Forums46
Topics538,441
Posts9,737,089
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: charlesb] #6493909 10/13/16 05:22 PM
7x57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: charlesb
Originally Posted By: iliketohunt
I have no issue with it. The people that listen to them are just as dumb as the clerks. They can have at it.
I go, I buy, I leave.

You have hit the nail right square on the head, there.

If I want good advice, I ask here at THF, or at an honest to Gawd gun shop. (Which we all really should be supporting)

The answer on THF is always: 6.5 Creedmoor.

On a serious note, I always try to give business to the local shops. My dad had put a deposit on a safe yearssssss ago and the LGS called us and asked if they could sell it because they had a customer that wanted it right then and there. We said no problem and had them order us a new one, but somewhere along that timeline someone broke into our business and stole most of the guns we had so we never went back to pay it off and eventually just forgot about it. 16 years later, I was looking for a rifle and half jokingly mentioned it to the owner that we had at one point had a $1200 or so deposit down on a safe and if it would still be good. He said if I could find the receipt, he would make it good. Dad went and dug it up in his files and sure enough the owner honored it 16 years later. I will probably never buy a gun anywhere else, regardless of it being maybe a couple of hundred dollars higher with him, a man that can keep his word on something like that after so many years deserves my business.

Prior to this, I had gone to academy with my dad to buy a rifle he wanted for his birthday and he had forgot his reading glasses. I was telling him what the form said on one of the portions and the guy at the counter started scolding me and told me he should rip the form up and report us for illegally purchasing firearms because I was helping my dad fill out the form. I ripped the form up for him and told him he could keep his gun, then informed the managers why I was not going to be spending money at their store that day and went and bought it somewhere else.

I guess you can't really expect much for what they're paid, if it was higher they might be able to get a little picky with the selection process. Thing that gets me is that these are the same people trying to vote for someone that'll give them $15/hr or whatever the hell amount it was.

Last edited by 7x57; 10/13/16 07:17 PM.
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: 7x57] #6494023 10/13/16 06:59 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: 7x57
I have no issue with it. The people that listen to them are just as dumb as the clerks. They can have at it.
I go, I buy, I leave.

If I want good advice, I ask here at THF, or at an honest to Gawd gun shop. (Which we all really should be supporting)

On a serious note, I always try to give business to the local shops. My dad had put a deposit on a safe yearssssss ago and the LGS called us and asked if they could sell it because they had a customer that wanted it right then and there. We said no problem and had them order us a new one, but somewhere along that timeline they broke into our business and stole most of the guns we had so we never went back to pay it off and eventually just forgot about it. 16 years later, I was looking for a rifle and half jokingly mentioned it to the owner that we had at one point had a $1200 or so deposit down on a safe and if it would still be good. He said if I could find the receipt, he would make it good. Dad went and dug it up in his files and sure enough the owner honored it 16 years later. I will probably never buy a gun anywhere else, regardless of it being maybe a couple of hundred dollars higher with him, a man that can keep his word on something like that after so many years deserves my business.

Prior to this, I had gone to academy with my dad to buy a rifle he wanted for his birthday and he had forgot his reading glasses. I was telling him what the form said on one of the portions and the guy at the counter started scolding me and told me he should rip the form up and report us for illegally purchasing firearms because I was helping my dad fill out the form. I ripped the form up for him and told him he could keep his gun, then informed the managers why I was not going to be spending money at their store that day and went and bought it somewhere else.

I guess you can't really expect much for what they're paid, if it was higher they might be able to get a little picky with the selection process. Thing that gets me is that these are the same people trying to vote for someone that'll give them $15/hr or whatever the hell amount it was.

Wait, the gun store employees broke into your business and stole all of your guns, and you still patronize that business?

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: TFF Caribou] #6494035 10/13/16 07:07 PM
R
ralph Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
I go, I buy, I leave.

On a serious note, I always try to give business to the local shops. My dad had put a deposit on a safe yearssssss ago and the LGS called us and asked if they could sell it because they had a customer that wanted it right then and there. We said no problem and had them order us a new one, but somewhere along that timeline they broke into our business and stole most of the guns we had so we never went back to pay it off and eventually just forgot about it. 16 years later, I was looking for a rifle and half jokingly mentioned it to the owner that we had at one point had a $1200 or so deposit down on a safe and if it would still be good. He said if I could find the receipt, he would make it good. Dad went and dug it up in his files and sure enough the owner honored it 16 years later. I will probably never buy a gun anywhere else, regardless of it being maybe a couple of hundred dollars higher with him, a man that can keep his word on something like that after so many years deserves my business.

Wait, the gun store employees broke into your business and stole all of your guns, and you still patronize that business?

LOL...that is what it says roflmao

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: TFF Caribou] #6494053 10/13/16 07:16 PM
7x57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker

hammer If that is what you think I meant, sure.

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: charlesb] #6494077 10/13/16 07:26 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: charles

If I go into a store to look at the product, ask questions, ask for opinions, etc, then I will buy the item there unless it's WAY higher than somewhere else. If I do my own research online, then I'm going for the best price. If a local place is close on price, then I'll buy there.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: SapperTitan] #6494200 10/13/16 09:20 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I've seen my LGS match Academy's price on a couple of guns. I don't particularly care for that LGS but I thought that was decent.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: SapperTitan] #6494280 10/13/16 10:38 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
"We said no problem and had them order us a new one, but somewhere along that timeline they broke into our business and stole most of the guns we had so we never went back to pay it off"

That's what it says.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: TFF Caribou] #6494373 10/13/16 11:56 PM
7x57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
"We said no problem and had them order us a new one, but somewhere along that timeline they broke into our business and stole most of the guns we had so we never went back to pay it off"

That's what it says.

Pretty sure you know what I meant, as would most people. Like I said, if that's what you think then sure. Idk what to tell you, sir.

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: SapperTitan] #6494386 10/14/16 12:08 AM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
English is hard.

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: TFF Caribou] #6494391 10/14/16 12:13 AM
M
MacDaddy21 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
English is hard.

LOL

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: SapperTitan] #6494701 10/14/16 04:34 AM
westexhunt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Entertaining thread. I usually walk by the gun counter at the San Angelo Academy and ask if they have any 6.5 creedmoor rifles just to hear their reply for entertainment. A couple guys know a little, most don't. One young kid last week pointed out the savage stealth on the shelf. Followed by "that's a really good caliber, I haven't shot it much.... actually I've never shot it." It was kind of a drawn out sentence with a pause after I haven't shot it much. At least he ended up being honest.

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: SapperTitan] #6495064 10/14/16 02:57 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Now thats hard to do. Being honest after you've made an [censored] out of yourself. Kudos to him.

Pee on Photobucket
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: poisonivie] #6495077 10/14/16 03:06 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline OP
Taking Requests
OP Offline
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: poisonivie
Now thats hard to do. Being honest after you've made an [censored] out of yourself. Kudos to him.
one of those times where you say something then instantly think oh shoot what if he starts asking me details and I can't come up with lies as fast as he is asking questions so I better come clean now. Haha

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: TFF Caribou] #6495102 10/14/16 03:21 PM
7x57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
English is hard.

Must be if you can't understand what I'm saying. confused2

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: SapperTitan] #6495142 10/14/16 03:48 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
roflmao rofl
rofl roflmao

Betcha he was shooting a 22-250. peep
I swear, if one of y'all gets triggered^

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: 7x57] #6495724 10/14/16 11:45 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
English is hard.

In your sentence, "they" would reference the same party as the previously used "them". In this case, "them" was referencing the gun shop. Had you used "somebody" instead of "they", which would have been correct, I would have understood.

I wasn't being a smartass when I originally asked the question. I was legitimately confused. Now you're just being obstinate.

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: TFF Caribou] #6495766 10/15/16 12:04 AM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I have to agree that your sentence says the gun shop employees robbed you. Lol there is no other way to read it.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: TFF Caribou] #6495950 10/15/16 02:31 AM
7x57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
English is hard.

In your sentence, "they" would reference the same party as the previously used "them". In this case, "them" was referencing the gun shop. Had you used "somebody" instead of "they", which would have been correct, I would have understood.

I wasn't being a smartass when I originally asked the question. I was legitimately confused. Now you're just being obstinate.

I corrected it immediately after your first post pointing it out. The fact that you continued to antagonize me over it confuses me, since I had already explained the misunderstanding and fixed the sentence. I don't see how I'm being obstinate over something that I already changed? I get how it was technically an incorrect sentence if you were to break it down and scrutinize it.

English isn't my first language and I type pretty much the way I would speak it in person. As I said, most people I know would assume that "they" meant a random party and not the gun store that I was praising and giving my business to. I am sorry if it was confusing, I really don't see it, but if it is then that is just beyond my scope of the language itself and out of my control.

You were right? I don't know what to tell you other than that. bang

Re: Academy gun clerks, who hires these people [Re: SapperTitan] #6496855 10/15/16 11:10 PM
T
T3BEAR Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
On the other hand is Academy having any good sales ?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide