Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen] #5723945 04/30/15 07:37 PM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I have bought scope rings off amazon, mounted them, if they did not fit I sent them back. Didn't seem like a big deal.

I can see what SWFA is saying though, can't sell used products. However, don't they sell used parts in their store? Couldn't they accept a return on this item because they recommended it and recoup some money by selling it used?

I have never done business with SWFA but I am looking at purchasing a SS scope.

Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: Gone to Texas] #5724040 04/30/15 08:56 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas
I have bought scope rings off amazon, mounted them, if they did not fit I sent them back. Didn't seem like a big deal.

I can see what SWFA is saying though, can't sell used products. However, don't they sell used parts in their store? Couldn't they accept a return on this item because they recommended it and recoup some money by selling it used?

it sounds like its buyer beware with them. They will buy it back from you for a reduced cost but they are not going to take the hit.

Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: Gone to Texas] #5724697 05/01/15 12:11 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P

How would SWFA make money if they're taking new products and converting them to used products for free?

Couldn't their competitors just start buying a bunch of stuff and returning it so SWFA has to sell it as used?

The only way for SWFA to be honest and ethical to all of its customers in this situation is to accept only unopened returns.

Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: patriot07] #5724777 05/01/15 01:03 PM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: patriot07

How would SWFA make money if they're taking new products and converting them to used products for free?

Couldn't their competitors just start buying a bunch of stuff and returning it so SWFA has to sell it as used?

The only way for SWFA to be honest and ethical to all of its customers in this situation is to accept only unopened returns.

I am not bashing the company, if you read what I wrote I said "because they recommended the item" so this 1 time they will return it. Get the scope rings back, mark them down 10% as used rings, problem solved.

I ordered a Manners stock for my Savage, they now add the BDL Chasis on Savage rifles which I was never told. When I got my bill I saw a $150 dollar charge on there. I explained the issue I had because no one told me about the $150 addition to the stock. They apologized and took the $150 dollar charge off no questions asked.

Some companies put their customers before profit and I believe that benefits them more in the long run.

Last edited by Gone to Texas; 05/01/15 01:23 PM.
Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen] #5724818 05/01/15 01:22 PM
daniel1381 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Been shopping with swfa for the past 2 years and I understand the policy and follow it. Swfa is the only optic company I will use. They have a policy/rules they have to follow and is clearly stated on the website!

No sense in dogging or beating them up over a policy.

"From my cold dead hands"

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen] #5724861 05/01/15 01:52 PM
C
chickenpants Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I have to side with the customer on this one I have been to the store and they did recommend rings and opened multiple sets of rings. I was also told if they were not the correct size (since I did not have rifle with me) that I could return them as long as they were not marked up. after reading this I can assure you that they will lose more business from this than the cost of the rings.

so based on what Skylar said is lie and say they are unopened unfortunately that is not in my blood

the moral of the story honesty does not pay in this day and age.

Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen] #5725580 05/01/15 09:57 PM
K
ksjmf Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
sounds like the devil is in the definition of "unused" versus "unopened". I don't buy guns and scopes everyday, but i remember my last set of rings coming in a package that opened easily and the salesman opened a few and i choose the one i liked best. This was at a local gun store in Waco. I am going back to shopping at local stores and paying a little more to avoid situations like this. I am surprised SWFA is taking the stance they are on this one. Pushing people to return to shopping with local experts and away from online and phone ordering seems like a risky maneuver on their part, but it's their company to run how they see fit.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide