Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5409975 11/10/14 01:21 PM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: _Scooter_
Originally Posted By: NTX RAIDER
Cabela's has a lifetime guarantee on all their footwear including waders. You might want to give their customer service department a call, or swing by whichever store is closet to you.

Sadly, Cabelas Customer Service told me that it has changed to a 1-year deal

Yep, told me samething few weeks ago I posted it on here. I was wondering if it was just the guy I got, but looks like it is official.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: David Crockett] #5409979 11/10/14 01:24 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: David Crockett
Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
What's wrong with 870s?

Nothing. They're a great beginner gun. But if you can only afford to buy one gun, it's better to go ahead and buy something a little more advanced so you're not being held back by your gun once you become an experienced hunter. And to the point, the internet allows us to gather more information than ever before so better decisions can be made based off of reviews, etc. You don't get stuck with an 870 and waders that leak.

I will hold my own with an 870 next to any new fancy gun out there. Sure auto loaders are cool, but they don't kill duck any deader than an 870. I've out shot WAY too many people that are running $1000 guns and $100 chokes too think an 870 is not just as capable as any other gun. I shoot 1000's rounds a year through both pumps and autos. In the right hands an old 870 can't be out done by any of them.

Grab an gun you want and meet me at the range if you think I'm bluffing. $100 a clay?

Last edited by 8pointdrop; 11/10/14 01:31 PM.
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: Jeff Elder] #5409981 11/10/14 01:27 PM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
You have to have your recipt. One year on OTC brand. Life time on cabelas brand just keep your recipt. BTW. I'm on my 5th pair of cabelas supper mag.

One year on Cabalas brand now as well, apparently...

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: David Crockett] #5409989 11/10/14 01:34 PM
J
Jacob645 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
What's wrong with 870s?

Nothing. They're a great beginner gun. But if you can only afford to buy one gun, it's better to go ahead and buy something a little more advanced so you're not being held back by your gun once you become an experienced hunter. And to the point, the internet allows us to gather more information than ever before so better decisions can be made based off of reviews, etc. You don't get stuck with an 870 and waders that leak.

So what is the best shotgun in your opinion?

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: Jacob645] #5410067 11/10/14 02:11 PM
D
David Crockett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Jacob645
What's wrong with 870s?

Benelli autos, hands down.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: 8pointdrop] #5410071 11/10/14 02:12 PM
D
David Crockett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
What's wrong with 870s?

I will hold my own with an 870 next to any new fancy gun out there. Sure auto loaders are cool, but they don't kill duck any deader than an 870. I've out shot WAY too many people that are running $1000 guns and $100 chokes too think an 870 is not just as capable as any other gun. I shoot 1000's rounds a year through both pumps and autos. In the right hands an old 870 can't be out done by any of them.

Grab an gun you want and meet me at the range if you think I'm bluffing. $100 a clay?

Well, I'm not back in Texas yet, so you can hang onto your money a little bit longer. I've not done much duck hunting, but I've probably put a half-million or more rounds downrange (not all shotgun) in my lifetime. If there's one thing I CAN do, it's shoot.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: LuckyDucker] #5410085 11/10/14 02:19 PM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: LuckyDucker
Damn, this dude's a freakin' expert on everything, thanks to the internets...

Truth be told he's the search engine Google uses.

[Linked Image]
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: Jacob645] #5410086 11/10/14 02:19 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
What's wrong with 870s?

Oh no, tell me you did not go there? This should get interesting. troll

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: mohunter] #5410123 11/10/14 02:35 PM
D
David Crockett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: mohunter
What's wrong with 870s?

Why do you act one way in public, in front of your friends, but completely different in private (PM's)? I thought you were cool. Now you're on the list, Ogle.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: David Crockett] #5410144 11/10/14 02:47 PM
_
_Scooter_ Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
_
You have to have your recipt. One year on OTC brand. Life time on cabelas brand just keep your recipt. BTW. I'm on my 5th pair of cabelas supper mag. They last about a season and a half then the boot falls apart. Season 3 on my Macks. But what do I know, I only hunt every day

MPW are the cat's a$$ and they're what all the pros use. Exactly what I said earlier and was ridiculed for it.

I thought you hadn't hunted since you were 7 years old jump shooting ponds?

That's true. But that doesn't mean I haven't done all the research and read hundreds of reviews. Macks' reputation speaks for itself.

You ought to research which way the birds fly when they migrate... just saying- instead of being an "expert" on gear, be an expert on ducks...

Wasn't born in Texas, but I got there as fast as I could.
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: David Crockett] #5410153 11/10/14 02:50 PM
_
_Scooter_ Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
_
You have to have your recipt. One year on OTC brand. Life time on cabelas brand just keep your recipt. BTW. I'm on my 5th pair of cabelas supper mag. They last about a season and a half then the boot falls apart. Season 3 on my Macks. But what do I know, I only hunt every day

Which pair of MPW's are you running Jeff? I'm all ears to somebody who can offer actual useful information from actual experience instead of comparing shoe sizes.

"I've only been once when I was 7, but I'm getting the fever and would really like to start getting into it once I get some money saved up where I can buy a shotgun and some camouflage."

~ David Crockett, Pro Waterfowler 11/08/14

I haven't hunted since I was 7 years old, but the beauty of the internet is that one can do lots of research and not have to learn by trial-and-error. Instead of buying a Remington 870, cheap calls, and inferior camouflage waders, a guy can get it right the first time.

I'll kill ducks all day with cheap calls... Killed more ducks using an old DR85 and MP90 than any number you'll ever catch up to Mr. toddler tank jumper.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410165 11/10/14 02:53 PM
D
David Crockett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D

Which pair of MPW's are you running Jeff? I'm all ears to somebody who can offer actual useful information from actual experience instead of comparing shoe sizes.

"I've only been once when I was 7, but I'm getting the fever and would really like to start getting into it once I get some money saved up where I can buy a shotgun and some camouflage."

~ David Crockett, Pro Waterfowler 11/08/14

I haven't hunted since I was 7 years old, but the beauty of the internet is that one can do lots of research and not have to learn by trial-and-error. Instead of buying a Remington 870, cheap calls, and inferior camouflage waders, a guy can get it right the first time.

I'll kill ducks all day with cheap calls... Killed more ducks using an old DR85 and MP90 than any number you'll ever catch up to Mr. toddler tank jumper.

Yeah right. My shooting ability alone will allow me to surpass you in a season or two.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410170 11/10/14 02:55 PM
_
_Scooter_ Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
_
Ladies and Gentleman... Wonder.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410178 11/10/14 02:59 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: mohunter
[quote=DuckCoach1985]What's wrong with 870s?

Why do you act one way in public, in front of your friends, but completely different in private (PM's)? I thought you were cool. Now you're on the list, Ogle.

If any of you still think this Crockett character is not a troll, guess again.
It is obvious at this point.
I gave you the name of a guide in a PM, which others have too but you obviously are a troll and want to carry on with the nonsense.
I told you, you were a troll in the PM as well.

Carry on with your insight to the duck killing world, Crockett.

Last edited by mohunter; 11/10/14 03:03 PM.
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410180 11/10/14 02:59 PM
_
_Scooter_ Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
_
troll

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: 8pointdrop] #5410353 11/10/14 03:59 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
What's wrong with 870s?

I'm with this guy. I'll meet you there and we'll show him what's up.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410778 11/10/14 06:19 PM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Ladies and Gentleman... Wonder.

Yeah I think I agree

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

http://www.parkerpwr.com/
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410831 11/10/14 06:42 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Scooter for whatever reason Neoprene just does not have a long shelf life. I've been using breathable waders for years now but I remember a few years ago I had an old pair of neoprene waders that had been perfectly fine. On a real cold morning I decided to just bust them out only to find out that they leaked. So somehow after not being used for like 3 or 4 seasons they just started leaking out of nowhere. Kind of sound like your story. My wife sold them in a garage sale for $5 and told the guy they had a leak...the guy didn't care. I'll try to fix waders if they are not too bad but you may win some battles but it's a war you never will win. I have some really crappy rubber ones I'll let you borrow if you really need them until you get yourself straightened out. But long story short you can probably fix the ones you have but I'd go ahead and start looking for a second pair. At this point I will wear old ones when I know I'm hunting easy dry spots to save my better newer ones. The breathable ones seem to be easier to repair and actually have had a good overall durability for me.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410844 11/10/14 06:47 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Trying to fix leaky waders is like trying to kick water up hill. at least that's been my experience!

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: LuckyDucker] #5410845 11/10/14 06:47 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: LuckyDucker
Damn, this dude's a freakin' expert on everything, thanks to the internets...

Im so much cooler online so much cooler online…something something something roflmao

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410849 11/10/14 06:49 PM
J
johnboy91 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Lol it's not the gun it's the shooter come on guys

Tread softly and carry a big stick
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410856 11/10/14 06:52 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Also if you keep your waders in a reasonable temperate storage they will last a lot longer especially if you live in the the desert. Hanging them instead of folding them in half. Even condition them before going from 110 in the garage all summer not moving to 50 degree water opening day.

Ever take dry rotted tires on a trailer that sat for 3 years fill them with air and go down the highway with a load on. 9 out 10 times you won't be making far without a spare does't matter how expensive the tire is.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410858 11/10/14 06:53 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
^^^ I'll be the first to tell you you're right on that one! Fixing waders is clearly not my strong suit!

Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5410881 11/10/14 07:04 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Well you have to give the fix a shot but yeah after a while you just have to move on.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Waders leak this year... Repair? [Re: _Scooter_] #5411135 11/10/14 08:41 PM
T
TXPanhandler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I think y'all should just man up and forget about patching waders...or waders in general.

upshaw-insurance.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide