Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: rifleman] #5625281 02/28/15 03:43 AM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: rifleman
I thought of steaks and golf just reading the title...then I starting thinking feeders and child birth. grin bolt

Lol. I would have been real mad if I had made it to the steak and golf level. That would have just been wrong!!!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625312 02/28/15 04:03 AM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
So, you were dealing with the lease manager that eventually has gotten off? Sounds like he was either wishful thinking with you and didn't have the authority or never really intended to get you on as it turned out.

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: DQ Kid] #5625327 02/28/15 04:12 AM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Rise above it, learn from it and leave it in the dust. Mix a good drink, put a dip in and never let it cross your mind again.
Landowners loss.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: GUTIT] #5625332 02/28/15 04:14 AM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: GUTIT
Rise above it, learn from it and leave it in the dust. Mix a good drink, put a dip in and never let it cross your mind again.
Landowners loss.

cheers I am with ya bud. People just surprise me sometimes. Didn't have to have a place but could have been a good deal for a few guys.

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625401 02/28/15 04:48 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I think we're all learning that one of the earliest questions needs to be 'Do you have the power to truly make this deal?'

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625515 02/28/15 06:53 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
"a weekend in March to go and look at the property"

would you assume that you have the lease?

Absolutely not. I wonder how many times a landowner or lease manager has been told over the phone, land unseen, contract unseen, that a hunter will take it. Then when they show up weeks later and don't like what they see, want to negotiate price, or find something in the contract they want to negotiate. From past experience, I would not consider that lease mine till the contract is signed and the money is in the landowner' or manager's hand. If it was an I'll Take It situation where I was going to agree to the price and take the lease without looking at it, I would have asked them to mail the contract for me to sign and mailed a check immediately. I have lost two leases because we were too slow to pay and sign a contract after a price increase. Both times someone offered considerably more money than we were to pay and they paid immediately. One of those landowners had fallen on bad times, so there was no hard feelings, but if we had acted sooner, we might not have lost those leases.

I once accepted an old Maverick car from a neighbor kid that had borrowed money from me. I sold it twice to people I knew from the neighborhood with a set payment plan and had to repossess it both times because I never received a payment. Up for sale again I had three separate "I'll take it's" with hand shake, going to the bank, be right back. None came back. I was not going to hold that car for anyone again even if they said they would take it. The next guy that walked up I decided I was going to ask to make and offer and I was going to take his offer no matter what it was. The next person that walked up with an offer three times over what I had been asking and paid from a roll of cash in his pocket. Just the way it is these days.

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625529 02/28/15 07:28 AM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Understood John and agree. There are many people that aren't a man of their word, and your examples are just more of the same.

I was leasing it sight unseen (except google) and said so. I leased my other three properties up there the same way, and still haven't ever actually met the landowner in person. Had the contract and was asked if I wanted any revisions made, said Nope.

The one handling the contract was meeting with me in March to introduce me to the owner as the new "lease manager." March was the soonest they could make it up there or I would have gone earlier. Made it very clear my schedule was flexible. Wasn't a trip to decide if I wanted it and per the contract, money wasn't due yet or I would have written the check.

The trip included them showing me the properties so I would actually know what they looked like, not to make a decision on.

Take your example of the car. If someone said they would take it and you told them "great", come pick it up in two weeks. Then you sold the car to someone else the next Tuesday, is that acceptable?

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625555 02/28/15 09:24 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I don't understand who this person was who said they would do what they would do. A friend or who? Luckily only had to deal with one lease boss who I didn't trust him then. Then they call me years later asking if they can get on my current lease. Sure... I can't trust anyone even if you say I have $100, come get it...

I thought you were on a pretty good lease. We had a spot open this year that two guys swore they would pay for to get on. I read the ridiculous texts from them as to why they couldn't come up or pay but would tomorrow, etc. It was comical and thank God they didn't get on. I brought guys on to fill it but tell the freaking the truth. Who cares if you can't honor a deal or pay, just tell the truth upfront and you will be respected.

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: GUTIT] #5625600 02/28/15 12:47 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Landowners loss.

X's 3. But easy for Kent to say, he doesn't have a "short complex" grin

I guess for future reference, always ask to speak with the "leader", sounds like someone may have been making arrangements they couldn't stand behind anyway.

IMO, contacting the LO would be fruitless and waste more of your time, he has his cash already. Move on and be thankful there was few damages. BTW, if you don't trust some folks enough to give them some rope, you will never find trust-able people, I wouldn't let this incident make a hill of beans in your thinking as long as you can sleep at night, the world still turns.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625614 02/28/15 01:03 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A. You're supposed to be the optimist on here. Get back to work.
B. I think deer leases are a separate business category from any other business. Lots of shady characters on both sides. Very few folks that do what they say they will do.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625658 02/28/15 01:53 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
This should do it txhntr.....

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: Txduckman] #5625681 02/28/15 02:08 PM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Txduckman
I don't understand who this person was who said they would do what they would do. A friend or who? Luckily only had to deal with one lease boss who I didn't trust him then. Then they call me years later asking if they can get on my current lease. Sure... I can't trust anyone even if you say I have $100, come get it...

I thought you were on a pretty good lease. We had a spot open this year that two guys swore they would pay for to get on. I read the ridiculous texts from them as to why they couldn't come up or pay but would tomorrow, etc. It was comical and thank God they didn't get on. I brought guys on to fill it but tell the freaking the truth. Who cares if you can't honor a deal or pay, just tell the truth upfront and you will be respected.

Someone I met on here. Never thought to ask them if they had the authority to make a deal. He was actually very clear that he didn't run the day to day portion of the lease because he couldn't handle it. He said that his buddy did. He was the one that found the lease and his buddy helped him run it.

I have a good lease. This place is in Kansas and I was going to keep the 3 properties I currently have but lease them to someone else and try this new place. I have seen the deer that they have killed in the past and figured it was worth a try if the price was right.

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: stxranchman] #5625683 02/28/15 02:10 PM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
This should do it txhntr.....

Ah man...too little too late I guess bang

Keep it for the next place and we will just go around the screw ball and deliver that directly to the owner rofl

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: Western] #5625687 02/28/15 02:14 PM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Western
Landowners loss.

X's 3. But easy for Kent to say, he doesn't have a "short complex" grin

I guess for future reference, always ask to speak with the "leader", sounds like someone may have been making arrangements they couldn't stand behind anyway.

IMO, contacting the LO would be fruitless and waste more of your time, he has his cash already. Move on and be thankful there was few damages. BTW, if you don't trust some folks enough to give them some rope, you will never find trust-able people, I wouldn't let this incident make a hill of beans in your thinking as long as you can sleep at night, the world still turns.

It doesn't bother me that bad and it won't change the way I handle business. I wouldn't contact the LO direct, deal was never with them and my guess is they have an idea of the type of person I was dealing with anyway. Probably a good reason why they weren't actually the lease manager.

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625690 02/28/15 02:15 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Sounds like the fella could have actually had a some "say so", or at least passed y'alls conversation on to his bud. Oh well, you have enough trouble chut'n one on the lease you have, why bother with another, of course your PoP's gets it done bolt

Dennis

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: Western] #5625697 02/28/15 02:16 PM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Sounds like the fella could have actually had a some "say so", or at least passed y'alls conversation on to his bud. Oh well, you have enough trouble chut'n one on the lease you have, why bother with another, of course your PoP's gets it done bolt

confused2 I got mine last year...pops just gets it done every year hammer

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625703 02/28/15 02:18 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: txshntr

confused2 I got mine last year...pops just gets it done every year hammer

True, I should'nt have "SHORTED" you on that fact grin but he does it with less "drama" scared

Dennis

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625706 02/28/15 02:19 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Txduckman

Someone I met on here. Never thought to ask them if they had the authority to make a deal. He was actually very clear that he didn't run the day to day portion of the lease because he couldn't handle it. He said that his buddy did. He was the one that found the lease and his buddy helped him run it.

I have a good lease. This place is in Kansas and I was going to keep the 3 properties I currently have but lease them to someone else and try this new place. I have seen the deer that they have killed in the past and figured it was worth a try if the price was right.

popcorn

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625710 02/28/15 02:20 PM
S
Skip Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Txshntr, I agree on a mans word is his word and a hand shake is a deal. I'm sure the land owners idea is the first one that brings the money and signs the lease agreement. I'm sorry you lost out on that.

Skip
Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625713 02/28/15 02:22 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I know a former outfitter for KS that could probably help with this situation....

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: Skip] #5625715 02/28/15 02:23 PM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Skip
Txshntr, I agree on a mans word is his word and a hand shake is a deal. I'm sure the land owners idea is the first one that brings the money and signs the lease agreement. I'm sorry you lost out on that.

I learned long ago that sometimes losing something can be the best thing. cheers

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: rifleman] #5625718 02/28/15 02:23 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I know a former outfitter (and his brother) for KS that could probably help with this situation....

whip

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: rifleman] #5625719 02/28/15 02:23 PM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms
OP Offline
T-Rex Arms
I know a former outfitter for KS that could probably help with this situation....

scratch Let him talk to the LO?

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: txshntr] #5625721 02/28/15 02:25 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
STX gets it, nothing to worry about.

Re: When is a deal a deal? [Re: rifleman] #5625723 02/28/15 02:25 PM
txshntr Offline OP
T-Rex Arms