Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: to2000] #5543928 01/15/15 04:40 AM
T
thruxton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: to2000
I thought your video was great. These people bustin your balls are more than likely city boy wanta be hunters. Dont let them get to you. They lease some land throw up a feeder and hunt on the wknds during deer season. Keep trapping them and showing your footage however you please. Most of these boys are the ones scared to death while walking to their deer blinds in the dark. Keep it up bud!!!!!!

Ps-city folks need to stay in the city

You're an idiot.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: thruxton] #5543975 01/15/15 05:25 AM
T
to2000 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: thruxton
I thought your video was great. These people bustin your balls are more than likely city boy wanta be hunters. Dont let them get to you. They lease some land throw up a feeder and hunt on the wknds during deer season. Keep trapping them and showing your footage however you please. Most of these boys are the ones scared to death while walking to their deer blinds in the dark. Keep it up bud!!!!!!

Ps-city folks need to stay in the city

You're an idiot.

Yep your right. Im an idiot for logging into this forum and reading yalls bull [censored].

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544018 01/15/15 06:32 AM
T
Txcatman1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
That's all fine and dandy everything you said above but you will learn sooner or later that by you publisizing what you do you will draw too much unwanted attention to yourself. After you get a few hundred catches under your belt it's all business, no pictures, no video just be humble and trap every last one of em that you can. It just seems to me that your into your video or social media more than grindin everyday settin steel and really managing coyote populations. Your first post on a texas hunting forum was a video of you trapping 3 coyotes in Georgia. Put 20-30 down in a week and make an instructional video on how to manage coyotes, you didn't explain your sets, like pain tension, length from dirt hole, what is a dirt hole, anchoring system, what's in the hole, why did you set the trap there, etc... Get my drift. That's the kind of videos trappers need to make, focus on the teaching and why trapping is necessary to effectively control predators.

Texas fur and skull buyer
Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544167 01/15/15 01:30 PM
T
TXGH Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
What people supporting this video are failing to see is, that the majority of the issues are NOT with the trapping... Like I said, good job on the trapping.. BAD JOB on the video and ethical parts.

You sat there, let them suffer and made them way more scared than needed to be just so you could get a good camera angle.... That is the sickening and sad part. Trapping good, your ethics, VERY BAD!

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544308 01/15/15 02:40 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Funny, I bet a lot of you guys feeling sorry for the poor little coyotes are the same ones that are mad at fenceline hunters killing 'your' deer. Those coyotes killed WAY more of your trophy bucks than any 20 hunters around you. As one person pointed out, have you ever seen a coyote start eating on an animal they're chasing? They don't care. Do you think they cared how scared my flock of goats was when they ran them into a corner and killed some of them? F all coyotes and I wish a miserable death to each and every one.

These all looked defeated but the one I walked up on caught in a snare was raging not only to get away but also to get at me. Wish I'd had my camera that day.

Keep on keeping on, OP.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: Txcatman1] #5544438 01/15/15 03:40 PM
D
deerhuntinghippie Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: Txcatman1
That's all fine and dandy everything you said above but you will learn sooner or later that by you publisizing what you do you will draw too much unwanted attention to yourself. After you get a few hundred catches under your belt it's all business, no pictures, no video just be humble and trap every last one of em that you can. It just seems to me that your into your video or social media more than grindin everyday settin steel and really managing coyote populations. Your first post on a texas hunting forum was a video of you trapping 3 coyotes in Georgia. Put 20-30 down in a week and make an instructional video on how to manage coyotes, you didn't explain your sets, like pain tension, length from dirt hole, what is a dirt hole, anchoring system, what's in the hole, why did you set the trap there, etc... Get my drift. That's the kind of videos trappers need to make, focus on the teaching and why trapping is necessary to effectively control predators.

I work a full time job and have a family. I don't see myself having the time to run a huge line any time soon. I also don't see me catching 20 or 30 in a week any time soon because for one, I could only afford 9 traps and for two, there isn't enough time in my day. I'm by no means a professional and don't claim to be. Heck, I know I'm a flat out rookie, still today.
The property I trapped in the video was a property owned by one of my dad's friends. He told me that I could set the traps on his property to help me learn considering he had many coyotes on his property.
I didn't do any instructional cuts because again, like I said, this was my first time EVER trapping. I didn't know if I would be successful. And I also didn't feel comfortable explaining to folks how to do something that I myself wasn't sure that I could do.
My next video will include my process but it won't be a how to video. I still have much to learn. This is only my second season and like I said, I don't run many traps so I'm not gaining a whole lot experience each year. I'm also not going to include as much graphic scenes in the next video. Not because I feel that there is anything wrong with it but because now that it has been shown there is no need to show it again. I wanted at least one honest video and I made it to the best of my ability.
I'm also not trying to become a celebrity on youtube haha. Fame is not intriguing to me in the least. I do, however, have a passion for video that was birthed from making this trapping video. Someone mentioned The Management Advantage on youtube and how my video was a rip off of their work. That is probably more true than most folks under such scrutiny would admit. I did enjoy their first 2 videos regarding trapping and it was their videos that inspired my approach at the editing table. I was new at editing and just like with writing, imitation in the infant stages is the fastest way to learn. I feel that I know my way around the editing software well enough now to create my own style from scratch and that's a good feeling. But imitation should be taken as a compliment by the original creator. That's how I would take it anyway.
But txcatman1, it is interesting to me that you seem to think that all I am worried about is social media. Sure, I'm on facebook and instagram and twitter. But that's not really uncommon these days. I figured I'll be hunting fishing and trapping regardless so why not take a camera with me especially considering my new found love of video editing? And why not share my videos? I can't tell you how much time I spend on youtube watching people like myself. I share their videos and leave positive feedback and more than anything, I learn. That's all I'm doing. Sure, my videos are monetized but most videos are these days. If I can make enough on youtube to pay for a tank of gas each month than the way I see it that's the closest I will ever come to actually making money doing something I love to do-something I'd be doing anyways. It seems to me you are concerned with my video because it could impact your fur buying business. How much money do you make off of forums and social media through people you meet there if you don't mind me asking? Probably more than I'll ever make on youtube.

Follow me on Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
Somewhere between Henry David Thoreau and Joe Dirt.
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544545 01/15/15 04:25 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
cheers up

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544568 01/15/15 04:34 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Keep it up OP - looks like you're off to a great start. I know that trapping stuff isn't easy! Don't worry about the antis in here or anywhere else.. you don't need their approval to do what you do.
texas

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5544607 01/15/15 04:57 PM
T
thruxton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Funny, I bet a lot of you guys feeling sorry for the poor little coyotes are the same ones that are mad at fenceline hunters killing 'your' deer. Those coyotes killed WAY more of your trophy bucks than any 20 hunters around you. As one person pointed out, have you ever seen a coyote start eating on an animal they're chasing? They don't care. Do you think they cared how scared my flock of goats was when they ran them into a corner and killed some of them? F all coyotes and I wish a miserable death to each and every one.

These all looked defeated but the one I walked up on caught in a snare was raging not only to get away but also to get at me. Wish I'd had my camera that day.

Keep on keeping on, OP.

Welcome to mother nature. Because animals do what they have to do to survive, doesn't necessitate that we as hunters use unethical means to remove them.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: thruxton] #5544620 01/15/15 05:03 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D

Keep on keeping on, OP.

Welcome to mother nature. Because animals do what they have to do to survive, doesn't necessitate that we as hunters use unethical means to remove them.

Are you kiddin me?? He's not breaking any laws. Stop judging. The next guy's gonna tell you killing innocent animals is unethical.

Here.. I think this is where you were wanting to go http://www.peta2.com/boards/

We're hunters in here and no one's gonna apologize to you or anyone else for what we do.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544637 01/15/15 05:13 PM
T
Txcatman1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Still talking about your video and your editing and everything once again. Your first post was hey check out a video I made, how Is that not searching for attention. If the video was not your main concern here then you wouldn't have done that. Believe me, your video will not effect my business. The longer your involved in the game you will understand what I'm saying to you. Your all excited and what not about the video but you will soon realize that trapping and social media do not mix well. Keep it to a select group of people and that's wonderful, there's nothing wrong with you videoing a couple trapped yotes, what the problem is is that you are putting it out there like hey look at me check this out. That not what trappers do. You posted this on a varmit hunting forum and look at the feedback you got. I speak from experience brother so it's just a matter of time before you start getting chastised for doing something that needs to be done. The management advantage videos are much more tasteful to watch and are educational. Sorry man but a seasoned trapper would not put himself out like that, less others see is more for us, see what I'm sayin. If you wanna make videos, make videos. If you wanna trap, then trap. They don't mix well as your finding out

Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: DuckCoach1985] #5544638 01/15/15 05:13 PM
T
thruxton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Keep on keeping on, OP.

Are you kiddin me?? He's not breaking any laws. Stop judging. The next guy's gonna tell you killing innocent animals is unethical.

Here.. I think this is where you were wanting to go http://www.peta2.com/boards/

We're hunters in here and no one's gonna apologize to you or anyone else for what we do.

I think we already established trapping animals for making an overly glorified video at the sake of the animals well-being isn't considered hunting. If you condone that then you're far from being a spokesman for what hunting is about.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544674 01/15/15 05:26 PM
T
to2000 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
No he thought he was posting his video on a predator hunting forum. This forum is far from a predator hunting forum. Really starting to wonder if it should even be called a hunting forum or not. This thruxton guy needs to go join some peta group. Do you not think shooting a deer with a bow for it to run off and die isnt frighting for the deer? Its all part of hunting or trapping. Im about done with this site.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: to2000] #5544684 01/15/15 05:28 PM
T
thruxton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
No he thought he was posting his video on a predator hunting forum. This forum is far from a predator hunting forum. Really starting to wonder if it should even be called a hunting forum or not. This thruxton guy needs to go join some peta group. Do you not think shooting a deer with a bow for it to run off and die isnt frighting for the deer? Its all part of hunting or trapping. Im about done with this site.

You're an idiot.

Oh wait, I already said that.

Last edited by thruxton; 01/15/15 05:29 PM.
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544685 01/15/15 05:29 PM
T
to2000 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Oh and welcome to mother nature???? REALLY???

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544698 01/15/15 05:33 PM
T
to2000 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
You edited it from me being a hillbilly to im a idiot again confused2
Your awesome

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: thruxton] #5544701 01/15/15 05:34 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D

You're an idiot.

A very educated response.. up

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: DuckCoach1985] #5544708 01/15/15 05:36 PM
T
thruxton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985

You're an idiot.

A very educated response.. up

Ignorance hardly deserves a response.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544760 01/15/15 05:54 PM
T
to2000 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
This is how I see it bud. This is supposed to be a hunting forum. Trapping is and always has been part of hunting. If you dont want to accept that then dont open a thread with the word trap in it. More than likely you are not going to see something you like. If you are worried about the distress of animals I wouldn't open a hog dog thread either. I would hate to see your heart broke bc some dogs had a pig caught. There is a texas fishing forum you might be interested in. They do alot of catch and release. So if im a hillbilly or a idiot thats fine by me. Damn sure wouldn't trade my lifestyle for anything.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: Txcatman1] #5544955 01/15/15 07:13 PM
D
deerhuntinghippie Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: Txcatman1
Still talking about your video and your editing and everything once again. Your first post was hey check out a video I made, how Is that not searching for attention. If the video was not your main concern here then you wouldn't have done that. Believe me, your video will not effect my business. The longer your involved in the game you will understand what I'm saying to you. Your all excited and what not about the video but you will soon realize that trapping and social media do not mix well. Keep it to a select group of people and that's wonderful, there's nothing wrong with you videoing a couple trapped yotes, what the problem is is that you are putting it out there like hey look at me check this out. That not what trappers do. You posted this on a varmit hunting forum and look at the feedback you got. I speak from experience brother so it's just a matter of time before you start getting chastised for doing something that needs to be done. The management advantage videos are much more tasteful to watch and are educational. Sorry man but a seasoned trapper would not put himself out like that, less others see is more for us, see what I'm sayin. If you wanna make videos, make videos. If you wanna trap, then trap. They don't mix well as your finding out

To be completely honest with you, this is the first place I've gotten this much backlash. I am an active member on several other forums online and every now and then a person will express that they didn't care for certain aspects of my videos but heck, I was learning then and I continue to learn each day. So I would disagree with your stance on social media. When I filmed this video it was just me and my father. I now have a group of like minded individuals helping me with getting our outdoor adventures on film. Trapping is a very small fraction of all the activities that we participate in throughout the year. As I said before, we would be doing this whether we were filming or not so why not post the videos online to distribute the videos that we all work hard on to people who otherwise may not stumble across them considering just how vast the ocean of videos on youtube is? And I post the videos in appropriate places. Well, this posting has me second guessing.
As far as The Management Advantage goes... there are shots in some of there videos that are every bit as graphic as my video. One scene in particular comes to mind. One of which the camera is positioned behind a hand holding a pistol pointed directly at a trapped coyote. To get offended by a little bit of dog blood or a coyote's leg straightening out as it dies very quickly is absurd to me. I can't tell you how many times I've watched a deer get gut shot on TELEVISION. Not youtube but TV! Only to hunch up and wabble off in to the thicket to suffer a miserable death throughout the night until the hunter returns in the morning to get the deer. But that's part of bow hunting. We all accept it and embrace it and stand behind it. Less deer would suffer if we did away with archery season and allowed strictly rifle hunting. So, should we do this so that more deer don't suffer.

We are making these videos because youtube allows blue collar folks like myself to monetize their accounts which in turn can give the participants money for the work they put in to making videos. It isn't much money. Heck, I've not made a penny yet. But getting involved online on facebook and instagram and forums like this one help us out. If folks on here are turned off by that then maybe this simply isn't the forum for me.

As far as my first post being a video, I've done that on other forums without people flipping out. And I continue to post on each forum I post my videos on, as you can see... If I were just slinging videos around the net I wouldn't take this time to explain myself.

Follow me on Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
Somewhere between Henry David Thoreau and Joe Dirt.
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5544990 01/15/15 07:40 PM
T
Txcatman1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Your in it for the wrong reasons bro and I'm gonna leave it that. Good luck to you and your video adventures

Greg Novak
Gnovakswa@gmail.com
361-793-6706
Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: to2000] #5545087 01/15/15 08:45 PM
T
thruxton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
This is how I see it bud. This is supposed to be a hunting forum. Trapping is and always has been part of hunting. If you dont want to accept that then dont open a thread with the word trap in it. More than likely you are not going to see something you like. If you are worried about the distress of animals I wouldn't open a hog dog thread either. I would hate to see your heart broke bc some dogs had a pig caught. There is a texas fishing forum you might be interested in. They do alot of catch and release. So if im a hillbilly or a idiot thats fine by me. Damn sure wouldn't trade my lifestyle for anything.

If you were raised to poke a trapped animal with a stick for laughs, then don't get mad when you get called out on it.

I was raised to respect the animals I take. We're lucky that we have the opportunity to hunt with a variety of methods, and if you want to support poor execution of those methods, then so be it. If me making it a point to call those people out that use those poor techniques makes me a city slicker, then you're entitled to your opinion.

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: deerhuntinghippie] #5545208 01/15/15 09:53 PM
daniel1381 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Whats the diff from hog dog clips and people taking hogs with knives?

"From my cold dead hands"

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: daniel1381] #5545259 01/15/15 10:18 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: daniel1381

Re: My first coyote trap-line **video** [Re: daniel1381] #5545291 01/15/15 10:30 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: daniel1381

Bingo.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide