W
you check rays?

Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5409358 11/10/14 01:56 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Vanguard Laser guards are only available at Cabelas. It is a special make up just for them. The laserguard is not a catalogued gun only the LaserMark.
As far as the laser design on the gun it is the same design that Weatherby has been putting on. LaserMarks since 1975.
That one in photo has exceptionally nice wood.Congrats

Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5410620 11/10/14 05:25 PM
Bbear Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I have the S2 in 7mm-08. The factory ammo was 140 gr Hornady and shot 5 shot groups around .8". It also shot the 140 gr Prvi Parvati ammo into a bit smaller group.
I reload for it and have 140 gr NBT putting 5 shots under .5" with I4350 powder.

Helped guide a young man to his first Axis this weekend, 150 yards right in the deer's 'armpit' and DRT. 7mm entrance and a 1" exit.

Trigger on mine breaks clean right at 3 lbs. Satisfied with it without doing anything to it. Might have to have another in some other caliber. Just have to make up my mind what caliber.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pay it forward - Kids are the future.

Rifles are similar to boats and young women...there's no end to how much money you can pour into them without making them any more useful.
Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5410715 11/10/14 05:53 PM
C
ccoker Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Have only tried the S2s
Have a 7mm08 Hog Reaper with 20" barrel
it shot .3 with Barnes Vortex 120TTSX ammo in the first 10 rounds

Also have a 308 16" threaded project test gun I am working on them with that will stack 150g Barnes Vortex TTSX ammo on top of each other..

Both are great shooters

Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5410769 11/10/14 06:14 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Got an S1 in 300 wby a sporter delux. I think its a beautiful gun. The target from wby is less than 1 inch group and I have loaded several loads as well as Wby factory 180 grain spire points that shot less than 1 inch.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5410939 11/10/14 07:23 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Wet Duck
Ray's Sporting Goods in Dallas??? Not for anything since Ray & Lil Brantley were still alive before Chuck came to work there. At one time Ray was a major major % of my territory's sales as customer of mine, like Smitty's on Jefferson had been, that my company had been extremely generous to when they went in business....but I was able to resolve the problems coming out of the Absentee Owner Buy Out & ReOrg we went thru in '75 with Smitty's, where I had shopped from the late 50's & early 60's and had made friends with the Smith Family during High School...just could never turn that corner with Ray Brantly even though we had carried his Inventory Float since he went into business after WW II, when they moved down from Arkansas from what I was told.

First & Last gun I bought from Ray's was in 1967 before I got into the SG Bidnizz in early '77, and I'll leave it at that.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5411047 11/10/14 07:59 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
BB & CC
Thanks for the comments...that's exactly what I'm looking for in the way of hands on detail info.

I am more than a little familiar with the history of the LazerMark. Dudley Grounds who'd been the Weatherby Rep in the Swest for 22 years had been one of my best friends during and after my years in the SG Rep Bidnizz, and tried to keep up with him after he moved to the Hill Country before he passed.

At the last Denver Wholesaler's Show I attended in '88, working as a Consultant for Eagle Imports that was owned by an ex boss from Stoeger to intro Bersa to the Industry, as I had already left Stoeger... I gave Dud the heads up and intro to Gunther for the Glock SW Rep Position that I had turned down to stay in my new gig in a NY based Home Fashions Mfg as a Nat'l Rep for Dillards and 1/2 of Macy's ....after he got screwed out of Weatherby earlier that year. FYI the SG Rep Bidnizz is a very small group of very aggressive folks ...some of whom being around I think are kinda like swimming with sharks while wearing a swim suit made of freah bloody beefsteak....and others are throwing lifelines of help & information to you (like my getting the recc by a customer who took me into the Glock Meeting) to keep your kind of Ethics & Professional Business Practices in the Bidnizz. I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't miss The Gun Rep Bidnizz though, most fun and more friends than I ever had anywhere else I've worked.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: WileyCoyote] #5411966 11/11/14 02:09 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
BB & CC
Thanks for the comments...that's exactly what I'm looking for in the way of hands on detail info.

I am more than a little familiar with the history of the LazerMark. Dudley Grounds who'd been the Weatherby Rep in the Swest for 22 years had been one of my best friends during and after my years in the SG Rep Bidnizz, and tried to keep up with him after he moved to the Hill Country before he passed.

At the last Denver Wholesaler's Show I attended in '88, working as a Consultant for Eagle Imports that was owned by an ex boss from Stoeger to intro Bersa to the Industry, as I had already left Stoeger... I gave Dud the heads up and intro to Gunther for the Glock SW Rep Position that I had turned down to stay in my new gig in a NY based Home Fashions Mfg as a Nat'l Rep for Dillards and 1/2 of Macy's ....after he got screwed out of Weatherby earlier that year. FYI the SG Rep Bidnizz is a very small group of very aggressive folks ...some of whom being around I think are kinda like swimming with sharks while wearing a swim suit made of freah bloody beefsteak....and others are throwing lifelines of help & information to you (like my getting the recc by a customer who took me into the Glock Meeting) to keep your kind of Ethics & Professional Business Practices in the Bidnizz. I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't miss The Gun Rep Bidnizz though, most fun and more friends than I ever had anywhere else I've worked.
Ron

I'm pretty familiar with the Lasermark myself. Been around the industry a little too .

Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5414715 11/12/14 03:58 AM
S
SkiBuck Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Well I sighted her in this evening and I'm Happy Happy Happy! Last four shots were touching each other at 100 yards using silver state armory's nosler bullet. The trigger is better than my browning A-bolt which is in the same price range. It's a sweet shooter!

Re: Weatherby Vanguard [Re: SkiBuck] #5417253 11/13/14 05:04 AM
R
RickC. Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
I like my .308 Vanguard- the only cons are it's hard on the noses of bullets and I had to change from the Speer 165s I had used for years in my Remington .308. The other is I just could not make my peace with the factory trigger. Yes it is adjustable but still was gritty and creepy. After hunting with it one season I replaced it with a Timney- much smoother and has a 3 position safety now.

"You cain't teach what you don't know any more than you can come back from where you ain't been."- John Osteen
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide