Forums46
Topics538,081
Posts9,732,755
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Doesn't it suck how the open carry Texas folks ruined it for everyone? [Re: turbogrill] #5947148 09/26/15 03:00 AM
R
Regular Guy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: turbogrill
Originally Posted By: HicksHunter
I think you're getting a couple of groups mixed up. There were two large groups responsible for demonstrations and lobbying associated with these bills: Open Carry Texas (OCT), and Open Carry Tarrant County (OCTC). If I remember correctly, OCTC splintered off from OCT because of a dispute about how they should behave in public. News article here that mentions it: http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/201...eo-2952196.html

Open Carry Texas is cool. Open Carry Tarrant County is pants-on-head retarded, and are responsible for most of the negative publicity associated with the bill. They're the guys that carried SKSs and such at the low ready in a Chipotle, and tried to intimidate a legislator into passing open carry legislation. They nearly single-handedly had the bills declared DOA.

Chipotle:

Intimidating Legislator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbfxRQRQOTY

Open Carry Texas, however, maintains a much more positive image, and hasn't been responsible for any big news stories about how aggressive they are, or how poorly they represent the movement. Whenever people mention idiots carrying guns openly to support the bill, they're talking about OCTC.

My god...what a gang of idiots.

I am all pro guns but when I see this it feels like not everyone should be allowed to have weapons.

As you say this is what ruins it for the rest of us. If they ban online ammo sells it is due to knuckleheads like this.

Funny comment from the youtube video comments:
"Do all ammosexuals sound like they've been inhaling helium?"

Haha, he is so right.

The one on the left looks like Michael Moore. Could it be a liberal stunt to ruin it for us?

You know these dudes don't have a clue on how to really use these weapons. I can see why dudes like this make some people want more and/or better gun control legislation. But the fact of the matter is, it won't keep guns out of the hands of douchebags. It will just make it harder for the rest of us.

Re: Doesn't it suck how the open carry Texas folks ruined it for everyone? [Re: Regular Guy] #5947167 09/26/15 03:10 AM
B
bull279 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Regular Guy

The one on the left looks like Michael Moore. Could it be a liberal stunt to ruin it for us?

You know these dudes don't have a clue on how to really use these weapons. I can see why dudes like this make some people want more and/or better gun control legislation. But the fact of the matter is, it won't keep guns out of the hands of douchebags. It will just make it harder for the rest of us.

I doubt those guys are liberal agitators.. look like Call of Duty super operators, probably has a xbox controller in his back pocket.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

U.S. Army Military Police (ABN) 1998-2003
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide