Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: therancher] #5138977 06/02/14 12:53 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: therancher
Thank GOD u guys came on and renewed my faith in good ol Texas freedom. I thought for a while I'd woke up in the twilite zone...

I typically tell my ranch guests "while I don't require it, I highly recommend drinking while hunting"..

Nice....

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5139112 06/02/14 02:20 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Thank GOD u guys came on and renewed my faith in good ol Texas freedom. I thought for a while I'd woke up in the twilite zone...

I typically tell my ranch guests "while I don't require it, I highly recommend drinking while hunting"..

Nice....

Now we know who the hunting guide was for Dick Cheney's famous dove hunt. grin

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: therancher] #5139120 06/02/14 02:25 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

Some of the first time shooters at the old job would get so scared and nervous to shoot the rifle at the range they couldn't even qualify.. Told them have a few drinks then come back and see me... every time they would qualify after that with no problem..

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: Navasot] #5139121 06/02/14 02:26 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Navasot

Some of the first time shooters at the old job would get so scared and nervous to shoot the rifle at the range they couldn't even qualify.. Told them have a few drinks then come back and see me... every time they would qualify after that with no problem..

Did the same on the ones that got nervous before trying to shoot an animal.. id pack a few with me in a small cooler before the hunt

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: aeb] #5139142 06/02/14 02:39 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: aeb

Nice....

I see why he likes the HF so much-makes it much easier for all the drunk hunters to get one. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: mudman] #5139205 06/02/14 03:18 PM
O
OldTexan Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Good grief....I can't believe the folks that get upset when alcohol is being consumed responsibly. Sign of the PC times when the mere mention of a cold beer or cocktail conjers up visions of staggering drunks.

I drink regularly but it is a rare occasion you'll see me drunk or be able to tell I've had a drink or two. If I'm going to the shooting range, I'll take a couple beers along to consume afterwards with buddies away from the range. When I play golf, I actually drink during play. eek2 clap

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: mudman] #5139229 06/02/14 03:35 PM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Doesn't BassPro Grapevine have an indoor range and restaurant(w/bar), all under one roof?
Not seeing what the big deal is here.

Would no-doubt be safer than half the dove/deer hunting camps round these parts !!

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: Navasot] #5139249 06/02/14 03:44 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Did the same on the ones that got nervous before trying to shoot an animal.. id pack a few with me in a small cooler before the hunt

Exactly.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5139267 06/02/14 03:49 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: aeb

Nice....

I see why he likes the HF so much-makes it much easier for all the drunk hunters to get one. smile

Actually, when they get too drunk to shoot I just break out the buick and we run them into a corner and squash'em.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: OldTexan] #5139269 06/02/14 03:51 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: OldTexan
Good grief....I can't believe the folks that get upset when alcohol is being consumed responsibly. Sign of the PC times when the mere mention of a cold beer or cocktail conjers up visions of staggering drunks.

I drink regularly but it is a rare occasion you'll see me drunk or be able to tell I've had a drink or two. If I'm going to the shooting range, I'll take a couple beers along to consume afterwards with buddies away from the range. When I play golf, I actually drink during play. eek2 clap

I could have written that post! I guess it comes from living in Brazoria Co... Spent 30 of the best years of my life there.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: therancher] #5139328 06/02/14 04:23 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
[/quote]

Actually, when they get too drunk to shoot I just break out the buick and we run them into a corner and squash'em.

I was thinking of swinging a stick out the window, but squashing sounds more fun.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: Simple Searcher] #5139401 06/02/14 04:53 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

I was thinking of swinging a stick out the window, but squashing sounds more fun. [/quote]

When my "Amos Moses" Louisiana hunters come, we just "knock'em in the head with a stump"... saves ammo.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: therancher] #5143934 06/05/14 02:54 PM
O
Oldpaint Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Frisco Gun Club has a nice restaurant and Bar.

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: mudman] #5145276 06/06/14 03:33 PM
J
jrgocards Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
BPS has a gun range and a restaurant that sells alcohol - don't get why folks are upset over this place after reading the article.

JR

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: mudman] #5145288 06/06/14 03:43 PM
Paluxy300blk Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Believe it or not, when I lived in Massachusetts I was very active in a gun club that had a bar. It was a very profitable venture for our club! This is not uncommon.

As long as the drinking is done after shooting, I don't see a problem, so long as the drinkers are responsible when they later get behind the wheel. It's a tricky subject.

Re: Gun Range serving Alcohol? [Re: therancher] #5145296 06/06/14 03:52 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Perfectly legal and what part about not shooting after drinking are ya'll missing?

These are going up everywhere there is a smidgen of freedom left BTW. There's one in the DFW area (I think it might have been the first), and one in the Atlanta area.

Frisco Gun Club (north Dallas) an upscale indoor range have a 5 star restaurant inside that serve fine dining and fine wines/ spirits
for their VIP members

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide