Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: TOMCAT21] #5568852 01/28/15 02:57 PM
G
Guitars&Guns Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4
Originally Posted By: TOMCAT21
Avery's replacement policy cost them their account with Cabela's. I really like my Pro-Grades but I have all the Pro-Grades I need for now.

Not true at all. I worked as a manager for Cabela's and was directly involved in the waterfowl roll when they moved to the new "Northern Flight" complete waterfowl line. Cabelas desire to increase margins cost Avery their account, it had nothing to do with Avery as a company. When cabelas rolled out the entire line of their "Northern Flight" Cabela's store brand, they chose to get rid of their biggest competitor, Avery. No other brand makes an all-inclusive waterfowl line like Avery, so when Cabela's decided to do just that, they made the logical decision to not sell their direct competition. I am 100% positive on this.

Bottom line: Cabela's makes more selling Cabela's branded decoys, weights, line, game straps, chairs, layouts, etc. than they do selling Avery, so they got rid of Avery.

Avery's replacement policy cost them their account with Cabela's. I really like my Pro-Grades but I have all the Pro-Grades I need for now.

Not true at all. I worked as a manager for Cabela's and was directly involved in the waterfowl roll when they moved to the new "Northern Flight" complete waterfowl line. Cabelas desire to increase margins cost Avery their account, it had nothing to do with Avery as a company. When cabelas rolled out the entire line of their "Northern Flight" Cabela's store brand, they chose to get rid of their biggest competitor, Avery. No other brand makes an all-inclusive waterfowl line like Avery, so when Cabela's decided to do just that, they made the logical decision to not sell their direct competition. I am 100% positive on this.

Bottom line: Cabela's makes more selling Cabela's branded decoys, weights, line, game straps, chairs, layouts, etc. than they do selling Avery, so they got rid of Avery.

Not sure I completely trust someone who doesn't know the difference between roll and role but I can say I got my info from a very high source at Avery. Surely you can't deny that Avery's strict return policy didn't factor in. Mack's even bad mouths Avery's policy.

Actually that makes much more sense than a bad return policy. Margins are the keys to business, and they exist to make money. Any way they can do that, they will. Cabelas drives me crazy with how much stuff they brand and sell in place of other quality brands, but that's their game and I get it. They are becoming the Walmart of outdoors stores in my opinion. I go there quite often because I live nearby, but I much prefer to buy my waterfowl gear from Macks or local spots I have back home in Louisiana, where I can choose from a variety of quality products you just won't find in Cabelas.

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: jdk1985] #5568901 01/28/15 03:18 PM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
My theory is That just happens to be the excuse they gave Avery, they couldn't tell them the truth.

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: jdk1985] #5568988 01/28/15 03:59 PM
G
Guitars&Guns Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
I don't think it's an excuse, I think it's smart business on their part. Look at how many "Cabelas" branded items have been creeping into all aspects of the stores and where the quality brands are pushed out. It is profit motivated, pure and simple.

I wish they still sold Avery, Drake, Surefire etc. But no worries, we still have the internet.

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: TOMCAT21] #5569247 01/28/15 06:06 PM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

Not sure I completely trust someone who doesn't know the difference between roll and role but I can say I got my info from a very high source at Avery. Surely you can't deny that Avery's strict return policy didn't factor in. Mack's even bad mouths Avery's policy.

I guess you aren't sure if you completely trust yourself then, because you are the one who doesn't know the difference between roll and role in the sense that I used it.

A roll in retail is when you change out products for the new season. For example, Cabelas has a waterfowl ROLL every year before duck season begins during which they put out all the waterfowl gear and new products. Same thing happens at Target when they bring out all the Santa stuff for Christmas, and then get rid of it after the holiday. "Role" would have been the incorrect word in the way I used it.

If you're gonna correct someone, at least make sure that you are right. grin

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: jdk1985] #5569546 01/28/15 08:43 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
I bet everything played a part.

I used to buy alot of Avery stuff at Cabelas. Now I don't spend near as much there.

[Linked Image]

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: TTUhunter4] #5569628 01/28/15 09:32 PM
T
TOMCAT21 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

I guess you aren't sure if you completely trust yourself then, because you are the one who doesn't know the difference between roll and role in the sense that I used it.

A roll in retail is when you change out products for the new season. For example, Cabelas has a waterfowl ROLL every year before duck season begins during which they put out all the waterfowl gear and new products. Same thing happens at Target when they bring out all the Santa stuff for Christmas, and then get rid of it after the holiday. "Role" would have been the incorrect word in the way I used it.

If you're gonna correct someone, at least make sure that you are right. grin

Sorry I don't speak retail jargoneese. wink I was using standard English. Perhaps if I understood your were involved in the "rollout" of the new waterfowl gear and products it would have been more clear. I'll try to read between the lines more carefully next time. smile

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: TOMCAT21] #5569647 01/28/15 09:42 PM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Sorry I don't speak retail jargoneese. wink I was using standard English. Perhaps if I understood your were involved in the "rollout" of the new waterfowl gear and products it would have been more clear. I'll try to read between the lines more carefully next time. smile

I never thought of it as a word people wouldn't know, but I guess you're right, it is retail jargon. smile I'll cut you a break this time...

I was sad to see Avery leave Cabelas, especially since Bass Pro had already gotten rid of them. If you are a GHG decoy fan, I guess it is Gander Mountain or online now. I personally think the GHG decoys look great, though they do lose paint easily, and the customer service leaves much to be desired.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: jdk1985] #5569670 01/28/15 09:49 PM
G
Guitars&Guns Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
I like Dakota Decoys lately - their flocked dekes are the most realistic looking decoy I've seen. GHG's are great but yes paint can be an issue.

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: jdk1985] #5569836 01/28/15 11:30 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
Gander here doesn't have GHG either.

[Linked Image]

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: TTUhunter4] #5570037 01/29/15 01:33 AM
T
TOMCAT21 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

I never thought of it as a word people wouldn't know, but I guess you're right, it is retail jargon. smile I'll cut you a break this time...

I was sad to see Avery leave Cabelas, especially since Bass Pro had already gotten rid of them. If you are a GHG decoy fan, I guess it is Gander Mountain or online now. I personally think the GHG decoys look great, though they do lose paint easily, and the customer service leaves much to be desired.

Sorry for being being so hard on a Red Raider. Especially since my son is headed there in the fall. Suns Up. Guns Up!

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: jdk1985] #5570052 01/29/15 01:44 AM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Not to hijack the thread but how did your Christmas eve hunt go Tomcat?

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: Hogman4127] #5570116 01/29/15 02:17 AM
T
TOMCAT21 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Hogman4127
Not to hijack the thread but how did your Christmas eve hunt go Tomcat?

Sent you a PM.

Re: GHG Pro-Grade Wigeon [Re: jdk1985] #5570124 01/29/15 02:19 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Dayum...... the Hogman's back!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread