Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5294240 09/08/14 01:54 PM
K
Kenneth1977 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
I personally think that in Texas you should be able to carry open except in or around major cities/metroplexes.
Thats where we should be able to most of all because thats where most of the crime is .

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5294372 09/08/14 02:49 PM
H
hovercat Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I do not want to make tShawnB the first target. I do not want anyone to infringe upon your right to conceal a firearm if you choose. CC, OC or no carry. As the citizen, not the legislature decides.

Re: open carry [Re: hovercat] #5294921 09/08/14 06:55 PM
E
Elliot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted By: hovercat
I do not want to make tShawnB the first target. I do not want anyone to infringe upon your right to conceal a firearm if you choose. CC, OC or no carry. As the citizen, not the legislature decides.

Either you are for the second Amendment or you aren't. Don't allow your personal feelings to infringe on someone else's rights.

I want open carry. I want concealed carry. There are times I will conceal, and times I will open carry. Point is, if we are divided, the anti's win. Period.

Re: open carry [Re: Elliot] #5295228 09/08/14 09:35 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Elliot

Either you are for the second Amendment or you aren't. Don't allow your personal feelings to infringe on someone else's rights.

I want open carry. I want concealed carry. There are times I will conceal, and times I will open carry. Point is, if we are divided, the anti's win. Period.

Put out an ultimatum and we will lose.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: open carry [Re: dogcatcher] #5295468 09/08/14 11:44 PM
E
Elliot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
How? There is no grey with the anti's. Sets the bar high for us.

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5295848 09/09/14 02:56 AM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
If it were put to a vote, I would vote for open carry btw. I just think concealed carry is a responsible way to support the 2A. I have lots of guns, even a few that go pew pew multiple times when you hold the trigger down. I wouldn't sling my HK 53 over my chest and waltz into the grocery store is my main point, and if I have to, we are all in trouble.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5296201 09/09/14 12:51 PM
TX_LT230FH Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Sometimes "taking a stand" is counterproductive.

Panera Bread joins list of retailers against open carry

[Linked Image]
Re: open carry [Re: TX_LT230FH] #5297110 09/09/14 09:05 PM
E
Elliot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
I am in no way saying we should open carry rifles to try and prove a point. I just ask that we as a group stand together. Not divided. I hate to see people voice out against open carry because they think its dumb or not safe ect. I want everyone to have the option to open carry or conceal.

Re: open carry [Re: Elliot] #5301293 09/11/14 07:52 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Originally Posted By: Elliot
I am in no way saying we should open carry rifles to try and prove a point. I just ask that we as a group stand together. Not divided. I hate to see people voice out against open carry because they think its dumb or not safe ect. I want everyone to have the option to open carry or conceal.
While I agree with your point, the fact that we are seperated has helped. There is so much propaganda for gun control, the fact remains this. The open carry demonstrations have not helped public perception. An independent woman who sees the news about a demonstration in a department store or a restaurant willire than likely side with gun control. I will carry where I carry and when I choose. That is enough to keep me satisfied.

Big Beckett!!
Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5301296 09/11/14 07:54 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
I personally do no agree w the demonstrations. If someone goes into a restaurant with a long gun, my right hand is no longer holding a fork.

Big Beckett!!
Re: open carry [Re: TX_LT230FH] #5301630 09/11/14 11:53 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: TX_LT230FH
Sometimes "taking a stand" is counterproductive.

Panera Bread joins list of retailers against open carry

Oh noooo !!!

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5302010 09/12/14 02:44 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Be careful what you wish for, it might just come to be......remember, Joe the idiot has the same rights as you......

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5302071 09/12/14 03:15 AM
P
piney woods hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
I really don,t understand why texas has such a issue with open carry, I have spent time in Wyoming were residents can carry open or conceled its not a issue. no one is shocked why do we have trouble when it works in so many other states, we have already heard from members who have open carried in other states, answer that one will someone

NRA all the way god guns and guts made us free , i want all three
Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5302077 09/12/14 03:19 AM
P
piney woods hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
if we make open carry legal the groups with rifles will disappear, they are trying to get attention,they are and its not all good, no one is going out in public with rifles in Wyoming, maybe a holster handgun that freaks nobody out

NRA all the way god guns and guts made us free , i want all three
Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5330318 09/28/14 05:30 PM
T
Tumbleweeds Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I'm for open carry in Texas. Without having to get a permit. My question to those that are against in Texas is Why aren't they freaked out when they see a police officer openly carrying his gun on his/her hip? As stated by others, It works in other states. What makes Texas different than those states that already have open carry?

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know." - Groucho Marks
Re: open carry [Re: Tumbleweeds] #5331286 09/29/14 03:17 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Tumbleweeds
I'm for open carry in Texas. Without having to get a permit. My question to those that are against in Texas is Why aren't they freaked out when they see a police officer openly carrying his gun on his/her hip? As stated by others, It works in other states. What makes Texas different than those states that already have open carry?

Comical

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5336448 10/01/14 06:26 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I'll throw out some thoughts. Open carry is going to worry some people. These folks may be the bunny lovers and tree huggers but they vote and if you upset them too much you've just asking for trouble. When I was a kid there was a small restaurant where this guy would routinely come in with his girlfriend. He had knee high fringed moccasins and worn a holstered revolver and I thought he was pretty cool and the folks back then didn't seem to mind but that world is gone.
The other issue is telling everyone you have a firearm. Let's say there is a bad guy that is having trouble buying a handgun and he sees you. He hides in a corner and whacks you on the noggin to get your gun. It's like walking around with a bankroll of dollars in your hand.
SO.....I'm all for concealed carry without any requirement for any license. The bad guys are already carrying concealed, license or no license so creating an automatic right to conceal carry won't effect that one way or the other. With the automatic right to concealed carry a crook doesn't know if you are or are not armed and with the weapon concealed all the tree huggers don't get upset.
I think in the State of Vermont this idea of an automatic right to concealed carry is the law. I think the state population is about the same as always so they don't seem to be thinning down their ranks with this law.
This place I hang out in the morning drinking coffee, there's usually about six of us with concealed weapons. The other patrons don't even know it. The crooks might, the place has never been robbed.

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5336610 10/01/14 07:50 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
bs Other states have open carry and no one hides in the shadows whacking gun owners in the head. It is a myth that has been spouted out of the mouths of anti gunners, hobbyist gun owners, and the MSM for decades. Take for instance when concealed carry was being introduced. People swore the streets would run red with blood if the law was passed. Guess what... Law passed and crime has dropped and streets have still not changed to red. Some of you guys seem to think that it is ok to chip away a little by little at our rights as long as it doesn't effect you directly. Guess it has worked because 90% of the open carry threads on this board is met with resistance because they think it is a bad idea, because that's what they have heard for years. Indoctrination complete good job sheep up..

P.S. I couldn't care less if I offend the bunny lovers and tree huggers!!!

P.S.S I also couldn't care less if open carried was passed if/when I did it, it would be very sparingly maybe to a BBQ or something. Otherwise I'm concealed up Flame on flame

[Linked Image]

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5336662 10/01/14 08:17 PM
B
Bigfoot Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Obviously there are limits to the 2nd ammendment just like yelling fire in a movie theater.

Does everyone have the right to a gun on their hip? Absolutely not!!! Gang members felons etc should be kept away from firearms but the facts are that the criminals are the ones that usually do have guns unfortunately.

When I was in WV training at Blackheart intl we all wore open carry to lunch and around town and nobody even thought about it or looked at us. It was no big deal! But it was also a very small town.

I love open carry but i also do not want to make families uncomfortable or be tactically disadvantaged. I do not have a CHL but I plan on getting one soon. I feel naked without my .45 near me. I do carry a pistol in the car but I am not always in the car.

Yes there is more crime and criminals in the big city which is more reason to be concealed for that tactical advantage. I just think keep it out of big cities and in rural areas and that will work best for the libtards and the rest of us.

Keeping the libtards happy or compromise is something we have to do. If we dont we will be like our congress and deadlocked and then nobody gets anything!

Last edited by Bigfoot; 10/01/14 08:18 PM.

GO TRUMP!
Re: open carry [Re: Bigfoot] #5336721 10/01/14 08:51 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: Bigfoot
Obviously there are limits to the 2nd ammendment just like yelling fire in a movie theater.

Does everyone have the right to a gun on their hip? Absolutely not!!! Gang members felons etc should be kept away from firearms but the facts are that the criminals are the ones that usually do have guns unfortunately.

When I was in WV training at Blackheart intl we all wore open carry to lunch and around town and nobody even thought about it or looked at us. It was no big deal! But it was also a very small town.

I love open carry but i also do not want to make families uncomfortable or be tactically disadvantaged. I do not have a CHL but I plan on getting one soon. I feel naked without my .45 near me. I do carry a pistol in the car but I am not always in the car.

Yes there is more crime and criminals in the big city which is more reason to be concealed for that tactical advantage. I just think keep it out of big cities and in rural areas and that will work best for the libtards and the rest of us.

Keeping the libtards happy or compromise is something we have to do. If we dont we will be like our congress and deadlocked and then nobody gets anything!

Actually the 2nd amendment does not have limits. It actually states in the amendment itself "shall not be infringed".

No we do not have to compromise and keep the libtards happy.. They wouldn't do the same, why do we have to bend for them. F them. If they had their way they would throw all of our gun rights right out the window never thinking twice about it. The only reason we still have the rights we do today is because the NRA and some of the guys in congress didn't bend to make the libtards happy.

[Linked Image]

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5341610 10/04/14 06:39 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
We have a right to keep and bear arms. The keep part, that's good but when you think about it... the bearing of arms is critical. The guns don't do us much good if they have to stay locked up in a closet. So open carry? I figure we live in a political world. Theoretically the Supreme Court ought to rush to the defense of the Second Amendment but the Supreme Court today is just as political as the Congress and White House.
In the Old West those coming in off of the plains had to check their weapon's at the Sheriff's. Local rule. Maybe local rule is best. Maybe we don't live in a one size fits all world. In a rural area carrying a shotgun or rifle in a rack in the rear window of your pick up truck- keeps it handy in case to see something you want to shoot. Driving around in a crowded city, let's face reality- you are going to upset a lot of people, people who vote, vote for people that won't be on your side, and no Supreme Court to save you. Like it or not, the future of our gun rights rests at least in part on our behavior.

Re: open carry [Re: BowsNbones88] #5341996 10/05/14 12:41 AM
H
hovercat Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
With the above post, I can see the new local laws.
Because of recent immigration, town ABC is now majority Muslim. The carry of Bibles in public is strictly prohibited. They may be transported in a locked case hidden from view. Those who wish to possess a Bible must first apply to the local council and show need, and good moral character, along with a $480 fee. If a justifiable need is found, a permit may be issued which will be valid for 3 years, but may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the council.
The transfer of Bibles is only legal between those who have permits, at the discretion of the council and including a $80 fee. Transfer includes gifts and wills, even to include loaning a Bible if not in the original permit holder's control.

Rights are there to protect the few from the many.

Re: open carry [Re: hovercat] #5342042 10/05/14 01:18 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: hovercat
I have tried open carry when working in WA last year. Easy and comfortable. No permit or training required. In the city, and small children were not frightened, women did not faint and men did not rush about in panic. Really, no-one noticed or cared if they did. Bring the same to Texas.

Tell me you didn't. You mean people did not run to the other side of the street when they saw you coming? Did little kids sit close to you in the ice cream parlor? Surely you had specialized training and knew how to talk cats out of trees.

Re: open carry [Re: Slow Drifter] #5342046 10/05/14 01:20 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
I open carried when I was working out in Arizona back in 89-90 and nobody looked twice at me.

Maybe that speaks to your sig line regarding ugliness ?? Sorry, just joshing, little to laugh about now days...

Re: open carry [Re: tShawnB] #5342059 10/05/14 01:26 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
If it were put to a vote, I would vote for open carry btw. I just think concealed carry is a responsible way to support the 2A. I have lots of guns, even a few that go pew pew multiple times when you hold the trigger down. I wouldn't sling my HK 53 over my chest and waltz into the grocery store is my main point, and if I have to, we are all in trouble.

You are correct, we are in trouble...

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide