Forums46
Topics538,078
Posts9,732,734
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 4 deer from Medina County test positive for CWD [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5875359 08/12/15 06:47 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Good news is though after CWD kills all the whitetails, we will still have Axis and fallow cheers

Ha! My luck. I've been killing them off.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: 4 deer from Medina County test positive for CWD [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5875474 08/12/15 07:39 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: therancher
CWD to alzheimers is apples to aardvarks.

Alzheimers isn't an infection. What little is known about CWD includes the fact that it is an infection, it's not an easy to get infection, and it is host specific.

I learned last night that they have tried to implant the prions directly into brains and cause the disease in axis and fallow deer, and couldn't achieve a clinical infection. So, it seems that those two species of exotic cervids are clear of any suspicions.

You cant have two very similar prions that look very similar but one has the ability to be contiguous, the other internally grown?

How do prions propagate like a virus?

Like I said the scientific community is still wavering back and forth on Alzheimer's and prions...

According to what I read, prions ARE the infectious form of proteins. All are contageous in the specific host. The contagion is the template that is formed by irregular folding that causes normal proteins to fold to fit the template, and then they replicate exponentially.

Based on what little we know, the "infection" is caused by introduction of the flawed protein (prion). The susceptability of the normal proteins to replicate on the flawed template, or to somehow resist replicating on the flawed template, could be based on a host specific gene code. But based on the studies I've seen, introduction and transmission of prions is a function of mechanics, not spontaineous generation based on genetics.

Regardless, as long as the powers that be continue to follow failed tactical protocols, we'll never be able to develop successful strategies to acheive the goals of containment/eradication.

Trying to explain that to state officials is pretty frustrating.

Last edited by therancher; 08/12/15 07:41 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide