Forums46
Topics538,963
Posts9,743,543
Members87,132
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #5139214 06/02/14 03:24 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
I'm so tired of seeing [censored] holes demonstrating carrying a loaded rifle slug over their back in public and on street corners causing a scene. WHY? Sure you can legally do it, but WHY? All this does is bring more awareness to the open carry laws and causes cities and towns to ban doing so (whether it's legal or not). It freaks out all the dems that have moved here from dem states, and pushes for action AGAINST this open carry law. WTF! So, I ask again, WHY?

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: ChadTRG42] #5139869 06/02/14 09:59 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
I'm so tired of seeing [censored] holes demonstrating carrying a loaded rifle slug over their back in public and on street corners causing a scene. WHY? Sure you can legally do it, but WHY? All this does is bring more awareness to the open carry laws and causes cities and towns to ban doing so (whether it's legal or not). It freaks out all the dems that have moved here from dem states, and pushes for action AGAINST this open carry law. WTF! So, I ask again, WHY?
confused2

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: ChadTRG42] #5140120 06/03/14 12:59 AM
C
cazador1022 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

WOW you know what I really hate, those people who flaunt their GOD GIVEN rights by wearing an "i voted" sticker. God, if the dems see us voting, it just makes them want to get out and vote too

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: ChadTRG42] #5140259 06/03/14 02:37 AM
S
StraitShot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S

Couldn't agree more... it's a dumb arse move with little to gain and likely to cost us all when numb nutz goes to far... as to the reason why... well for me, the pictures of the "protesters" seem to say it all....

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: StraitShot] #5140392 06/03/14 05:40 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: StraitShot

Couldn't agree more... it's a dumb arse move with little to gain and likely to cost us all when numb nutz goes to far... as to the reason why... well for me, the pictures of the "protesters" seem to say it all....

I understand the demonstrating and protesting, and even though I don't agree with the OC movement's tactics, I support their rights to protest. However, that protest should be have a well plsnned and publicized route. Keep the protest on the streets or at the capital, but not in local businesses. The businesses want to sell coffee, hamburgers, and tacos... they do not wish to be part of your protest. As we have seen, when you force their hand in the matter, they tend to lean towards the "no guns allowed" side of things. And when a national chain changes their policy from obeying local laws to no guns allowed, it has effects on others outside of Texas.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cyphertext] #5140900 06/03/14 05:17 PM
S
StraitShot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: cyphertext
I understand the demonstrating and protesting, and even though I don't agree with the OC movement's tactics, I support their rights to protest. However, that protest should be have a well plsnned and publicized route. Keep the protest on the streets or at the capital, but not in local businesses. The businesses want to sell coffee, hamburgers, and tacos... they do not wish to be part of your protest. As we have seen, when you force their hand in the matter, they tend to lean towards the "no guns allowed" side of things. And when a national chain changes their policy from obeying local laws to no guns allowed, it has effects on others outside of Texas.

Cyphertext - You make some good points, well said. up While I am an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment as well as the Freedom of Speech, we have to accept that these rights come with the responsibility of using them properly. As a society we far too often behave as if a “right” does not have an equal and sometimes superseding demand to act with careful thought and responsibility. Therefore we get council meetings where constituents shout down the opposing side; or people carrying firearms into businesses where such displays are far beyond the ordinary; we lose all civility and risk losing the freedom as well. For this reason I cannot support OC Texas right to protest in that manner, because their tactics are foolish at best and can easily be perceived as threating and dangerous in broader public opinion. And whether we like it or not, that opinion does matter. 2cents

Last edited by StraitShot; 06/03/14 06:52 PM.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: StraitShot] #5283631 09/02/14 09:59 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Cyphertext - You make some good points, well said. up While I am an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment as well as the Freedom of Speech, we have to accept that these rights come with the responsibility of using them properly. As a society we far too often behave as if a “right” does not have an equal and sometimes superseding demand to act with careful thought and responsibility. Therefore we get council meetings where constituents shout down the opposing side; or people carrying firearms into businesses where such displays are far beyond the ordinary; we lose all civility and risk losing the freedom as well. For this reason I cannot support OC Texas right to protest in that manner, because their tactics are foolish at best and can easily be perceived as threating and dangerous in broader public opinion. And whether we like it or not, that opinion does matter. 2cents

Well put.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #5298719 09/10/14 04:22 PM
G
Gone to Texas Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
I like the open carry law because it allows me to carry my rifles to the truck without a case. Otherwise, I conceal carry and do that so I do not draw attention to myself. I did however open carry a pistol for awhile when I live in Virginia.

I understand what these guys are doing, I do believe it is our right to be able to have a firearm on us at all times. However, carrying a pistol concealed is way different than showing up in a store with an AR-15 over your shoulder. There is a right way to do it and a wrong way, and forcing people to become comfortable with firearms over night is the wrong way.

In Virginia we would have open carry BBQ's, various events, and we would allow vendors to come promote there as well, they were 100% open to the public. I believe that is a better way then showing up 10 deep at a Chili's fully armed.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: StraitShot] #5318077 09/21/14 05:40 AM
N
NJFitzgerald Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
N

These rights do not come with responsibilities, they come FROM responsibilities. When the nation was founded each and every one of us was issued a set of responsibilities. As citizens, as parents, as members of the community. "The right of the people to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed" is a plain, simple statement recognizing in our highest law that the people have, that's each individual person, the right to be so equipped as he or she may deem necessary to fulfill those responsibilities. There is no ambiguity within the second amendment. Any operation of government, or anyone else, to disarm the people could, and I believe should, be construed as an act of war against them. One does not, in any way, attempt to disarm a free people without a malicious ulterior motive. It is always, and without exception, the act of a tyrant.

Many of the problems plaguing American society today can be traced to people counting their entitlements instead of their blessings.

"There ain't no problem that can't be fixed with a fifty dollar bill and a .30-06." --Jeff Cooper
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #5320114 09/22/14 04:29 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
It is not a one size fits all type of a thing. If you are out in west Texas and it is hot and you have been out shooting and the vehicle's door lock isn't working so you don't want to leave your rifle in the vehicle while you stop at a road side place for a cool drink. Where's the harm? You are around like minded people, 90% plus themselves hunters and shooters, You walk up to the counter and say, "Excuse me but my truck's door lock is broken, mind if I prop my rifle up here" You have pulled the bolt out and back, anyone can see it is not ready to shoot. I'd say- probably not going to be an issue.
But let's say you drive all the way home to Austin where everyone wants to keep it weird and you stop at some College spot near the University and haul in your rifle- scare the heck out of everyone.
If we all practice a little common sense, we do OURSELVES a favor by not creating situations that cast a bad light on us.
It's not just firearms, a few years back I was in the city at an antique shop looking at old tools. They had a broadax for sale at a bargain price so I bought it, paid cash and started out the door and then thought to myself, "Wonder what will happen with me walking down a city street with this thing in my hand?" So I went back into the store and asked them to wrap the thing up in paper.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide