Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: Texas Farmer] #5881842 08/17/15 02:27 AM
3-bar-u Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I ordered mine in May of last year and was told I would have it by Aug. Every time I called Dan he said mine was in the next group" to start. When I went by to check on it in Sept, and he promised I would have it in Oct. Mine was just a ten foot ground blind with bow and regular windows. Nothing fancy.So in the mean time I had bought a Redneck blind and really didn't need this one. But I had already paid half down. To be honest, I never did ask for my money back, I still liked his stand and realy wanted it. When I didn't get it by the time deer season started. I called Dan and told him I didn't need it now and to wait till after deer season. Jan, Feb amd Mar, I continued to call him for the status. I kept hearing some type of excuse, too much rain. Which was probably true. The end of April he finally called and said it was ready. Infact, he delivered it to my house. I must say, Dan is a super nice guy, you got to like him. The stands he build are realy cool and different. I think he just bites off more than he can chew, and dosen't want to turn down any job. He is not set up to do the volumn of orders he gets. He needs to tell the coustomer if its going to be a year. You might loose some but its better than to have a bunch of po people. With these type of forums , it can kill your business. That is not my intention, I just wanted to let you know my experance. I'm well pleased with my stand

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5881941 08/17/15 03:34 AM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Someone's declared jihad on this guy

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: 3-bar-u] #5881987 08/17/15 04:49 AM
T
Texas Farmer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted By: 3-bar-u
I ordered mine in May of last year and was told I would have it by Aug. Every time I called Dan he said mine was in the next group" to start. When I went by to check on it in Sept, and he promised I would have it in Oct. Mine was just a ten foot ground blind with bow and regular windows. Nothing fancy.So in the mean time I had bought a Redneck blind and really didn't need this one. But I had already paid half down. To be honest, I never did ask for my money back, I still liked his stand and realy wanted it. When I didn't get it by the time deer season started. I called Dan and told him I didn't need it now and to wait till after deer season. Jan, Feb amd Mar, I continued to call him for the status. I kept hearing some type of excuse, too much rain. Which was probably true. The end of April he finally called and said it was ready. Infact, he delivered it to my house. I must say, Dan is a super nice guy, you got to like him. The stands he build are realy cool and different. I think he just bites off more than he can chew, and dosen't want to turn down any job. He is not set up to do the volumn of orders he gets. He needs to tell the coustomer if its going to be a year. You might loose some but its better than to have a bunch of po people. With these type of forums , it can kill your business. That is not my intention, I just wanted to let you know my experance. I'm well pleased with my stand

True they are nice stands. That's why I paid BIG bucks. Yes he was nice on the phone, but kinda like a politician never a straight answer and not keeping his word, at the time of my order I agreed to a delivery date in 4 months, he said he had a stand or 2 he was finishing up, but that delivery day came & went, then he gave me a 2nd delivery date 4 months after that, that day passed without delivery. I have been very patient & nice about it all giving him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, because you never know whats going on in someone's life, while still letting him know I really needed & wanted it. But still it is his business to make and deliver the product & he has ALL the money PAID in FULL for a long time. I too called or emailed about once a month or less. Yes I know they did have some weather issues, still for months he kept saying he gonna deliver in 2 weeks, then he quit replying to my emails or answering my calls. What would you do ?? So finally I asked for delivery or the money he still hasn't contacted me.

Last edited by Texas Farmer; 08/17/15 05:12 AM.
Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5882269 08/17/15 02:35 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Guys, just saddle up and drive over to his shop. See your stand in construction. Dan's guys work on concrete pads, outside. There's maybe 5 guys over there building these things. This spring was a work stopper for Dan's guys, they couldn't work for several weeks. I'll admit that y'alls concerns also concern me too, but I'm going to keep the faith. BTW, my blind is paid for.

But, I ALWAYS have a Plan B.

Last edited by Cast; 08/17/15 03:01 PM.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: Cast] #5882555 08/17/15 05:37 PM
3-bar-u Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Cast, I have no problem with Dan and not going to through him under the bus.I got my stand, although it took a year I was just explaining to Texas farmer my experience. I can understand why it takes so long . Each one is built by hand, no factory or assembly line to mass produce.I'v been to his place several time, and when it rains ,he's dead in the water.He was also building tornado shelters, but this deer blind business got bigger than he expected. I feel for the guy. but I can also understand the customers frustration.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: Cast] #5883123 08/17/15 10:57 PM
MartyN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted By: Cast
Mine should be ready soon.

Big red flag to me. With the problems others had, Cast posted the above in January and still doesn't have his. Sounds like lots are experiencing the same thing. As neat a product as it is, don't think I would be interested in dealing with that.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: MartyN] #5884307 08/18/15 05:17 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: MartyN
Mine should be ready soon.

Big red flag to me. With the problems others had, Cast posted the above in January and still doesn't have his. Sounds like lots are experiencing the same thing. As neat a product as it is, don't think I would be interested in dealing with that.

Now wait, not really good info. I ordered my original 12' stand in early January. I was in no hurry and said so. I have site work yet to do. Then came the rains. Dan contacted me several times during the rains just to touch base. The original stand was finished months ago. Dan was kind enough to store it for me free. I told him to use it as a model because it was decked out. Recently Dan contacted me about his irate customer waiting for his 12' blind and offered me an upgrade if he could give my blind to his customer. I think it's fair to say that Dan will try to make his customers happy. I dropped by there yesterday (unannounced) and visited my new 21' blind. See my other thread for details.

There it is being worked on. Those are my initials. Other thread has more info.

Cast

[Linked Image]

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5885122 08/19/15 01:29 AM
MartyN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Ok, fair enough. Maybe I misread the situation given the other posts about delays on delivery.

Looks like a really great product Cast. Anxious to hear how you like it.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5886002 08/19/15 06:04 PM
T
Texas Farmer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Cast glad yours is in coming along.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: Cast] #5886075 08/19/15 06:53 PM
T
Texas Farmer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Guys, just saddle up and drive over to his shop. See your stand in construction. Dan's guys work on concrete pads, outside. There's maybe 5 guys over there building these things. This spring was a work stopper for Dan's guys, they couldn't work for several weeks. I'll admit that y'alls concerns also concern me too, but I'm going to keep the faith. BTW, my blind is paid for.

But, I ALWAYS have a Plan B.

I would saddle up, but some of us have full time jobs & can't just take off work to drive 5 hours one way to check on the progress ( besides I hear mine is has been complete & on display for months ). I already paid in FULL for everything including delivery Fee.

Say you want to buy a Truck so you go to the dealer & decide on top of the line model with all the options & they say ok our website says 2 months to get that done but since I am finishing up one or two so you have to wait 4 months instead, you say ok but I have to have it in 4 months do you guarantee it ? They say yes absolutely. you pay for the truck & delivery. You call monthly to check on the progress 8 months pass they say ok its finally ready I will deliver in 2 weeks, every time you talk to them its 2 more weeks. That goes on for 5 months. You cant use your New truck with all the options & have to walk because it's at the dealer because they wont deliver even though you paid a delivery Fee and you don't have the money to buy a 2nd truck because you already paid for the 1st truck with all the options and you hear the dealer is using as a display model & now they wont answer your emails or return you calls because they already know you want to ask when they are going to deliver.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5886143 08/19/15 07:40 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Dang, Texas Farmer, you registered here just to get in on this? All of your posts are here, in this thread. You must be hacked. I don't remember seeing a 20' model with solar panel over there. The pic in my earlier thread is like yours, but it is a 30'.

Are you in on the model special that Dan came up with this year? If so, he is using your blind on-site somewhere as a demo, and then he installs your blind in October. If yours generates an order, you get paid.

I can't see where you are, fill in your profile, if you want me to act as your advocate, email (it's open) me with details and I'll get Dan's ear. I want you to get your blind.

And quit beefing. grin

Cast

[Linked Image]

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5886638 08/20/15 01:33 AM
T
Texas Farmer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
No I'm not in on demo model special. I ordered way before that.... But my blind was going to oil county & would be best site for demo model considering all the neighbors are millionaire's. Yes this thread caught my interest, I wanted to see if others had the same situation as me, especially considering the amount of money and time involved.

Glad yours is in the works and you are confident you will get it by deer season.BEST WISHES to you Cast. Sincerely TF

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897022 08/26/15 03:45 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Well, it looks like this ain't over. Texas Farmer and a guy called 'The Duke' from Fort Worth are now over on PMF saying this stuff about UDT and Dan.

I was over at my Arlington office yesterday afternoon, so on the way back, I stopped by UDT (unannounced) to visit my new 21' blind. Pulled up to the gate and saw Dan's truck. He was walking a client out to his truck after a demo I guess and both were grinning and having a good time.

So, I got to speak with Dan. He started right up thanking me for sticking up for him. It seems that a new client had seen this thread and asked him about it. In a nutshell, Dan said he can't imagine who these guys are. He said a couple of really arrogant guys came by for a tour, possibly that is where they got the info on current builds, like the super tower now in construction, but he can't say why they would declare jihad on him and UDT.

I can't say what their motivation is or could be, maybe they are starting a tank blind outfit and want to drive business to them at UDT's expense.

In any case, if you guys come back to this thread, I want to see some proof that your are indeed legit, so I'll show you mine, and see if you got one to show me.

Here's mine -

Cast

[Linked Image]

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897101 08/26/15 04:28 PM
kry226 Offline
The General
The General
The plot thickens... popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897126 08/26/15 04:47 PM
P
postoak Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
With these things so popular, apparently, you shouldn't have to pay up front. Even a deposit shouldn't be required. If the situation is that the builder doesn't receive payment until he delivers the product then I would betcha that delivery times will drop appreciably.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897222 08/26/15 05:34 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
They're all custom builds. Each one is unique. And, he is still in startup.

Cast

[Linked Image]

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897261 08/26/15 05:57 PM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
How would you get out of one of these if your ATV catches fire (or propane tank/regulator leaks) on the ground level?
Pretty sure I could kick my way thru a wooden-walled blind, but fiberglass?
Hope they come with a smoke detector!
Not sure I could ever see myself 'sleeping' in one of these.
Otherwise, cool.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897327 08/26/15 06:40 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yep, I had those same thoughts, gonna talk it over with Dan. My bunkhouse is on the ground floor, so sleeping there I do have an exit. A battery operated smoke detector is on the list now. And a couple of fire extinguishers. Might just keep a battery operated recip saw in the blind with me.

Old Oak, you're a buzzkill. grin

Cast

[Linked Image]

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897438 08/26/15 07:43 PM
Z
ZK-315 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Z
Pretty slick looking blinds! Maybe have him make a small hatch door out of the side with an exterior ladder just as a safety precaution?

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #5897456 08/26/15 07:57 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm taking this to Dan, I like it, and he gets his best ideas from his clients.

Cast

[Linked Image]

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #6071946 12/08/15 01:40 AM
C
Cajunrotor Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
So I can't help but wonder, Cast, if you received your blind in time for this year's season?

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #6073557 12/08/15 10:29 PM
F
Fat Tire Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I've been wondering the same thing. I pass by one of these on display in Santo on the way to the lease and am always curious how all of this played out.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #6081114 12/13/15 03:43 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Might want to order now and you might have it for next season, I Do like the concept though.

Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #6081278 12/13/15 05:53 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I don't understand why these seem to take soooooooo long to get made. Unless sourcing the towers is really really hard. I can see they are a quality product, and are very well made. Alot of thought goes into the design of these, and I know they are custom. But a good home builder can build an entire house in half the time these take.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Ultradeertowers [Re: postoak] #6081316 12/13/15 06:17 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It's all the rain this year. The blinds are built outside.

Cast

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide