Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5182002 07/01/14 02:35 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Regional Sales Manager? Would that have been Sachal Baig, Regional Sales Manager. I have spoken with him in person at the AR15 pajama party NV event and emailed with him a couple of times. He promised at the event they would be shipping mid June. I contacted him on June 18th and was informed that 200 units were en route and expected any day (which indicates construction is elsewhere). He promised to let me know when they arrived and were shipped. Still no word. Those 200 units should have arrived and been shipped to customers already and nobody has any such units so far.

At the AR15 event, sort of like what was told to you, 5x models in June, 3x in July. Of course, these were all due in February.

I am sure the RSM told you what he told you, but ATN have changed their story so many times already that I see no reason to believe what they are saying. I would like to believe that the scopes will materialize, but so far ATN has failed to deliver on EVERY promised date on this unit.

Hey, if they deliver, than sooner or later then a promised date will come true, right?

Let me put it another way. So far, ATN doesn't even have any promotional videos made from the scopes or even any through-scope imagery to highlight capabilities. You would think that if they were about to ship, as you were told, that they would have functional scopes from which images and video had been derived to promote said scopes. Yet, nothing so far. All they have is their stock photoshopped images that have been provided to the the customer an idea of what he might see through the scope, but that is it. http://www.atncorp.com/x-sight-night-vision-rifle-scope-5-18x

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 07/01/14 02:41 PM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: Pittstate] #5182155 07/01/14 04:28 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Pittstate
They are on track to start shipping pre-orders in 2 or 3 weeks.

On track... On track started back in February when a good many of us got on the list.. I think you miss how many times people have been told dates, only to have them come and go. What they told you could pan out. I mean, I think they have every date covered between now and 2020... One of those will win the lottery...and I do believe a product will eventually be delivered. Too much invested, too much at stake...and that isn't all financial.. up

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5183055 07/02/14 02:02 AM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
From what I know, they were suppose to be out for Fall 2014 with a possible ship date in late spring. The first date I was told was April they were shooting for (I could be wrong, but that is what I know about). They kept pushing out the possible release date a couple times, but I don't know if any ship dates pushed out.

New products that show up at SHOT, are lucky to make the market the next fall and many are late coming out (if at all). If they ship the 5-18X in July/Aug and the 3-12X in Sep, I would call it a successful launch. You wouldn't believe all the products that are promised to be out that never make it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not making excuses for them and you never know until you have it in your hands. Been burnt many times in my executive retail career on new products.

Last point. We have the 5-18X on our website and we wouldn't have it up there without a confirmed ship date from the vendor. I spoke with our Optics team yesterday and they confirmed the ship dates on the 5-18X. Can they miss the ship date? Yes, but there are financial consequences in place if they do through our Vendor Trade Agreements.

Lastly, I am not here to verify and guarantee anything. I am just trying to share information that is not confidential to help you all out.

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: Pittstate] #5183220 07/02/14 03:43 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
cabosandinh noted that they were due out in Feb/March based on talking with the folks from ATN at the Shot Show. Bearclaw clarified with mid-March. Orders were made based on those dates.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4913309/My_next_acquisition_to_the_hog

I hope you are right about the date, but you spoke with a regional rep. I spoke with a regional rep. We don't different stories. Imagine that.

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5183515 07/02/14 01:35 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Fully understand Pittstate... We're all "struggling" through it. You are right about SHOT and the release of products. ATN is certainly not the only vendor that has missed verbal release dates. In fact, it almost seems to be an industry standard or even a ritual... smile The thing is, they (all of them) told us at SHOT, that the X-Sight "will be on the shelf in late February". I heard it said more than once. Then, no sooner than everyone gets out the door at SHOT, it moves to March and it has been on the run ever since. When your marketing scheme creates the ill will and disgust this one has it is not good business. No company should ever want the situation to be the way this has been. Just the same, they all do it in this industry to one extent or another.

Your idea that if it were delivered by fall it would be a "successfull launch" because of what you originally understood makes sense to you, but not a good many others based on what they were told directly from the CEO on down. Just the same, I believe the term "successful launch" is a very broad term. So, based solely on that term I think it will be wildly successful in that the product will sell very well if it is what it has been said to be. Of course, that is a totally different definition of "successful launch".

Thanks for sharing the info... up

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: dfwroadkill] #5183541 07/02/14 01:50 PM
B
Bar-D Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I too had pre ordered one. Update from my vendor yesterday said ATN told them the ship date was end of July for the 5/18, September for the 3/12. Not taking sides here, just sharing the latest information I have.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: Bar-D] #5183593 07/02/14 02:21 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: bar-d
Not taking sides here....

We're all on the same side... up

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5183719 07/02/14 03:32 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
The side without working X-sight scopes.

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: Pittstate] #5187026 07/04/14 07:09 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

Last point. We have the 5-18X on our website and we wouldn't have it up there without a confirmed ship date from the vendor.

If you are referring to Cabelas, those have been on the Cabelas website for months.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: DavidK] #5187384 07/05/14 01:51 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: DavidK

Last point. We have the 5-18X on our website and we wouldn't have it up there without a confirmed ship date from the vendor.

If you are referring to Cabelas, those have been on the Cabelas website for months.

Confirmed ship date? What does that mean? A call was made twice or that the units have shipped?

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: Bar-D] #5190120 07/07/14 05:34 PM
B
Bar-D Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I too had pre ordered one. Update from my vendor yesterday said ATN told them the ship date was end of July for the 5/18, September for the 3/12. Not taking sides here, just sharing the latest information I have.

Just FYI, I just checked with ATN and this is what I was told in a live chat with Alson:

Alson
If you were to place a pre-order now, the expected ship date would be between Sept-Nov

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5190583 07/07/14 09:30 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
What if you pre-ordered 5 months ago?

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5190611 07/07/14 09:54 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
If you were to place a pre-order now, the expected ship date would be between Sept-Nov

Did they say what year? confused2

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
What if you pre-ordered 5 months ago?

Hush, based on the above you got yours some time between April and June... rofl

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: dfwroadkill] #5190820 07/08/14 12:33 AM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I too have on ordered (5-18x) back in Feb. and have been getting the same story as the rest of you. I know the last time I spoke with my dealer he said that the 3x was due out before the 5x, maybe I misunderstood. He also stated that release was for (5x) July so now I wait as before for the next dreaded email saying its put off again.
I guess I will just keep using my Miopta for the time being.
As to the calibur they stated that a .308 was what it was rated for, of course smarta$$ me had to ask if that included my .300wsm since technically it is a .308, he didnt like that too much.
BTW great board and lots of good info here.

S

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5192310 07/09/14 12:40 AM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Originally Posted By: DavidK

Confirmed ship date? What does that mean? A call was made twice or that the units have shipped?

If you look on the Cabelas website today, it will show backorderable and ship within 0-1 weeks. Last week it said 1-2 weeks. We had vendor confirmation of the shipments coming the middle of July. I was out of the office most of last week and haven't checked this week to see if any changes have been made to the ship dates. If they do change, you will see it on our website when you bring up the product (as referenced above). Again, this can change, but when we have confirmed ship dates, our vendors are help accountable to hitting those (financial ramifications if they don't).

Again, just relaying information that I can to help. I can assure you the information we get is usually much more accurate than the public gets. This is why I have to be careful on what I disclose. Reps tend to give the public a rosier picture than they should at times.

I hope that when it does launch, it is right and not recalled. I can wait an extra few months for a better product.....especially if this thing is 70% as good as advertised.

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5192515 07/09/14 02:45 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I am not sure the information that you are relaying is all that useful. In fact, I am fairly certain you are not telling us anything about ATN. You are just telling us about Cabela's.

That Cabela's has a countdown doesn't really substantiate anything. Just because Cabela's may be expecting something doesn't mean ATN will deliver it.

Sure, shipping is 0-1 week? Well, we already know it isn't 0. So you are saying they will ship by the 15th? Let's mark the calendar.

Not all of us are the public, LOL.

BTW, checked the website. It doesn't say it will ship in 0-1 week. It says it is "Estimated Ship in 0-1 week." No promised are being made by Cabela's.

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5194049 07/10/14 02:38 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I seen months ago where Cabelas said estimated ship date was 2-3 weeks. I'm not saying it is wrong this time, but it kept changing as with all the changes we've been noting over the past few months.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5194767 07/10/14 03:41 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
5 days and counting from Cabela's, right?

Uh-oh! I just checked their website. "0-1 week" no longer listed. No time frame is listed. Now, it just says "Backordered."

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5194982 07/10/14 05:43 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
popcorn

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5196188 07/11/14 08:00 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I am sorry Pittstate, but your insider Cabela's information turned out to be off by quite a bit. Cabela's won't be shipping the the 4 days that you suggested (as of now, that is).

Quote:
If you look on the Cabelas website today, it will show backorderable and ship within 0-1 weeks. Last week it said 1-2 weeks.

And if you look at it now? 7-8 times longer than your last time frame.

Quote:
Availability:
Backordered
Estimated Ship Date in 7-8 weeks

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5196550 07/11/14 03:15 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Lol, that's what they have been doing for months, they keep changing it

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5196572 07/11/14 03:24 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
ATN = Attrociously Timed Notice

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5202757 07/15/14 10:29 PM
F
firemed13 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
From ATN facebook:
Thank you all for your patience. We are as anxious as you are to get the X-Sight HD launched.

The final pre-production units have been finished and are in quality assurance and testing. If all passes, which we fully expect, we will be into full blown production.

We expect the first significant quantities of the 5-18 version to start shipping mid August.

We expect the first significant quantities of the 3-12 version to start shipping mid September.

Once again thank you for your patience and excitement.

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5212288 07/22/14 12:06 AM
T
tannerlst Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
The sightmark photon 3.5x is cheap and I've made hits at 400 yards during daytime . Haven't done much of any night hunting just yet. Sighted in my 6.8 today and the last 4 rounds I messed around to see if I could hit the gongs at 400 yards. Last shot I held a little higher and nailed it. Made quite a few hits when it was in my .223 as well at 400

Click to see video

Re: ATN X-Sight Rifle Scopes [Re: hermano W] #5214042 07/23/14 12:40 AM
F
firemed13 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
Posting from ar15.com in ATN industry section from SachalATN:
this is the latest update.

The first shipment is on its way to us and should be here any day. Due to the back orders, the earliest I think you can get your hands on it, if you havent already placed an order, would be October.

You guys want a quality scope so we are making sure everything on this scope works as advertised. All these delays are planned delays and have good reasons behind it.

Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide