Forums46
Topics538,057
Posts9,732,532
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: Rockfish Dave] #5609624 02/20/15 02:33 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Hahahaha!

CAST , in marriage their iss no tally sheet, I take what I get when I can get it smile

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: Rockfish Dave] #5610679 02/21/15 01:01 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I would like to know of any interest also. A lot of specialty forums are "seeded" with posts from reps/"pro staffers", etc. On another forum for years half the threads on the first page of the Optics forum were "My Vortex is great" threads of some kind.

If you have been around awhile it's not a big deal. You know who to listen to anyway. For others it may not be so apparent. Frankly, I put zero stock in any opinion of someone with skin in the game for any particular product.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: Rockfish Dave] #5611114 02/21/15 05:04 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Me too, but everyone has go agree on the spelling of "vendor". smile

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: CharlieCTx] #5611225 02/21/15 11:24 AM
R
Rockfish Dave Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
Me too, but everyone has go agree on the spelling of "vendor". smile

Charlie

I vote for my new and improved version. grin

Good catch, I have struggled with spelling since primary school so pointing it out only helps me, so thanks.

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: Rockfish Dave] #5613654 02/23/15 12:26 AM
R
Rockfish Dave Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted By: Rockfish Dave
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs

You obviously have no qualms with personally attacking someones integrity whom you've never met I assume based on some key information that you possess that you value as factual.

In your grand explanation you failed to mentioned that you were a prostaff member... you claimed to have bought or borrowed the items you "test" with no mention of a vender relationship. Kind of shady in my opinion. It's only my opinion so do not feel obligated to agree if you do not feel so inclined, but please don't get in a huff and play the victim if you don't.

So pop quiz for you then -

1) What is it exactly, details please, that a ProStaffer receives that would be considered offensive to you or which would surely cause bias?

I'd like to know what it entails, so please enlighten me. You have shown to be defensive and evasive when it comes to clarifying things about yourself so again, please enlighten me. Feel free to take it to PM if you are too embarrassed to discuss openly.

You had never addressed the question of what 'Pro Staff' entails. I quite frankly don't know, and out of ignorance searched the internet.

Can you clarify your vendor relationship publicly or via PM?

Prostaff Link 1

This one is particularly helpful but does not paint the picture that you are purporting of unbiased information.
What is a pro staff?

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: Rockfish Dave] #5613748 02/23/15 01:06 AM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Every company runs their ProStaff differently so the links are helpful to establish a framework of thinking but not necessarily in defining a legal standard.

Pulsar/Sightmark has elected a wide array of members from various backgrounds in interests in the sport or field of work and calls upon us to be brand ambassadors. There are no defined parameters for carrying out the duty on this other than use common sense and be positively involved.

We get a discount (it's a flat rate) and it isn't radical but they asked us not to publish it, that is there business position and I respect that.

There has never been free scopes or guns.

I find myself having the ability to test and evaluate scopes that I cannot afford and I share the information with fellow consumers in forums, at the range, and in public.

I do not force my opinion or suggest that products are best options when I know them not to be, I am the unbiased part of the equation.

The folks at pulsar/Sightmark are class acts and it is a privilege I enjoy.

Goodnight

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5614492 02/23/15 01:24 PM
R
Rockfish Dave Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
Every company runs their ProStaff differently so the links are helpful to establish a framework of thinking but not necessarily in defining a legal standard.

Pulsar/Sightmark has elected a wide array of members from various backgrounds in interests in the sport or field of work and calls upon us to be brand ambassadors. There are no defined parameters for carrying out the duty on this other than use common sense and be positively involved.

So you have no guidelines or goals on how you conduct yourself in the pursuit of being a 'Pro Staff' member?

We get a discount (it's a flat rate) and it isn't radical but they asked us not to publish it, that is there business position and I respect that.

So you can hook your buddy up with a scope and still make some money on the side or possibly sell here in the classifieds?

There has never been free scopes or guns.

Technically yes, but in a practical sense no. When you can buy at a dealer price (or below) without the overhead that comes with being a distributor you can turn a tidy profit, effectively making the products free.

I do not force my opinion or suggest that products are best options when I know them not to be, I am the unbiased part of the equation.

Now in a short review of your posts I see that this not to be true. Please review your recommendations and see if it syncs with what you said, maybe you "misremembered".

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: Rockfish Dave] #5614594 02/23/15 02:15 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Well Buddy all I can say is that I cannot please everybody.

Your entitled to think what you want, all I ask is that you don't follow me around and poke poke poke as we move forward from this post.

I have nothing more to offer you in this post so this will be it.

Bye

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5614667 02/23/15 02:40 PM
R
Rockfish Dave Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R

I have nothing more to offer you in this post so this will be it.

So what about over and beyond to disclose? You have been evasive, and deceptive until called out. Ironically your being called out was brought on by your own caustic posts.

Now that it's getting a little closer to the truth, you decide to bow out. Fair enough. The other forum members at least can draw their own conclusions at this point as I know I sure have.

Re: Disclosure of vender relationships? [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5614699 02/23/15 02:52 PM
R
Rockfish Dave Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
"all I ask is that you don't follow me around and poke poke poke as we move forward from this post."

So basically: Don't mess up your sales or call you on your BS? Got it.

Unfortunately this is a open forum, and until the rules change, and we are no longer allowed to speak freely I'll do as I please thank you very much.

Just remember who was the aggressive, deceptive, and rude person in this thread.

Good day to you sir.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide