Forums46
Topics543,596
Posts9,800,526
Members87,481
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6807797 06/29/17 01:56 PM
G
gary roberson Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I agree that it is alarming how many TV hosts are getting busted for violating game laws. I promise that if I break a game law it is going to be one that I was totally ignorant of and I pray that does not happen. As we travel across the country, game laws change from state to state and some of these violations appear to be honest mistakes...others, like this one, not so much.
Adios,
Gary

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: gary roberson] #6807873 06/29/17 03:15 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: gary roberson
I agree that it is alarming how many TV hosts are getting busted for violating game laws. I promise that if I break a game law it is going to be one that I was totally ignorant of and I pray that does not happen. As we travel across the country, game laws change from state to state and some of these violations appear to be honest mistakes...others, like this one, not so much.
Adios,
Gary

I agree totally -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: gary roberson] #6807878 06/29/17 03:17 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: gary roberson
Adios,
Gary

When you depend on your outfitter or guide to know the laws you put yourself at the mercy of their knowledge. It's gotten more than a few celebrity hunters in hot water.

And no, that isn't what happened here.

Last edited by therancher; 06/29/17 03:18 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6808212 06/29/17 09:36 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Karma sucks.........

An Important Message from:
David E. Dudick, Chief Executive Officer

Over the course of the past 48 hours, Plano Synergy became aware of a situation which required swift and decisive action.
Today, Bill Busbice and Plano Synergy mutually agreed to end their association. Bill Busbice and his partners sold their outdoor brands to Plano Synergy in 2013. Since then, Bill has been providing services under contract to Plano Synergy, principally as a host of the Wildgame Nation television program, until today when that relationship was severed. Plano Synergy will also be cancelling the Wildgame Nation TV show.
Plano Synergy has a culture that is grounded in integrity and great respect for the outdoors. This comes with the expectation that we will always do the right thing. Our decisions will always reflect our commitments to our customers and consumers. We have a deep respect for the law, tradition and the ethical practices of our sports. We take pride in serving our industry and promote the fair and lawful practices of game hunting. Every day we strive to be a company that is trustworthy, respectful and fair with our consumers, employees, customers and business partners.
We thank you for your trust.
Sincerely,

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Jgraider] #6808231 06/29/17 10:12 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Karma sucks.........

An Important Message from:
David E. Dudick, Chief Executive Officer

Over the course of the past 48 hours, Plano Synergy became aware of a situation which required swift and decisive action.
Today, Bill Busbice and Plano Synergy mutually agreed to end their association. Bill Busbice and his partners sold their outdoor brands to Plano Synergy in 2013. Since then, Bill has been providing services under contract to Plano Synergy, principally as a host of the Wildgame Nation television program, until today when that relationship was severed. Plano Synergy will also be cancelling the Wildgame Nation TV show.
Plano Synergy has a culture that is grounded in integrity and great respect for the outdoors. This comes with the expectation that we will always do the right thing. Our decisions will always reflect our commitments to our customers and consumers. We have a deep respect for the law, tradition and the ethical practices of our sports. We take pride in serving our industry and promote the fair and lawful practices of game hunting. Every day we strive to be a company that is trustworthy, respectful and fair with our consumers, employees, customers and business partners.
We thank you for your trust.
Sincerely,

Well I'll be dang - a large corporation actually did the right thing. About time - I sent an email to Planos CEO and thanked him for taking a stand

Last edited by tlk; 06/29/17 10:47 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6808257 06/29/17 10:45 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: tlk
Originally Posted By: Eastern liberal

This support for poachers and idiots these days is sad and alarming.

I agree totally - hey, he apologized and said he is sorry so lets just move on - seems to be the way of today's world

You are 100% right we should dump all brands because he may own 17%.

So in the mean time who is going to go to their old mfg's facility in Arlington and tell those employees that thier job ain't worth a cow elk or a resident deer tag.

In fact why don't you call all 500 plus employees across 13 plus HUNTING companies and tell them thier job and lively hood arent worth a cow elk that an idiot shot... and is paying restitution for.

I guess I have no moral standing since people's livelihood are more important then a cow elk, in my eyes.

In mean time y'all should burn your ameristep blinds and Plano gun cases and gravedigger broad heads etc...

well guess we didn't have to dump him - his company did - says a lot doesn't it?

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6808310 06/29/17 11:32 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
TLK I have no idea what your point is.... FYI his son is still President of Plano synergies for a reason... also below is what I said early. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe just really good at foreshadowing

I don't think I'd personally boycott a product just because upto 1/3 of the ownership is an outlaw idiot, now if he continues to be part of the face of the company going forward I would. Think my thoughts on a boycott would be what happens going forward.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6808317 06/29/17 11:38 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
TLK I have no idea what your point is.... FYI his son is still President of Plano synergies because they still have shares of Plano Syn ... also below is what I said early. Maybe I'm just really good at foreshadowing

I don't think I'd personally boycott a product just because upto 1/3 of the ownership is an outlaw idiot, now if he continues to be part of the face of the company going forward I would. Think my thoughts on a boycott would be what happens going forward.

My POINT IS - if you have watched the show you know his boys are right in the middle of this too -

Last edited by tlk; 06/29/17 11:43 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6808325 06/29/17 11:47 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I really don't see it as I would be ruining others peoples lives by boycotting someone, he did that. It is clear that he doesn't care about them or he would walk a straight line, especially in his field of work. No one likes a cheater in any sport.
And there are a billion dollars a year and X amount of jobs in the hunting industry. If one company goes away, another will take its place.
Sponsors will find someone else and they will hire accordingly. Hunters are going to blow a few paychecks on misc stuff, it is just a matter of who gets it. Same money, same amount of jobs.

Your call just beware you are not boycotting because of the actions of the CEO, president etc. you are boycotting due to actions of a shareholder.

Heck I might have boycotted them, but I don't buy any of their products.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6808343 06/30/17 12:00 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I really don't see it as I would be ruining others peoples lives by boycotting someone, he did that. It is clear that he doesn't care about them or he would walk a straight line, especially in his field of work. No one likes a cheater in any sport.
And there are a billion dollars a year and X amount of jobs in the hunting industry. If one company goes away, another will take its place.
Sponsors will find someone else and they will hire accordingly. Hunters are going to blow a few paychecks on misc stuff, it is just a matter of who gets it. Same money, same amount of jobs.

Your call just beware you are not boycotting because of the actions of the CEO, president etc. you are boycotting due to actions of a shareholder.

All of you calling him just a "shareholder" - give me a break - he has been and is the face of the TV show and all the products. If he was just a "shareholder" then Planos CEO would not have sent a public announcement stating they removed him from everything associated with their product - pretty weak argument -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6808375 06/30/17 12:36 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
TLK I have no idea what your point is.... FYI his son is still President of Plano synergies because they still have shares of Plano Syn ... also below is what I said early. Maybe I'm just really good at foreshadowing

My POINT IS - if you have watched the show you know his boys are right in the middle of this too -

Not a point that's an assumption which is basically slander.

Like I said he son is still President.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6808383 06/30/17 12:45 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

All of you calling him just a "shareholder" - give me a break - he has been and is the face of the TV show and all the products. If he was just a "shareholder" then Planos CEO would not have sent a public announcement stating they removed him from everything associated with their product - pretty weak argument -

Give me a break.... Does he run the company? Does he manage anything... sorry he is a contract 1099 employee with lots of stock shares... is that better? He doesn't run crap,

You boycotting dos equis if the most interesting man in the world gets a DUI?

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Simple Searcher] #6808384 06/30/17 12:47 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Heck I might have boycotted them, but I don't buy any of their products.

Blood sport and tenzing for most part are best companies under the umbrella although Plano does have a higher end line of gun cases.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6808389 06/30/17 12:53 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Give me a break.... Does he run the company? Does he manage anything... sorry he is a contract 1099 employee with lots of stock shares... is that better? He doesn't run crap,

You boycotting dos equis if the most interesting man in the world gets a DUI?

Out

Last edited by tlk; 06/30/17 01:08 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6808397 06/30/17 01:06 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
That's a trifling BS response

I haven't defended him...just defended the jobs of the people that work at companies he holds stock in

, but you have stated you want all those companies and employees jobless because of the idiotic actions of a guy that doesn't make management decisions for the company nor holds management title etc. or work in any other form other then a titled tv show. Then you go on to slander his kids when you realize that he is just a shareholder at this point and doesn't actually do anything with in the company roflmao Now that's classy

Nice edit by the way. I think it's kind of funny. Show was cancelled... by network, CEO say Bill is no longer associated with the company...ya because his only function was the TV show....like I said just a shareholder

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 06/30/17 01:11 AM.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6808403 06/30/17 01:12 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

I haven't defended him...just defended the jobs of the people that work at companies he holds stock in

, but you have stated you want all those companies and employees jobless because of the idiotic actions of a guy that doesn't make management decisions for the company nor holds management title etc. or work in any other form other then a titled tv show. Then you go on to slander his kids when you realize that he is just a shareholder at this point and doesn't actually do anything roflmao Now that's classy

Last edited by tlk; 06/30/17 01:26 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: tlk] #6808424 06/30/17 01:29 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

, but you have stated you want all those companies and employees jobless because of the idiotic actions of a guy that doesn't make management decisions for the company nor holds management title etc. or work in any other form other then a titled tv show. Then you go on to slander his kids when you realize that he is just a shareholder at this point and doesn't actually do anything roflmao Now that's classy

please answer one question - if he was "just a shareholder" why did Planos CEO issue his statement disassociating themselves from this guy and why did they cancel his TV show? I did not do that - they did - address your future defense of him to the Plano corporation

I already said earlier way up at the top(and quoted it again for you ) I wouldn't boycott those companies unless management allowed Bill to be public facing in conjunction with their brand. You are assuming he was paid to be on the show, if he was it would of been 1099(he is worth a 100mill)... its outdoor channel it's not exactly A&E. End of the day his clout within that company is nothing more then as a voting shareholder.

The Outdoor Network canceled the show...Plano Synergies just reaffirmed it for public acknowledgment as they should of.

His two sons started that company by making deer blocks in the kitchen... bill is a tag alone and never has been presentable for the general public has in my opinion

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6808481 06/30/17 02:46 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
we all know its all about money and greed for more

pure and simple

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6812554 07/05/17 01:26 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
You gotta step down on one side of the fence or the other. Either you support what bill did or you don't. Bills employees were making money for him and bill let them down. Men with character who stand by their convictions have nothing to do with bill busbice's employees.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6817795 07/10/17 02:52 AM
W
westexhunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Tools never liked any of them

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6817803 07/10/17 03:05 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

You way overthink stuff sometimes. Or maybe just trying to support/rationalize your initial post of support. He is front and center of the TV show and company. Period. He is a poacher. Period. Choosing not to support poachers is a rational, indeed normal, response for ethical hunters to make.

Your position is like the guy down in the OT blaming the Wal Mart clerk for elder fraud. Analogy alert: Do you buy chitty products because you feel sorry for the poor folks who work for the chitty companies that make them? Geez.....

As was said, the employees work for the company that chose to feature the idiot blowhard lawbreaker. They should be looking to him as the source of their troubles, not the customers who choose not to support the company that features him as its face.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6818510 07/10/17 08:19 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

You way overthink stuff sometimes. Or maybe just trying to support/rationalize your initial post of support. He is front and center of the TV show and company. Period. He is a poacher. Period. Choosing not to support poachers is a rational, indeed normal, response for ethical hunters to make.

Your position is like the guy down in the OT blaming the Wal Mart clerk for elder fraud. Analogy alert: Do you buy chitty products because you feel sorry for the poor folks who work for the chitty companies that make them? Geez.....

As was said, the employees work for the company that chose to feature the idiot blowhard lawbreaker. They should be looking to him as the source of their troubles, not the customers who choose not to support the company that features him as its face.

The company broke ties will Bill, there for I choose to continue to support a company that has great hardworking people working there. A company breaking ties with a poacher is what should and did happen, but apparently that's not enough, now you are wanting everyone working under the Plano Synergies umbrella finically hurt... for the actions of a infomercial tri-co-host that has been excommunicated from the company and entire industry.

Who wishes that kind of harm on people? Make sure you say grace before dinner tonight!!!

I'm sorry that you feel Plano products are inferior to what you buy. I'm also sorry you feel the people who work under the Plano umbrella are inferior to you also. What kind of sicko condemns 600 plus people for actions of a contract TV personality. I guess the fact he was fined $23k and lost his hunting rights in 45 states, removed from TV and removed from any affiliation with Plano Synergies umbrella isn't enough you, so now you want to see financial hardships on anyone working for a company he is no longer associated with.

You can keep your ethics and what you consider morally right. Apparently boycotting isn't about removal or corrective action it's about destroying..

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6818538 07/10/17 08:39 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Anyone who has an opinion one way or the other on this own any significant portion of the company or stock?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6819456 07/11/17 06:27 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

The company broke ties will Bill, there for I choose to continue to support a company that has great hardworking people working there. A company breaking ties with a poacher is what should and did happen, but apparently that's not enough, now you are wanting everyone working under the Plano Synergies umbrella finically hurt... for the actions of a infomercial tri-co-host that has been excommunicated from the company and entire industry.

Who wishes that kind of harm on people? Make sure you say grace before dinner tonight!!!

I'm sorry that you feel Plano products are inferior to what you buy. I'm also sorry you feel the people who work under the Plano umbrella are inferior to you also. What kind of sicko condemns 600 plus people for actions of a contract TV personality. I guess the fact he was fined $23k and lost his hunting rights in 45 states, removed from TV and removed from any affiliation with Plano Synergies umbrella isn't enough you, so now you want to see financial hardships on anyone working for a company he is no longer associated with.

You can keep your ethics and what you consider morally right. Apparently boycotting isn't about removal or corrective action it's about destroying..

Like I said, way overthinking it. Every buying choice one makes excludes every other company who makes a similar product. Oh, the horror of those poor employees that work for the companies whose product I did not buy. smile

FWIW, I have a brain. Busbice is not the face of every one of the companies listed (by someone else) above. He is the face of the TV show and the Wildgame products. It's not a hardship on me anyway, as I have always disliked the drunken clown and never knowingly bought his stuff.

Your disdain for ethics and rationalizing support for every clown that has a TV show and/or kills stuff under the guise of hunting is what's wrong with much of the state of hunting these days. The poachers and clowns are not my brothers and they do not represent most hunters. Certainly not those who know what hunting is really all about.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Bill Busbice - Wildgame Nation - Sentenced for Elk Poaching in Wyoming [Re: cowboy412] #6819497 07/11/17 07:02 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Actually If you watched the show Plano Synergies highlights all its brands, Cross bows, arrows, broadheads, cases, evolved supplements, flextime game calls, cameras, optics... and it's plastered all over

My disdain for ethics!!! LMAO says the guy that degrades people hunts and gets banned for it. How is supporting a company for excommunicating him, supporting a poacher. I thought you just bragged about a brain.

I didn't defend his actions in anyway I simply said let's see what the Plano Synergies does going forward. He remains then boycott. If he is removed and gone, then they did right thing. They got rid of him. I guess your brain didn't process that? No I don't want other innocent people to suffer finically for an association that is no longer there, but your superior morality and religious upbringing does... that's a special kind of religion right there.

Typical of most shake down artists, their moral compass and religious preception only pretains to what appeases or might influence public perception. God bless thier hearts.

Obviously your moral compass has a floating needle compared to mine. Mine was appeased with his removal, yours still wants financial hardships for those employees. You truly are special.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide