Forums46
Topics538,088
Posts9,732,833
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6342008 06/20/16 08:55 PM
M
Misfire Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: Western
Possibly wont effect either companies bottom line, but I think it shows some backbone by DD not to cave to PC pressure, this story also made the weekend news, so it is getting out...

Could you imagine if Cabelas, or BPS did the same thing as Academy, they also probably derive most monies from non-gun sales.

I personally applaud DD for being that "drop in the bucket" just on principle.

Like wise but bet the motivation is dual purpose.

It will effect DD way more then Academy. DD just out marketed thier competition by a mile, and it cost them less then a major magazine type ad.

Brilliant on DD's part.

Exactly!

"I wanna go fast" -Ricky Bobby

"Mind bottling isn't it?" -Chazz Michael Michaels

Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6342032 06/20/16 09:25 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Possibly wont effect either companies bottom line, but I think it shows some backbone by DD not to cave to PC pressure, this story also made the weekend news, so it is getting out...

Could you imagine if Cabelas, or BPS did the same thing as Academy, they also probably derive most monies from non-gun sales.

It will effect DD way more then Academy. DD just out marketed thier competition by a mile, and it cost them less then a major magazine type ad.

Brilliant on DD's part.

Agree, but I think that is a secondary result, bet they'd do it just on principle, which is the narrative of their public statement. Just so happens that it is a positive in the light of non PC folks. In other words, I bet they would have done it irregardless of the results, just for the point.

Compare Academy's decision to other like retailers,,,,, Don't see the big boys jumping on their "bandwagon" in like fashion, so the fallout seems to work for DD (within the shooting community), to where the same result seems to be a negative for Academy.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Misfire] #6342051 06/20/16 09:45 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Maybe maybe not. Academy only has maybe 4 A stores meaning the best of the best. I'm betting they probably didn't sell more then 100 DD rifles a years.

When you add in the payment terms that your big box stores demand.... It becomes an easier choice.

Probably an easy decision, now if they where like Remington or Savage selling a million plus plus a year to them, might of been a different out come. I'd like to think it wouldn't matter but deep down I'd say it would

Two things to think about when you look at gun sales. Find a Walmart near Academy and look at gun selection at Walmart... Highly limited. Second all the Gander mountain opening are specifically to compete with Academy on firearm sales.

Academy is a major budget gun seller. Much more then people realize. I don't know post 2013 numbers but pre 2013 floored me.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6342062 06/20/16 09:52 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

Brilliant on DD's part.

I believe Daniel Defense is cutting their nose to spite their face. Several years ago DD got into a short losing battle with the NFL and Fox Network over a Superbowl ad. NFL and Fox did not suffer any lost revenue. I was in Academy store Saturday and it was full of people buying fishing and golf and exercise equipment along with Yeti coolers. I went in to ask about AR-15 specifically, salesman was very nice, even told me where to find their ARs online within their website. JMO

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Misfire] #6342069 06/20/16 09:57 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I doubt DD had an exclusive for AR type firearms there, but IDK, haven't been in Academy in years. I do know that DD is not the "budget" AR as compared to bushy and a few others sold at most small retailers. They may not be Larue tactical quality IDK, I have only ever use Colts. Low sales compared to a cheaper, like rifle is no surprise to me, but who would really know? From the way I understand it, Academy benched them all, irregardless of manufacture and where clearly going for their "PC points" IMO, classic "backfire" as far as DD is concerned.

Dennis

Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Western] #6342501 06/21/16 10:28 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Irregardless is not a word!

Love you, carry on.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Misfire] #6342535 06/21/16 11:39 AM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Quote:
Usage Discussion of irregardless
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

confused2

Pee on Photobucket
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: J.G.] #6342649 06/21/16 01:33 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Love you, carry on.
clap

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: J.G.] #6342658 06/21/16 01:38 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Love you, carry on.

Love you too brudda, you still free Saturday night?

"Although editors purge irregardless from most published writing, the term is alive and well in spoken English and is recorded in most dictionaries. Those who use it may do so to add emphasis.

The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one. That said, to avoid the wrath of your grammar-loving friends, it’s safest to avoid"

http://blog.dictionary.com/is-irregardless-a-word/

Dennis

Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Misfire] #6342682 06/21/16 01:54 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
roflmao roflmao

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Misfire] #6342826 06/21/16 03:54 PM
R
Red Cloud Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
flag Daniel Defence has guaranteed my support.

Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Western] #6343271 06/21/16 11:33 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
albeit a clunky one. That said, to avoid the wrath of your grammar-loving friends, it’s safest to avoid"

I was going to throw three bsbsbs flags.

^^Until I read that part of the quote.^^

grin

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Misfire] #6343403 06/22/16 01:17 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
roflmao

I understand the "hostility" JG, hard for a fella to have a hell of a shop, then only put on one set of sliding doors on it bang grin

Dennis

Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: Misfire] #6344600 06/23/16 03:22 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I put this on the other thread about Academy and ARs.
Don't go thinking that Daniel Defense is forfeiting anything here. Academy did not carry DD.
It is easy to take the high road when it is not costing you a dime.
I work for a competing AR manufacturer and wish we would have thought of this!

Last edited by huntwest; 06/23/16 03:25 AM.
Re: Daniel Defense ends relationship with Academy Sports and Outdoors [Re: huntwest] #6347935 06/26/16 12:19 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: huntwest
I put this on the other thread about Academy and ARs.
Don't go thinking that Daniel Defense is forfeiting anything here. Academy did not carry DD.
It is easy to take the high road when it is not costing you a dime.
I work for a competing AR manufacturer and wish we would have thought of this!

Exactly. DD is getting accolades it doesn't deserve.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide