Forums46
Topics538,062
Posts9,732,574
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bill to Have Surgeon General Report on "Gun Violence" [Re: Choctaw] #5595610 02/12/15 01:50 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Originally Posted By: passthru
Okay. It would be a better use of "resources". So how much is the NRA spending of it's resources to help instead of just stonewalling? We complain about our government not doing it but what are we doing? Am I the only one who believes the pro gun lobbyists and too many gun owners have turned a deaf ear to the cries of the innocent victims?

My family has been hit hard by suicide, twice. I have also been in law enforcement for many years and have seen gun violence first hand. I have been a victim myself. There are not enough locks on a gun safe to prevent a person from committing suicide who really wants to die. Likewise, bad guys will continue to kill the good guys. I am against further legislation when it comes to gun control. The government cannot solve every societal issue, it just can't.

up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Bill to Have Surgeon General Report on "Gun Violence" [Re: blackcoal] #5597105 02/13/15 03:49 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: blackcoal
^^^ And every day the NRA has less support from shooters, hunters, gun owners.

I'm a life member. I support them. Kinda like the church though. There are a few areas we don't see quite eye to eye but the fact is there isn't any other legislative lobby group that protects our second amendment rights like they do. And without that one the rest aren't worth the paper they were written on.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Bill to Have Surgeon General Report on "Gun Violence" [Re: jeffbird] #5599797 02/15/15 12:50 AM
B
breadman Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
absolutely agree with you passthru !! problem I see is that the outher side does not want to break it down to responsibility and accountability , MORE and NEW laws will not change a thing ! those are just more points on there side of the score board ! witch is there agenda ! more needs to be done on our side of the fence in a positive way ! if we could only unite as they have we would be a force to be reconded with , what a concept!!

Re: Bill to Have Surgeon General Report on "Gun Violence" [Re: jeffbird] #5599884 02/15/15 02:22 AM
S
Shawheel Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I was taught from a very young age that a gun is a tool. A very powerful tool, but a tool nonetheless. We use this tool to hunt animals to feed our families, to protect our families and property from harm, and for pastimes like target shooting.

Sad to say it, but if guns ceased to exist tomorrow people would still find ways to commit suicide. If we really want to address the problem of suicide, we need to go after the root cause and not spend so much time on the tool some unfortunate folks choose to use.

I hump the wild to take it all in, there is no bag limit on happiness. -Ted Nugent
Re: Bill to Have Surgeon General Report on "Gun Violence" [Re: jeffbird] #5599938 02/15/15 03:11 AM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Sorry, but the federal government has no business meddling in social engineering. Guns have absolutely nothing to do with suicide rates. If a person is committed to killing themselves, they will do it - and no laws will stop that kind of tragedy from happening. That would be up to their family. Not me or the federal government.

If a person feels that I am callous in saying these things, they have already been brainwashed and have actually become part of the problem by thinking that the federal government can, and should fix all things.........

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide