Forums46
Topics538,278
Posts9,735,198
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5525954 01/07/15 08:45 PM
T
TxDuck24 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Says the guy that doesn't hunt the coast for a living!

Ruffling Feathers Guide Service
Capt. Brandon Kendrick
936-671-3407
Port O' Connor, Tx
www.rfguideservice.com
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: TxDuck24] #5526115 01/07/15 10:00 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: TxDuck24

clap roflmao you tell em captain

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: Jeff Elder] #5526126 01/07/15 10:07 PM
T
TxDuck24 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Originally Posted By: TxDuck24

clap roflmao you tell em captain
duel

Ruffling Feathers Guide Service
Capt. Brandon Kendrick
936-671-3407
Port O' Connor, Tx
www.rfguideservice.com
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5526309 01/07/15 11:36 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
I wonder how much money has been blown trying to save that inferior species from the inevitable

#sigline
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: #Hayraker] #5526338 01/07/15 11:54 PM
L
Limit Extender Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Hayraker
I wonder how much money has been blown trying to save that inferior species from the inevitable

Looks like a few more thousand.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: bjones2571] #5526538 01/08/15 01:17 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: bjones2571

I'm no big goose hunter but there is a fair bit of difference between a goose and a whopping crane, no?

I agree, but why release big white birds you're trying to take off the endangered list, in the same area and at the same time, where people are shooting other big white birds? Would you believe me if I told you not everyone actually id's what they're shooting before pulling the trigger?

Many years back when I still lived there, 2 guys in a boat in the A basin, shot a deer hunter out of a tree (he lived) because they thought he was a bear. I guess a bear smoking a cigarette wasn't enough to throw them off. smile

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: #Hayraker] #5526735 01/08/15 02:27 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

The good Ol days of DDT

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: Limit Extender] #5527419 01/08/15 02:34 PM
D
Duckhawker Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D

I wonder if you would be so callous about your own extinction if it was directly caused by another species in a non-predatory manner? I apologize for the dramatization, but just because a species is endangered, does not make it inferior and we are in no place to judge. By your criterion defined above, by far the most worthwhile things on this planet are bacteria and beetles.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: Duckhawker] #5527446 01/08/15 02:42 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: UTAhunter

I wonder if you would be so callous about your own extinction if it was directly caused by another species in a non-predatory manner? I apologize for the dramatization, but just because a species is endangered, does not make it inferior and we are in no place to judge. By your criterion defined above, by far the most worthwhile things on this planet are bacteria and beetles.

Uh oh!!! Yall done ticked off the bunny huggers eek2 bolt

Last edited by wal1809; 01/08/15 04:33 PM.
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: wal1809] #5527460 01/08/15 02:49 PM
D
Duckhawker Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: wal1809

Uh oh!!! Yalled done ticked off the bunny huggers eek2 bolt

Hardly. I am a professional conservation biologist for non-game species. So far this year I've shot about fifty doves, a few quail, three deer, about ten ducks, and caught another twenty ducks with my falcon. I kill things all the time, I just have respect for life.

I wish people realized that's there's only about fifteen species of cranes worldwide. They are a very divergent group of birds and there are no similar evolutionary analogs to cranes as a group. To lose a large, spectacular species in that group such as the whooping crane would make the world a paler, less vibrant world. This was not some animal that was headed for extinction before humans entered North America. This is an animal that has been driven to the brink of extinction by humans. I for one do not take that lightly.

Last edited by UTAhunter; 01/08/15 02:54 PM.
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527479 01/08/15 02:59 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
because they are inferior...snows, canadas, sandhills, ducks...they seem to be fine because they are a strong bird

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527496 01/08/15 03:06 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Oh boy, someone who wants more vibrancy in the world. rolleyes

I think we're already suffering from too much vibrancy.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527497 01/08/15 03:07 PM
D
Duckhawker Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
How about American Bison? We could very easily live in a world without them if we hadn't literally stopped shooting them. Are they inferior?

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527504 01/08/15 03:09 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Each species should be decided on, on a case by case basis, not by some garden-of-eden quasi-religious belief system.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527512 01/08/15 03:11 PM
D
Duckhawker Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
We actually do that. The whooping crane always had enough individuals to justify saving. It's not quasi-religious. I'm an atheist. I also believe in collective responsibility.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527514 01/08/15 03:12 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
You just *think* you're an atheist. The whole environmentalist movement is a substitute for religion -- a religion without god, but a religion none-the-less.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: Duckhawker] #5527560 01/08/15 03:33 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
How about American Bison? We could very easily live in a world without them if we hadn't literally stopped shooting them. Are they inferior?

yes they are inferior also, if they wernt so dumb they would have figured out that white dudes on horses with metals sticks that make a loud bang are bad news.

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527586 01/08/15 03:47 PM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
UTA,

Looks like you took the troll bait...

I'm sure you are aware, but many people won't ever understand the purpose of saving a species, and love to jump on the anti-conservation wagon when they know they will get support from others behind a screen for a good ol fashion "hippie bashing" (in their eyes, not referring to you as a hippy) and overall "trolling". Folks will refuse to accept justifying funds to protect animals from extinction and will never accept to recognize what roles each species play.

Nor will they accept that species such as the crane brings in millions to the local economy every year, is on its way to a pretty successful recovery, is hardly hated by most of the locals, won't shut down duck hunting, and many other theories.

For the "record" I am christian, and recognize that God provided us resources, but he also made everything for a reason and it is also our responsibility to protect the world too, especially when we screw it up in the first place.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527629 01/08/15 04:03 PM
D
Duckhawker Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
TXPride, thanks. Yeah, I fell for the bait pretty bad. I have no problem with religion, but there's an enormous difference when you make decisions based on evidence and logic versus any other type of decision making algorithm. I try to get people to see that science has taken us an enormous technological distance in a very short time frame from about 1500 to the present. We've made more technological progress in 500 years than we did the previous 30,000 years, all by using the process of science.

I was super tied up over the holiday with family and didn't make it out to gun hunt at all. Did you ever get to look at that diver hole?

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527683 01/08/15 04:31 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
What we are doing is shedding a humerous light on an internet forum. My favorite saying lately is "Kewl it boy, have a banana". Take for instance the crack I made about "the bunny huggers are here". I know good and well you were no bunny hugger. It wasn't written as a fact it was was written to invoke a response. It did! I had no idea you were an athiest until I poked a stick at you. It is kind of like jiggling a top water bait in front of a redfish, it can trigger a response. The moral of the story is, the redfish decides the response, not the fisherman.

Last edited by wal1809; 01/08/15 04:32 PM.
Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: Duckhawker] #5527701 01/08/15 04:37 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TXPride
UTA,

I'm sure you are aware, but many people won't ever understand the purpose of saving a species, and love to jump on the anti-conservation wagon when they know they will get support from others behind a screen for a good ol fashion "hippie bashing" (in their eyes, not referring to you as a hippy) and overall "trolling". Folks will refuse to accept justifying funds to protect animals from extinction and will never accept to recognize what roles each species play.

Nor will they accept that species such as the crane brings in millions to the local economy every year, is on its way to a pretty successful recovery, is hardly hated by most of the locals, won't shut down duck hunting, and many other theories.

For the "record" I am christian, and recognize that God provided us resources, but he also made everything for a reason and it is also our responsibility to protect the world too, especially when we screw it up in the first place.

TXPride, thanks. Yeah, I fell for the bait pretty bad. I have no problem with religion, but there's an enormous difference when you make decisions based on evidence and logic versus any other type of decision making algorithm. I try to get people to see that science has taken us an enormous technological distance in a very short time frame from about 1500 to the present. We've made more technological progress in 500 years than we did the previous 30,000 years, all by using the process of science.

I was super tied up over the holiday with family and didn't make it out to gun hunt at all. Did you ever get to look at that diver hole?

why don't you 2 hippies get a room

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: J.P. Greeson] #5527712 01/08/15 04:43 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
clap Garrett that is funnier than all get out! whip

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: TXPride] #5527724 01/08/15 04:48 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
UTA,

It could have been easier to say "There are a bunch of rednecks on here that are bored and want to jack with anyone willing to take the bait."

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: wal1809] #5527824 01/08/15 05:25 PM
C
conifer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: wal1809
UTA,

It could have been easier to say "There are a bunch of rednecks on here that are bored and want to jack with anyone willing to take the bait."

Maybe it could have been easier .....but it could not be more eloquent.

Re: Game Wardens Investigating Whooping Crane Death [Re: Duckhawker] #5527843 01/08/15 05:32 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
TXPride, thanks. Yeah, I fell for the bait pretty bad.

Yeah you did. They were probably hoping you would have put up a bigger fight tho...

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide