Forums46
Topics538,070
Posts9,732,634
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: People looking for hunting invites... [Re: SapperTitan] #5391260 10/31/14 08:27 PM
T
TxsHunter99 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Sapper why does it piss you off.. I have organizations that are constantly contacting me asking me to get my fellow service members and people I know from the military to sign up for their organizations and go on free hunts and what now. It's a mutually beneficial situation so why get mad

Re: People looking for hunting invites... [Re: TxsHunter99] #5391315 10/31/14 09:06 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: ETxsHunter
Sapper why does it piss you off.. I have organizations that are constantly contacting me asking me to get my fellow service members and people I know from the military to sign up for their organizations and go on free hunts and what now. It's a mutually beneficial situation so why get mad
Not talking about organizations I'm talking about service members I have personally known who try to use their service to get free stuff including hunts. One of the first things I learned was to never use your service to this country in that way. Now if people reach out to a service member then I have no issue with that. Just don't think its right to go asking people if you can hunt their property using your service to try and get it. Also when you hear other soldiers complaining about only being able to shoot pigs and does on a hunt they were invited to then you can tell who is and isn't grateful for the opportunity. Im also not just pointing out military but people in general do this.

Re: People looking for hunting invites... [Re: redchevy] #5391562 11/01/14 12:42 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Don't invite coworkers to come hunt, just don't. Although, the best shot I've ever witnessed was from a gotch-eyed, over weight, alchy Field Service Mechanic we had - 200+ with a lever action from the back of a moving Bronco that I was driving - doe, clean through the head. 'Still trying to figure that out.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: People looking for hunting invites... [Re: redchevy] #5391606 11/01/14 01:16 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Personally, I enjoy taking others hunting and fishing with me. Especially if they don't often get the opportunity. I've been blessed and fortunate in years past to have a really great deer lease. Decently large acreage, low hunter numbers and high quota per hunter. Hunters had guest privileges as long as they shot from your quota. The quota was well more than I could hope to consume in a year, so I spread the wealth and took a friend or family member with me when I went. Some of the best memories I have.

Same thing when I had my offshore boat. I always took guests with me. A friend got me into offshore fishing. When we took his boat he paid for nothing. I bought the fuel, the bait, lunch/dinner/breakfast. I pulled my weight. If I take someone else it is a nice gesture when they pony up to help with the expenses. This will generally ensure a return trip for them in the future. Those that don't offer typically won't get a second invite. Hey, I'm not a millionaire. The lease costs a lot of money. Boats and offshore gear is very expensive. Fuel is too. It's only right to kick in a few bucks to help out.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: People looking for hunting invites... [Re: redchevy] #5391675 11/01/14 02:35 AM
R
RoadBlock Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
This is the sort of thing that I can't even fathom. I've only been hunting for a few years, this is my third season, and most of the hunting I've done has been because of the generosity of other people. I've Never went out on a hunt and not done my share of the work, several of those hunts have been disabled veteran hunts, hosted by different people or groups, I've seen a lot of guys go out, shoot an animal and walk away. I just can't understand. I love off of my disability and what I can make selling my work, no one in my family hunts except my FIL and his lease has strict rules on guests, so I don't have any property of my own or my families that I can hunt, but if I had even 5 acres with deer on it/going through it, I'd hunt it and be happy as a pig in mud. I always offer to help with any and everything I can, I'm disabled and I still offer to help no matter what it is. I gut, skin and quarter my own deer, I even process it myself. When I go on a hunt I find out all the info I can about the land owner and make a blown glass piece with the ranch logo on it, I even offer to let the host use the military/veteran discounts I get on hunting gear, like moultrie, and stealth cam, and browning etc etc. I can't use all that stuff not having my own place so I offer it to them, I offer to give them the little bit of hunting gear I have as a thank you. I don't get how someone with the means to hunt could be a leech on someone else, it's sad, infuriating and just plain annoying. I'm not sure I could keep my mouth shut, so your a better man than me. I understand the need to vent, I've had to do that a few times on here myself. Good luck.

Re: People looking for hunting invites... [Re: redchevy] #5391726 11/01/14 03:28 AM
C
Cow_doc.308 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
This is just my second season on a lease. Before coming to Texas I'd never paid for a lease. We had family land at home and plenty of public land.

Since I don't know a ton of people out here that hunt I don't have many folks hitting me up for invites. Only person thats really asked is a client of mine thats 16 now. Took him on a duck hunt last year and coyotes in the afternoon. He's a good kid and has better toys than I do. lol But he's very humble. He knows he's very blessed and appreciates what he has. Plus he works his rear off with his cattle. I'll take him more this year for ducks and varmints. We don't have enough deer tags to get him on a deer.

Not to mention he's invited me on several hunts that I haven't had time to make.

Re: People looking for hunting invites... [Re: Cow_doc.308] #5391766 11/01/14 04:04 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: Cow_doc.308
This is just my second season on a lease. Before coming to Texas I'd never paid for a lease. We had family land at home and plenty of public land.

Since I don't know a ton of people out here that hunt I don't have many folks hitting me up for invites. Only person thats really asked is a client of mine thats 16 now. Took him on a duck hunt last year and coyotes in the afternoon. He's a good kid and has better toys than I do. lol But he's very humble. He knows he's very blessed and appreciates what he has. Plus he works his rear off with his cattle. I'll take him more this year for ducks and varmints. We don't have enough deer tags to get him on a deer.

Not to mention he's invited me on several hunts that I haven't had time to make.
Is his name Jensent? LOL

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide