Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: DannyB] #5049098 04/01/14 06:50 PM
MDMORROW Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: DannyB
Good luck enforcing this, but from some recent reading a property owner not only owns the subsurface rights to their property, unless of course their mineral rights have been sold or leased, but the property owner also owns all of the air space above their property. The exception is areas near airports in landing and takeoff paths.

I don't believe that's correct.

[Linked Image]
Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: MDMORROW] #5049172 04/01/14 07:32 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW
Originally Posted By: DannyB
Good luck enforcing this, but from some recent reading a property owner not only owns the subsurface rights to their property, unless of course their mineral rights have been sold or leased, but the property owner also owns all of the air space above their property. The exception is areas near airports in landing and takeoff paths.

I don't believe that's correct.

Me either, otherwise I want some royalties for planes flying 20k feet over my house....lol

Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: bigjoe8565] #5049188 04/01/14 07:48 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
To what altitude?

There are various interpretations and regulations and some specific instances, but you basically own the air rights the to area above your land that you can reasonably use. FAA doesn't allow for normal flying within 500 feet of structures and such. Consideration of air rights in urban areas differ widely than in rural areas. Simply put, you don't own all the air above you or the space that it occupies.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: bigjoe8565] #5049218 04/01/14 08:04 PM
JustWingem Offline
Gentleman Jack
Gentleman Jack
We have Border Patrol that fly over ours quite often.

DON'T GET CONFUSED BETWEEN MY PERSONALITY AND MY ATTITUDE. MY PERSONALITY IS WHO I AM...MY ATTITUDE DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ARE smile
Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5049248 04/01/14 08:19 PM
MDMORROW Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

The regulations are there for the safety of the aircraft as well as those on the ground. The 500 foot rule doesn't apply if an aircraft must make an emergency landing, for example, and must come within that 500 foot. In section 91.3 of the Federal Aviation Regulations, it states that in an in-flight emergency requiring immediate action, the pilot in command may deviate from any rule to the extent required to meet that emergency.

In general an aircraft must be at least 500 foot from any person, other vehicle, structure, etc. The rule doesn't just apply to a structure and doesn't give you ownership of said airspace. You can be sitting on a beach that you don't own but it doesn't make it legal for a guy to buzz you 20 feet over your head. In addition, if the aircraft isn't operating within 500 feet of a noticable structure, person, etc. then they can fly as low as they want over your land and it's perfectly legal. Not necessarily safe, but legal.

[Linked Image]
Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: Jimbo] #5049424 04/01/14 10:05 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Originally Posted By: Cleric
My friends have some property and what some helo hunters do is move them to a property they can hunt on.

So you are saying they herd the hogs and chase them onto their hunting property away from property they can't hunt on?
I had better not see this happen on my leased property or there will be heads rolling.
My friends have some property and what some helo hunters do is move them to a property they can hunt on.

So you are saying they herd the hogs and chase them onto their hunting property away from property they can't hunt on?
I had better not see this happen on my leased property or there will be heads rolling.

Whos? As long as they are high enough it's not illegal

Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: smithwr] #5049445 04/01/14 10:12 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: smithwr
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: takewhatyoucan64
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
I've seen a certain Texas billionaire do that on property along the Brazos he's interested in buying.

Jerry

Bob.

Ranger Bob
or XTO Bob. Either one huh?

Yep. One and the same.

Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: bill oxner] #5049565 04/01/14 11:52 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Imagine them flying and hovering over your house Bill... same thing
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I don't understand the problem.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Helicpoter over lease? [Re: Cleric] #5051298 04/02/14 11:11 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Whos? As long as they are high enough it's not illegal

Exactly!...If they are flying high enough then I doubt they will be very effective at driving or herding hogs off someones property, and that is the reason there are regulations.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide