Forums46
Topics538,089
Posts9,732,841
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: Buzzsaw] #6462919 09/22/16 02:37 AM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
Originally Posted By: rtp

Yes, why?

It was phony, photo shopped, I believe in Minnesota, called the Rampolla Buck or something like that.

Look at it this way, If it WAS a new World Record Archery deer, It would be posted EVERYWHERE on the net. I can find it nowhere. Even if it IS real, It was taken under high fence, so it cant be scored by Pope and Young thus cant qualify as a TRUE world record.

I would have to see many more pictures of this deer, at different places, re; taxidermy shop, being scored, etc, etc.

Sorry, I agree with Eddie above, there is nothing to be proud of here, just a science experiment. Not for me or any real ethical hunter. Just my opinions

This isnt my deal either. Im a 100% low fence guy but there is nothing phony about this. FYI, there are other record books besides P&Y or B&C. He never mentioned either of those in his claim of WR. Im sure it is a WR under some scoring system.

Last edited by rtp; 09/22/16 02:38 AM.

Let'em grow old
Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: HEranch] #6463053 09/22/16 04:32 AM
H
HEranch Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
It's really sad how negative people are, Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but as hunters we need to stick together. Divided we fall!!! I made no profit on this deer and made a friends dream come true. I appreciate everyone that was positive. This was a great memory for me and a huge stepping stone for all of the work that has been put into the ranch.

Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: HEranch] #6463151 09/22/16 12:04 PM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: HEranch
It's really sad how negative people are, Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but as hunters we need to stick together. Divided we fall!!! I made no profit on this deer and made a friends dream come true. I appreciate everyone that was positive. This was a great memory for me and a huge stepping stone for all of the work that has been put into the ranch.

Looks like all the work payed off that deer is ridiculous, I'm more of a typical fan myself but that deer is certainly a giant.

Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: STXHO] #6463231 09/22/16 01:20 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: STXHO
Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Congratulations to the guy who has the money for something like this. Sadly, every time I go to my taxidermist and see the non typical racks, the first thing I ask is if it was high fence or not. Seems that there are so many pen raised deer out there that they have lost all meaning to me. Then the story comes out about the size of the pen, and how tame the animal was. It's just harvesting livestock at this point. Even worse is seeing the needle marks in their necks from the steroid injections they get to grow as big as possible. I sure wouldn't eat that meat, you just never know what was done to the animal to get it to grow out like that.

When I was in New Zealand, a very well known outfitter called the guy I was hunting with and asked if he had anybody that wanted to shoot the new world record Red Stag. He was in a 3 acre pen and the first $300,000 is all it would take to kill him. Of course, the world record seems to change every year, sometimes a couple times in a year, and nobody cares anymore because it's all manipulated with diet and drugs.

Eddie,

Can you please share with me what type of steroids are used to maximize growth? Also I have darted a lot of deer and have never seen a mark from the dart. Im curious about this one.

Steroids might be the wrong word since I don't actually know what is injected in to the necks of the big non typicals that I've seen at the taxidermist. He has shown me the tract marks on their capes where they have been injected over and over again. It shows up really good after they are tanned. He called it steroids and I've just reused the term. I guess it could be vitamins, or something else.

Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: Buzzsaw] #6463559 09/22/16 04:50 PM
M
MarkE Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
deer breeding is deer breeding, its not natural. I have nothing against deer breeders and what they are trying to do. it has no place in the hunting arena.

Yeah, it's never made sense to me in regard to "hunting."
I want to catch a black bass bigger than 12 lbs., but I'm not interested in "fishing" at a fish farm with a trophy fee to catch one. It would really be an empty sense of accomplishment.

Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: MarkE] #6463684 09/22/16 06:10 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: MarkE
deer breeding is deer breeding, its not natural. I have nothing against deer breeders and what they are trying to do. it has no place in the hunting arena.

I want to catch a black bass bigger than 12 lbs., but I'm not interested in "fishing" at a fish farm with a trophy fee to catch one. It would really be an empty sense of accomplishment.

That is a very good analogy.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: Mr. T.] #6464094 09/22/16 10:54 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.

Yea.Now we're talking.. cheerleader I had rather pay 100,000 for a truck and boat with all the latest sonar devices when fishing a well known Trophy Bass lake. Or when I hire a professional fishing guide to show me where the hot spots are so I can fish there the next time I bring my boat. They both give some that warm sense of accomplishment.

Last edited by SheepHunter; 09/22/16 11:23 PM.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: LuckyHunter] #6464106 09/22/16 11:02 PM
M
MarkE Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.

Yea... cheerleader I agree I had rather pay 100,000 for a truck and boat with all the latest sonar devices when fishing a well known Trophy Bass lake. Or when I hire a professional fishing guide to show me where the hot spots are so I can fish there the next time I bring my boat. Now they both give me a warm sense of accomplishment.

Is that all it takes? Maybe I should try doing all of that then hammer

Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: HEranch] #6464113 09/22/16 11:08 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
It work's. 4 over 12.... Exception I used a 40k boat and truck.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: LuckyHunter] #6465105 09/23/16 05:38 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
I have no problem hunting a quality large acreage HF ranch. A place where deer were never in breeding pens. They are Not brought in and released. Never had ear tags. The deer numbers and habitat are the management tools of choice.
As to the big buck pictured I can only speculate someway, somehow he got some serious personal attention during his formative years. Each to their own.

You seem to have opinions/lines you will not cross also. So I don't get the disdain for others who draw them a little differently. confused2

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: NEW WORLD ARCHERY WORLD RECORD WHITETAIL 479 7/8" [Re: HEranch] #6465270 09/23/16 07:36 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Good out. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide