Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: kdkane1971] #5871713 08/10/15 02:34 PM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: kdkane1971
Originally Posted By: Elkhunter49
I can't cut and paste on my phone, will someone PM men the ranch that's being discussed here if no one is willing to post it?

H5

Thank you sir!!!

A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart.
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5871731 08/10/15 02:55 PM
L
LuckyHunter Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Aggieman08 stepped up and handled this the proper way without a THF bashing.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5807146/3

Way to be a man sir. up

Last edited by SheepHunter; 08/10/15 02:56 PM.
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5871944 08/10/15 05:43 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I wanna know more about these Texas mountains and exotic bluegill

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5872170 08/10/15 08:14 PM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Exotic Bluegill bolt

Last edited by sparrish8; 08/10/15 08:14 PM.
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5872184 08/10/15 08:18 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Exotic enough?

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: dgilbert] #5872246 08/10/15 08:50 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline OP
Minor in training
OP Offline
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: dgilbert
That high dollar place?
Yep. Someone let it out of the bag.
I really hope it's ignorance and not intentional misleading. Overpricing and undermining reputable THFers aside, this is messed up...

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: H5Patrick] #5872799 08/11/15 02:20 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: H5Patrick
That's too funny! If you look at our prices compared to the other ranches, which I have, we are on par with every other one. I have looked at and compared prices with upwards of 20 other ranches. If you don't like the prices of our ranch, then you do not have to hunt there. But bashing another ranch because you haven't done your research, is a bit immature.

I think the OP's questions were directed towards the misrepresentation of the Corsican sheep not the prices posted

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5872802 08/11/15 02:22 AM
H
H5Patrick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
We would most definitely not knowingly put an incorrect description or try to mislead anyone in anyway. It looks to be an unfortunate mistake that was overlooked and it will be corrected immediately. I apologize for the uproar this has caused, and I certainly apologize that me "bumping" our "overpriced hunts" has offended anyone. I have done my best to make sure that our prices are in line with everywhere else, and done research to back that. The sika, that everyone seems to think is priced to high, is definitely higher than I have seen at other places. I have not lied or tried to mislead anyone on that price. Unfortunately, we are into him for quite a bit more, hence the higher price.

Patrick Meyer
H5 Trophy Ranches http://www.h5trophyranches.com
Patrick.r.meyer@gmail.com
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: txtrophy85] #5872805 08/11/15 02:23 AM
H
H5Patrick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
That's too funny! If you look at our prices compared to the other ranches, which I have, we are on par with every other one. I have looked at and compared prices with upwards of 20 other ranches. If you don't like the prices of our ranch, then you do not have to hunt there. But bashing another ranch because you haven't done your research, is a bit immature.

I think the OP's questions were directed towards the misrepresentation of the Corsican sheep not the prices posted

I meant to quote the one guy that seemed to be attacking our ranch. That was not directed at the group in general. My apologies. As for the descriptions, they will be taken down and put back up when corrected. The rest of the website will be gone through with a fine tooth comb, as to not have any issues like this again.

Patrick Meyer
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: kdkane1971] #5872811 08/11/15 02:26 AM
H
H5Patrick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
I wonder if they have read this yet so maybe they can clear it up...

He might be too caught up in bumping all his other overpriced hunts he's posted

Patrick Meyer
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: H5Patrick] #5872914 08/11/15 03:40 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

I meant to quote the one guy that seemed to be attacking our ranch. That was not directed at the group in general. My apologies. As for the descriptions, they will be taken down and put back up when corrected. The rest of the website will be gone through with a fine tooth comb, as to not have any issues like this again.

I looked thru your website and noticed while a nice site, several "inaccuracies", which two have been pointed out, one being the "mountains" of texas and the "exotic" bluegill.

You have a nice site and looks like a nice ranch and imo you don't need to church up descriptions to generate interest. Its pretty obvious to anyone who has seen a Corsican sheep that they look nothing like a Rocky Mountain Bighorn.

As far as pricing goes, you don't have to explain or answer to anyone as to how or why you price your animals the way you do. if they are too high then no one will book hunts. if they are in line then people will. no need to justify to anyone prices....either they want it or they don't.

your prices may be upper end but for what you get (meals, alcohol, lodging) I don't think they are ridiculous. you just may sell 15 hunts instead of 30 but if you make the same amount of $$$ who cares?

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: txtrophy85] #5872999 08/11/15 08:10 AM
H
H5Patrick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Well, since this is a friend's ranch, I care. It's not all about the money, so much as it is getting the name out there and having folks come back, repeatedly. It is a fairly new ranch, only opened 3 or so years ago. The only reason I feel the need to explain the prices, is because I have seen plenty of the other ranches, and stating that H5 is completely high, or "overpriced", is just not accurate. The fact that we took out the guess work as to what you would pay for a hunt, is seeming to bite us in the [censored]. Most people look at the price for the animal, and completely forget to add in guide, lodging, etc...
As for you pointing out other inaccuracies, please feel free to let me know and I will make sure they are corrected. I didn't build the website, neither did the ranch manager...not really up either one of our alleys, which I am sure most of you can appreciate that! As far as these inaccuracies making it through, that is honestly just bad on our part. It should have been proof read, multiple times, before being made live. And "churching up" the ranch, come on!!! Who doesn't try to sell their own place a little bit! For Texas, those are mountains, etc...
Again, nothing was put on the website, or on here, with the intention of purposely misleading anyone. The ranch and the animals speak for themselves. It's almost as though some may have a little too much time on their hands to be nit picking such small things such as these. But that is neither here, nor there.
The website will be made accurate, asap.

Patrick Meyer
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: H5Patrick] #5873325 08/11/15 02:37 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Your best repeat clients are often are upper income individuals who love to hunt. It seems that you cater to upper end clientele and there is nothing wrong with that. Lost of ranches (Morani and 777) are two thst come to mind

As far as "selling your own ranch" I sell ranches for a living, and what is described in the website is called "misrepresentation". A bluegill is about as exotic as a cottontail rabbit. Calling those hills mountains is also not accurate.

You may attract some out of towners with thst jargon, but to a person like me who knows the difference, it's a major turn off. If you lie about the animals and the terrain, what else will you lie about. Makes me question the entire operation

Stick with the facts and let the ranch sell itself

This is just helpful advice, the ranch looks like a hell of a nice place and I'm sure you want to attract as many hunters as possible.

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: H5Patrick] #5873332 08/11/15 02:40 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
I wonder if they have read this yet so maybe they can clear it up...

He might be too caught up in bumping all his other overpriced hunts he's posted

Please explain how you derived a bashing of the ranch out of that statement? The statement only referenced that (1) your pricing is a tad high (a fact which you yourself have acknowledged), and (2) your frequent bumping of the posts. No bashing there, just plain old fact.

And I've done plenty of research on pricing, young man, and I know a fair deal when I see one. The lack of movement on your posts should be proof enough for you to know where your price point should not be. If you are unprepared for any manner of statement to be made about your pricing or your buddy's ranch, maybe you shouldn't post on a forum in which we are all free to make whatever statement we wish, as long as it is within the rules of this forum.

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5873397 08/11/15 03:22 PM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Let me add a little insite in how an average joe (me) hunter views your website as well as others advertising the same hunts and services. Your website is well done and easy to navigate but as mentioned it lists several things that are easy for me to spot as purely misleading. Your prices are above most other ranches and while I'm not just a price buyer but it's still important to get the most bang for my buck....pun intended. I always start with pricing the Axis buck hunts because thats what I like to do. I can tell you for a fact that 3400 for a guided Axis hunt with lodging is high. I hunt a trophy Axis at least once a year and many years twice and many places offer quality animals and services for 2500. I truly believe you will sell some hunts for 3400 but If you goal is volume then your not very competitive. I never call anyone and try to work them on price, I just look at whats offered at what price and if I feel it's too high then I cross it off my list.
Your prices should reflect your target cliental and if your satisfied with fewer hunts then thats your call and needs no explnation. Just my .02 Baker

A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart.
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: H5Patrick] #5873427 08/11/15 03:47 PM
L
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
H5Patrick

welcome to THF where some are just waiting. Your lucky so far the HF bashers have not found you yet. If you are looking for hunter support, such a couple of personal emails concerning a mistake on your website. lol35 there out there but some like to make it public on the forum. I just believe the OP should have sent you an email or PM before bashing the wording of a corsican.

Each of us can visit 10 websites and each will give the exact description on an animal. Your website builder clearly edited where he should not have. Furthermore some websites even use other ranches photos to advertise their animals.

I believe your explanation as it reads as heart felt. Your friend has a beautiful ranch filled with canyons and draws. Looks like a fun place to plan an adventure. You've done all you can with explaining, I visited your facebook and looks like you are producing some nice results.

Hang in there I for one always appreciate a new ranch. Good luck Sir and remember some of us call steep terrain mountain-ous. Sounds better than hilly-ous

Last edited by SheepHunter; 08/11/15 03:55 PM.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5873435 08/11/15 03:52 PM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Your actually getting some good feedback threw this to help you sell more hunts, you can definetly sell some hunts on here but you may have to work at it a little and build your rep. Up.

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5874280 08/12/15 12:35 AM
H
H5Patrick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Oh no doubt! I will take any feedback I can get. Our prices may be higher than some, but from the research I have done we are in par, if not cheaper! I have admitted to the D. Sika being higher than most, but he is also a beast and I have had plenty of interest in him, as well as plenty other hunts. I bump my posts the one time a day that I am allowed, just to make sure that I may catch the eye of someone new.
As far as you not liking them called mountains, or the "exotic blue gill', If you look up a mountain map of Texas, you will see that their is an official "mountain" in the same vicinity, and you are probably right that calling a bluegill exotic, is a bit much, but you don't really think we pulled that out of thin air do you?! Again, I appreciate any feedback I can get, and if you don't like our prices, or the ranch, then you are welcome to not hunt there. I know I am by far no expert, but I have been around for a bit, and I have also been making sure to look around before I "put my foot in my mouth" on pricing. There are ranches that are cheaper, sure, but remember, you get what you pay for.

Patrick Meyer
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5874285 08/12/15 12:40 AM
H
H5Patrick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
None of the descriptions or anything else put on there were meant to be misleading nor were we trying to "lie" about anything. It was an unfortunate mistake, that has since been corrected. The guy that runs the ranch is not a webmaster, or a website designer, and unfortunately a few mistakes haven't been caught, but we are going to get those mistakes fixed. In the meantime, it should be about the ranch itself, and the animals, not about some silly mistakes that have been misconstrued to seem misleading or otherwise, and I believe the ranch and the animals speak for themselves.

Patrick Meyer
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: Elkhunter49] #5874294 08/12/15 12:46 AM
N
NMGW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
Let me add a little insite in how an average joe (me) hunter views your website as well as others advertising the same hunts and services. Your website is well done and easy to navigate but as mentioned it lists several things that are easy for me to spot as purely misleading. Your prices are above most other ranches and while I'm not just a price buyer but it's still important to get the most bang for my buck....pun intended. I always start with pricing the Axis buck hunts because thats what I like to do. I can tell you for a fact that 3400 for a guided Axis hunt with lodging is high. I hunt a trophy Axis at least once a year and many years twice and many places offer quality animals and services for 2500. I truly believe you will sell some hunts for 3400 but If you goal is volume then your not very competitive. I never call anyone and try to work them on price, I just look at whats offered at what price and if I feel it's too high then I cross it off my list.
Your prices should reflect your target cliental and if your satisfied with fewer hunts then thats your call and needs no explnation. Just my .02 Baker

I could not agree more with Elkhunter49, When I look at the website, it looks like they are trying to target guys with more money than the average working guy that has to save to go on a hunt. Most guys will move on when they see those prices. Just my $0.02 so that makes $0.04...

New Mexico: Not Really New, Not Really Mexico
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: NMGW] #5874473 08/12/15 02:31 AM
L
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: NMGW

I could not agree more with Elkhunter49, When I look at the website, it looks like they are trying to target guys with more money than the average working guy that has to save to go on a hunt. Most guys will move on when they see those prices. Just my $0.02 so that makes $0.04...

We need to put on our wadders these $0.02 opinions are getting deep. violin

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5874488 08/12/15 02:40 AM
H
H5Patrick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Very deep! All opinions are welcomed, though!

Patrick Meyer
Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5874538 08/12/15 03:06 AM
L
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
Don't mean to knock on or hate on this one THFer/ranch, but I'm pretty sure the description of corsican sheep is wrong on here...or a Texas Dall....

Corsican Sheep
The Corsican Sheep also known as the Rocky Mountain Bighorn is considered by many to be the number one North American big game animal. The Corsican Ram is very similar in appearance to the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Ram. They are reddish brown with an attractive black mane on the bottom of their neck. A large ram can weigh 125 pounds.

Texas Dall Sheep
The Texas Dall Sheep was derived from cross breeding Corsican and Mouflon sheep. This beautiful animal typically has a bright white coat and weighs in at a hefty 130 pounds. Males are called rams and feature rounded horns that make for a very attractive and exotic mount. Their horns usually curl up, out, down and out.

Don't think I should give out the ranch name, but I think they know who they are.

I will correct the OP. You mean to tell me when you read the website and looked at the brochure http://www.h5trophyranches.com/PDFs/H5_TrifoldBrochure_WEB.pdf ......
you felt compelled to state they were representing "Bighorn Sheep" and the ranch was somehow trying to pull the wool over hunters eyes. rofl What Blind hunters.

I truly feel an apology is in order.

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5874577 08/12/15 03:24 AM
C
chital_shikari Offline OP
Minor in training
OP Offline
Minor in training
C
Firstly, to H5Patrick and to the H5 Trophy ranch, I am sorry if I said something out of line. Maybe I said something wrong. Do please excuse that.

I just saw something wrong and pointed it out. Price point wise, I think caliber of experience and amenities and all the whole shabang of the hunt determine price. Some places are relatively high and other places are relatively low.

Re: Correct me...or the ranch [Re: chital_shikari] #5874585 08/12/15 03:31 AM
L
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
Firstly, to H5Patrick and to the H5 Trophy ranch, I am sorry if I said something out of line. Maybe I said something wrong. Do please excuse that.

I just saw something wrong and pointed it out. Price point wise, I think caliber of experience and amenities and all the whole shabang of the hunt determine price. Some places are relatively high and other places are relatively low.

up

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide