is the face and represents the companies and their show - because of that he represents the hunting community to the rest of the world. It is one thing to make an honest mistake but he knowingly broke serious game laws. There are plenty of other product options to choose from offered by people who do not break game laws. I for one am tired of these different TV show host who get caught breaking game laws

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6806955 06/28/17 04:14 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
" I for one am tired of these different TV show host who get caught breaking game laws"

Yeah. Cause we all know you've never broken a game law..

roflmao

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: therancher] #6806977 06/28/17 04:38 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
" I for one am tired of these different TV show host who get caught breaking game laws"

roflmao

Sir you don't know me from squat - so careful making assumptions. I follow game laws

If you want to buy his products then by all means support him. I choose not to. Simple as that

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6806992 06/28/17 04:52 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I didn't buy their products before this and certainly won't now.

As far as jobs being affected, most would be over seas where all of their stuff is made. They are simply domestic brokers and marketers targeting the lowest price range.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6807110 06/28/17 06:38 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I didn't buy their products before this and certainly won't now.

As far as jobs being affected, most would be over seas where all of their stuff is made. They are simply domestic brokers and marketers targeting the lowest price range.

BINGO!

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6807117 06/28/17 06:49 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
He's an idiot. And a blowhard. How anyone could watch his obnoxious self for 2 minutes has always been a mystery to me. I would never knowingly buy his products. I felt this way long before this poaching deal - which shouldn't surprise anyone in the least.

This support for poachers and idiots these days is sad and alarming.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6807118 06/28/17 06:50 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Not really sure why people buy their junk wildgame products anyway.

They must have pics of the Academy CEO doing something he shouldn't have as long as Academy has carried that junk.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6807178 06/28/17 07:57 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Another tv hunter breaking the law. Wow.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Jgraider] #6807227 06/28/17 09:15 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
It's not like it's his first brush with the law. He was caught buying NR tags as a resident a year or two ago and paid a fine for that. He's a habitual offender apparently.

I also agree.....his show sucks mightily....it is on the unwatchable list.

Let's be honest he is most likely dumb enough to think if you are a landowner you can buy res tags. Ironically I had one of my farmers tell me the shame thing at my ranch. He truly thought that was the law.

The entire show suxxs. Nothing about the show is appealing, the producer is no Jason Matzinger

I don't think I'd personally boycott a product just because upto 1/3 of the ownership is an outlaw idiot, now if he continues to be part of the face of the company going forward I would. Think my thoughts on a boycott would be what happens going forward.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: txbobcat] #6807230 06/28/17 09:16 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
Not really sure why people buy their junk wildgame products anyway.

They must have pics of the Academy CEO doing something he shouldn't have as long as Academy has carried that junk.

Wild game suxs for sure.... some of the other brands not so much...

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6807318 06/28/17 10:56 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

[/quote]

I agree totally - hey, he apologized and said he is sorry so lets just move on - seems to be the way of today's world

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6807370 06/29/17 12:23 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Eastern liberal

I agree totally - hey, he apologized and said he is sorry so lets just move on - seems to be the way of today's world

You are 100% right we should dump all brands because he may own 17%.

So in the mean time who is going to go to their old mfg's facility in Arlington and tell those employees that thier job ain't worth a cow elk or a resident deer tag.

In fact why don't you call all 500 plus employees across 13 plus HUNTING companies and tell them thier job and lively hood arent worth a cow elk that an idiot shot... and is paying restitution for.

I guess I have no moral standing since people's livelihood are more important then a cow elk, in my eyes.

In mean time y'all should burn your ameristep blinds and Plano gun cases and gravedigger broad heads etc...

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6807455 06/29/17 01:35 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

So in the mean time who is going to go to their old mfg's facility in Arlington and tell those employees that thier job ain't worth a cow elk or a resident deer tag.

In fact why don't you call all 500 plus employees across 13 plus HUNTING companies and tell them thier job and lively hood arent worth a cow elk that an idiot shot... and is paying restitution for.

I guess I have no moral standing since people's livelihood are more important then a cow elk, in my eyes.

In mean time y'all should burn your ameristep blinds and Plano gun cases and gravedigger broad heads etc...

I am not burning anything - I just choose not to support a company run by a self admitted lawbreaker - we did not break the law - he did. He and his family can answer to lost jobs and business - maybe HE needs to call all 500 employees and tell them why he did what he did and why they may lose their jobs. If I, or anyone else, chooses not to support someone who breaks the law then I am not sure how that is wrong?

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6807476 06/29/17 01:49 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I am not burning anything - I just choose not to support a company run by a self admitted lawbreaker - we did not break the law - he did. He and his family can answer to lost jobs and business - maybe HE needs to call all 500 employees and tell them why he did what he did and why they may lose their jobs. If I, or anyone else, chooses not to support someone who breaks the law then I am not sure how that is wrong?

You are assuming "he" controls and actually runs those companies. So All companies should be held liable for individual stock holders actions is basically what you are saying? And Your kids should be held liable for your actions also?....good to know.

End of the day he pays his restitution and gets to deal with the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact and not being able to hunt in the majority of the US

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6807491 06/29/17 02:01 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Yep - he is responsible - he is the owner/face of all the companies - you answered your own questions

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6807503 06/29/17 02:08 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Yep - he is responsible - he is the owner/face of all the companies - you answered your own questions

Is he? Or is it his kids....

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6807521 06/29/17 02:19 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
[quote=tlk]Yep - he is responsible - he is the owner/face of all the companies - you answered your own questions

Your defense of this admitted law breaker makes one wonder - seems I see his face on pretty much every TV show they produce - not going to argue anymore with you - you just go right on defending a guy who just pled guilty to breaking game laws

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6807536 06/29/17 02:32 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
[quote=tlk]Yep - he is responsible - he is the owner/face of all the companies - you answered your own questions

Your defense of this admitted law breaker makes one wonder - seems I see his face on pretty much every TV show they produce - not going to argue anymore with you - you just go right on defending a guy who just pled guilty to breaking game laws

Defense? You mean saying hang on people, employees of companies shouldn't have to suffer because shareholders actions...

He is nothing more then a shareholder, it's not hard to see who the officers are of Plano Synergies, takes two seconds.

His kids made him not the other way around.

He can't hunt in 45 states now and paid 23k in fines for his elk calf and won't be on TV any more. Think that fits the crime. Ruining other people's lives over a calf elk I think is a little over the top... but that's your choice.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6807551 06/29/17 03:00 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I really don't see it as I would be ruining others peoples lives by boycotting someone, he did that. It is clear that he doesn't care about them or he would walk a straight line, especially in his field of work. No one likes a cheater in any sport.
And there are a billion dollars a year and X amount of jobs in the hunting industry. If one company goes away, another will take its place.
Sponsors will find someone else and they will hire accordingly. Hunters are going to blow a few paychecks on misc stuff, it is just a matter of who gets it. Same money, same amount of jobs.

Last edited by Simple Searcher; 06/29/17 11:34 AM.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6807556 06/29/17 03:08 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Yes sir you are totally correct It is my choice and I choose not to buy their products .

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6807603 06/29/17 05:35 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

roflmao

Sir you don't know me from squat - so careful making assumptions. I follow game laws

If you want to buy his products then by all means support him. I choose not to. Simple as that

I don't need to know you to know you've broken game laws. EVERYONE who hunts has broken game laws. Have you or I ever done anything that rose to the level of his ignorance. Probably not. But honest people know and admit that with the myriad of laws on the books, we've all broken a few.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Simple Searcher] #6807703 06/29/17 12:47 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I really don't see it as I would be ruining others peoples lives by boycotting someone, he did that. It is clear that he doesn't care about them or he would walk a straight line, especially in his field of work. No one likes a cheater in any sport.
And there are a billion dollars a year and X amount of jobs in the hunting industry. If one company goes away, another will take its place.
Sponsors will find someone else and they will hire accordingly. Hunters are going to blow a few paychecks on misc stuff, it is just a matter of who gets it. Same money, same amount of jobs.

Your call just beware you are not boycotting because of the actions of the CEO, president etc. you are boycotting due to actions of a shareholder.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6807734 06/29/17 01:09 PM
S
Stevarino Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
S
Sounds like most of the negative comments stem from the dislike of their products. I get it.

Something to think about... the family owns and intensely manages 55k acres in Louisiana, voluntarily. From what I've gathered, they've put a lot of time, money, sweat and tears into wildlife conservation. Yeah, I know I know it doesn't excuse the fact he poached, broke more than one game law....he did according to the reports and he was caught, and he'll pay the penalty, but for those of you that want his family and anyone else associated with his company to suffer due to his actions, you need a reality check.

What if society shut you and your family out, hoped for failure for all just because uncle Jim got a DUI? Sound logical?

I don't know Bill, I haven't watched the shows in a couple years, I don't know the last time or if I've ever bought one of their products.. I really don't understand the hatred or the hope that every part of this mans world comes crashing down.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide