Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: whitewing maniac] #6338515 06/17/16 03:34 PM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
In response to their cowardice, Daniel Defense just terminated their contract with Academy to sell their weapons.

Hooray For Them

Good for them, see what happens when other makers follow suit.

That may be true but we are also Hunters/Fishers as well as Football, Baseball, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball (we did all) Parents. We spent a large amount on these activities in addition to my (and my kids) hunting purchases.

I let them know of my disappointment in the decision and that I will take my business elsewhere as the 2nd amendment is not negotiable along with the rest of my RIGHTS.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: txwildcat] #6338555 06/17/16 04:00 PM
A
Auctioneer1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Academy is always the first to fold. I don't buy guns from them anyway.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #6338590 06/17/16 04:32 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
I was told by an insider at Academy that they were pressured from other manufacturers. PING and NIKE were mentioned

Now that's interesting.. scratch

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: txwildcat] #6338609 06/17/16 04:44 PM
F
FoxTrot Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
My wife used to shop there and I guess we could consider her a soccer mom...She wont shop there anymore. I wont. How many soccer moms are married to someone who hunts?

Will this cripple academy? Doubtful...but Im curious to see what it does.

I read somewhere that other firearms manufacturers are about to follow DD in pulling their line from academy.

Originally Posted By: Chief Joe
I avoid Dick's and hope they fold.
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: HuntnFly67] #6338613 06/17/16 04:48 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
It is cowardly of them. And by doing this they are adhering to the liberal propaganda that the firearm was the problem, instead of a person.

Look where the parent company of Academy is based: KKR & Co. L.P. is an American multinational private equity firm, specializing in leveraged buyouts, headquartered in New York City.

KKR doesn't care about anything other than their investors' bottom dollar. Is anyone honestly naive enough to think that just because they cater to a niche hunting and outdoors market that they truly care about it. Academy could be selling widgets to wankers and as long as the wanker's widgets are perceived favorable in the court of public opinion and don't get bad press to possibly impact a stock price they will be happy. The move of pulling ARs makes ignorant soccer moms feel good and encourages them to buy spoiled rotten Johnny Snowflake new soccer cleats.

Some corporation really cares about the values and traditions that you and I hold dear. bs

While I don't dispute your detective work, I still feel Academy could have handled this better. They are obviously pro 2A, or they would not sell firearms, ammunition, and loading components. Therefore they should stand on their own two feet, and educate those soccer moms, instead of pandering to the minority, further weakening the people of this country.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: txwildcat] #6338635 06/17/16 05:05 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Latest stats on hunters.

Quote:
In 2011, according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service (PDF), 15.7 million Americans older than six went hunting. That's nearly 29 million less than went fishing, and 3 million less than went out to watch birds. Back in 1955, about 10 percent of Americans hunted; today it's around 6 percent. Feb 21, 2013

Almost 45 million fishermen, 15.7 million hunters. Out of the 15.7 million hunters, how many even know about Academy's actions??? Probably less than 1/2. How many of you actually buy weapons at Academy??? From the above comments, none, seems that a boycott won't have any effect on their gun sales. Ammo, other supplies yes, but how much do you buy in a year???

In Abilene, Academy is about the only store with a decent selection of fishing gear. I could order online, buy sight unseen, and pay outrageous shipping fees, or go to Walmart and be happy with whatever they have on the shelves.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: txwildcat] #6338761 06/17/16 06:46 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I like Academy, good prices & great cust service if you ever have a problem..

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: txwildcat] #6338797 06/17/16 07:25 PM
N
NewGulf Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
big companies always cower to this kind of crap...they'll be back out sooner than later

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: T Bone] #6338964 06/17/16 10:09 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: T Bone
I like Academy, good prices & great cust service if you ever have a problem..

Agreed. I have only ever purchased 1 gun there but on fishing tackle, ammo, camo clothing and the many other things needed to hunt/fish, they have good quality and good prices. Plus, my son can get his shoes there.

Am I disappointed in them? Maybe a little, but I will still shop there. Now Target, Heck no!

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: paisano] #6339004 06/17/16 10:51 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I was not aware of Academy's politics and I am sick over it. I have spent thousands of dollars in this organization and to think that any of my hard earned cash has gone to any democrat is repugnant. I am a Conservative who loves this country and our beloved Constitution and Bill of Rights. I will not buy there again if this is correct. I suggest that those of you who value our 2nd Amendment also consider boycotting this establishment. I know we have many alternatives including Bass Pro, Cabelas, and even Walmart.

I was advised that HEB is also owned by a staunch liberal who also is a large Donor to the democrats. Needless to say I will rarely go to HEB.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: paisano] #6339005 06/17/16 10:53 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I was not aware of Academy's politics and I am sick over it. I have spent thousands of dollars in this organization and to think that any of my hard earned cash has gone to any democrat is repugnant. I am a Conservative who loves this country and our beloved Constitution and Bill of Rights. I will not buy there again if this is correct. I suggest that those of you who value our 2nd Amendment also consider boycotting this establishment. I know we have many alternatives including Bass Pro, Cabelas, and even Walmart.

I was advised that HEB is also owned by a staunch liberal who also is a large Donor to the democrats. Needless to say I will rarely go to HEB.

Re: Academy and AR-15s [Re: paisano] #6339495 06/18/16 12:28 PM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Daniel Defense removing Academy.

Breaking News: Daniel Defense Terminates Agreement with Academy Sports

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/06/1...academy-sports/

Make America Great Again

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: J.G.] #6339577 06/18/16 01:59 PM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
It is cowardly of them. And by doing this they are adhering to the liberal propaganda that the firearm was the problem, instead of a person.

Look where the parent company of Academy is based: KKR & Co. L.P. is an American multinational private equity firm, specializing in leveraged buyouts, headquartered in New York City.

KKR doesn't care about anything other than their investors' bottom dollar. Is anyone honestly naive enough to think that just because they cater to a niche hunting and outdoors market that they truly care about it. Academy could be selling widgets to wankers and as long as the wanker's widgets are perceived favorable in the court of public opinion and don't get bad press to possibly impact a stock price they will be happy. The move of pulling ARs makes ignorant soccer moms feel good and encourages them to buy spoiled rotten Johnny Snowflake new soccer cleats.

Some corporation really cares about the values and traditions that you and I hold dear. bs

While I don't dispute your detective work, I still feel Academy could have handled this better. They are obviously pro 2A, or they would not sell firearms, ammunition, and loading components. Therefore they should stand on their own two feet, and educate those soccer moms, instead of pandering to the minority, further weakening the people of this country.

With all the misinformation and deception being propagated, I was thinking this could be an opportunity to educate those willing to listen.

I come across many that have no experience or whose only knowledge is what is written in the MSM. For those willing to listen, it is pretty easy to share personal experiences that prove the gun grabber propaganda as false.

Re: Academy and AR-15s [Re: Tbar] #6340435 06/19/16 02:16 PM
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Tbar
Daniel Defense removing Academy.

Breaking News: Daniel Defense Terminates Agreement with Academy Sports

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/06/1...academy-sports/

Wish all manufacturing companies would have a pair of balls like that and we wouldn't have this issue again and price gouging.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: Flashprism] #6340450 06/19/16 02:40 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Flashprism

See the facts here.

http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/charles-butt.asp?cycle=14

To be determined
Re: Academy and AR-15s [Re: paisano] #6344507 06/23/16 02:22 AM
C
Carlton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
Sure hope this changes! Been a long time customer of Academy, not anymore.

Carlton, guide at www.oxhuntingranch.com
Drive & Shoot Tanks! www.drivetanks.com
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: Dry Fire] #6344588 06/23/16 03:14 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
In response to their cowardice, Daniel Defense just terminated their contract with Academy to sell their weapons.

Hooray For Them

Just a little tidbit to point out about the Daniel Defense deal.
Academy did not carry Daniel Defense and never has.
It is really easy to tell a huge account they can no longer buy your products when you have nothing to lose in the deal!
Daniel Defense was taking advantage of this for publicity. It worked and did not cost them a dime!
My big distributors I work with are laughing at this and the reaction to it
I'm not defending Academy's decision here but I think it is funny how everyone is praising DD.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: huntwest] #6345071 06/23/16 04:23 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: huntwest
It is really easy to tell a huge account they can no longer buy your products when you have nothing to lose in the deal!
Daniel Defense was taking advantage of this for publicity. It worked and did not cost them a dime!
I'm not defending Academy's decision here but I think it is funny how everyone is praising DD.

Not surprising at all.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: paisano] #6345087 06/23/16 04:39 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
The Academy as in Sunday's paper had a few AR's on sale. Looked like business as usual confused2

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: huntwest] #6345188 06/23/16 06:14 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: huntwest

Hooray For Them

they like drama

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: paisano] #6345311 06/23/16 07:49 PM
S
SapperTitan Online Content
Taking Requests
Online Content
Taking Requests
S
id never buy an AR from a big store but I will continue buying the stuff i need from there. Sports equipment, fishing and outdoors stuff and so on so fourth.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: paisano] #6345865 06/24/16 05:25 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Talk about segregating. Their knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction is not good no matter what. Sales guys are rediculous many times at what they do to make numbers. If they never stocked their fire arms what is the point?? Now the DD sales guys want everyone to buy from them since they are superior and better instead of working with businesses.

Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: J.G.] #6345899 06/24/16 11:32 AM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

This is something we all need to do when we can.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: Stompy] #6347146 06/25/16 02:14 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
They have brought this up to my wife on occasion. She says "talk to my husband, and you will understand."

Got me a keeper!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Academy Removing AR15 [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #6347858 06/26/16 04:30 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
I was told by an insider at Academy that they were pressured from other manufacturers. PING and NIKE were mentioned

This is a part of why big-box stores suck in my opinion.

Rarely have I purchased from Academy and never has it been firearms or firearms/hunting related.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide