Forums46
Topics538,949
Posts9,743,338
Members87,128
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: DallasShootingSupplies] #4876436 12/31/13 01:33 AM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: DallasShootingSupplies
Agree. There is no ACCIDENTLY shooting someone in the chest, only negligence. Could care less if the attorneys go after who is responsible, they SHOULD. Whoever pulled the trigger and shot him is at FAULT.

There is no accident here, only negligence and or stupidity.

Accidents happen. Im amazed by the judgemental people on here sometimes. I guess everyone who accidentaly shot and killed themselves had it coming??? I find your attitude very offensive. Prayers up to all involved.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4876492 12/31/13 01:53 AM
D
DallasShootingSupplies Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
My attitude towards someone I know being shot is offensive? rofl Here's a quarter call someone who cares. I target shoot into a berm.

If you follow the basic firearm rules these "accidents" go away. I have no sympathy for what we know right now, people shooting rounds off that are going god knows where.

Prayers for all involved though, sad deal.

Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L
Agree. There is no ACCIDENTLY shooting someone in the chest, only negligence. Could care less if the attorneys go after who is responsible, they SHOULD. Whoever pulled the trigger and shot him is at FAULT.

Accidents happen. Im amazed by the judgemental people on here sometimes. I guess everyone who accidentaly shot and killed themselves had it coming??? I find your attitude very offensive. Prayers up to all involved.

Last edited by DallasShootingSupplies; 12/31/13 02:00 AM.

www.class3machining.com
Barrel Threading
50k+ barrels done. Zero Baffle Strikes
www.facebook.com/barrelthreading
www.instagram.com/class_3_machining/
Recommended by Silencerco, Capitol Armory, Hansohn Brothers, Gemtech, Ally Outfitters, The Firearm Blog etc
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4876532 12/31/13 02:07 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

Accidents can be avoided and accidents with firearms are typically caused by wreckless behavior, poor education, or simple neglect. There is "fault" in an accident and when that accident results in death or an injury, there is blame and consequences. No different than a car accident, there is fault.

If you get drunk and "accidentally" run over my daughter, you are at fault. If you get drunk and accidentally shoot my daughter, you are at fault.

I do feel for the person that "accidentally" shoots someone, but still believe they are at fault.

Guess that makes me judgemental confused2

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876539 12/31/13 02:09 AM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Do you know something we dont?? I havent read any details of exactly what happened. Only that it seemed to be an accident. If im uninformed, please let us know. Until then I will wait before passing judgement

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876559 12/31/13 02:17 AM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
TXHUNTR- there is a HUGE difference between getting drunk and killing someone and an accident. If you accidentally run a stop sign and kill someone you get a ticket. If you are drunk and do it you go to prison.
What if he dropped the gun and it went off? Should he be punished?

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876566 12/31/13 02:19 AM
Lance Vick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Prayers for him and his family

Contact Lance@texashuntingland.com
www.texashuntingland.com
Deadend Outfitters
903-312-0609 Lance Vick
Fun begins where the road ends,
www.deadendoutfitters.com
www.guideonlakefork.com
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4876585 12/31/13 02:28 AM
B
BSolomon Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Do you know something we dont?? I havent read any details of exactly what happened. Only that it seemed to be an accident. If im uninformed, please let us know. Until then I will wait before passing judgement

Well it was ether a accident or he meant to shot the GW. I think the benefit of the doubt is it was a accident.

New To The Area But Not The Hunt!
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876639 12/31/13 02:47 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Just heard from a friend of his family that he is breathing on his own, but the ventilator was left in just in case it was needed again. Also was told that the bullet missed his heart and lungs, but did damage to his sternum. The news seems to be getting better with each update.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876652 12/31/13 02:54 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Good to hear that he is doing better.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876672 12/31/13 03:02 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Prayers sent.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876695 12/31/13 03:23 AM
B
Bearpaw Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Prayers for him and family.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876822 12/31/13 04:16 AM
N
NDN98 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Prayers up!

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4876961 12/31/13 06:13 AM
R
ryorgensen Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Prayers as well! Glad he's improving .

Robert
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4877116 12/31/13 01:52 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

IMO, shooting accidents only happen when a gun goes off without the trigger being purposely pulled, such as the case when a gun is dropped or being handled in some manner. When the trigger is purposely pulled by an individual who has not identified the target, it is no accident but shear negligence.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: upsslim] #4877195 12/31/13 02:27 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I really hope he didn't go to investigate and put himself in the line of fire.
There have been so many post that have been incorrect that it is hard to say.
Prayers sent for him and family.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4877259 12/31/13 02:52 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
TXHUNTR- there is a HUGE difference between getting drunk and killing someone and an accident. If you accidentally run a stop sign and kill someone you get a ticket. If you are drunk and do it you go to prison.

If you have a loaded gun it should be on safety until you make the decision to fire it. That's why there are safety's put on guns, in case you drop them. If you shoot yourself as you mentioned, no you don't deserve to die for it, but in most cases when it happens, it's because proper gun safety was not being followed. No one is trying to judge anyone here. Just hold them accountable for what happens when they fire a LETHAL firearm. It's a powerful responsibility that should not be taken lightly.

Glad to know that the GW will survive. I hope for he and his family's sake he will fully recover without loosing his career or being permanently disabled.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4877285 12/31/13 03:02 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

I accidentally ran a red light and caused a major wreck with my entire family in the vehicle. Only wreck I have been in. You are damn right it was my fault and if one of them had been killed, it would have been do to my negligence.

My point is simply that there is fault and consequences, even in most accidents. What those consequences will be is a different issue. As I said before, if it was truly an accident, I feel sorry for the one who is at fault because he will have to live with the consequences.

Prayers continued for the GW and prayers that the news keeps getting better.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4877312 12/31/13 03:15 PM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
For once, just once, can folks not argue? A man was shot. Accident,negligence, or intentional doesnt matter. Say a prayer,think a good thought, or whatever you do. Save the arguing for a good low fence/high fence thread.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: EricShelton] #4877316 12/31/13 03:17 PM
L
lakewaydr50 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: EricShelton
For once, just once, can folks not argue? A man was shot. Accident,negligence, or intentional doesnt matter. Say a prayer,think a good thought, or whatever you do. Save the arguing for a good low fence/high fence thread.
up

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: EricShelton] #4877416 12/31/13 04:00 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Discussion and comments about such events can and do remind others of the need to always remain cautious with firearms.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Simple Searcher] #4877428 12/31/13 04:02 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I really hope he didn't go to investigate and put himself in the line of fire.
There have been so many post that have been incorrect that it is hard to say.
Prayers sent for him and family.

It may have been one of those cases where a three dollar flashlight might have made it obvious to the shooter that he wasn't shooting at a deer.

link

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: lakewaydr50] #4877563 12/31/13 05:04 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A $3 flashlight would have been illegal to use by the hunter to shine on the animal if he was hunting deer, so I would not expect him to have done just that. Also, the shooting happened after 6:30 pm. Sunset was 5:23. That would have been illegal deer hunting hours as well.

Either the shooter wasn't shooting at a deer or he was poaching. For that matter, the game warden should not have been deer hunting at that hour either.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 12/31/13 05:05 PM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: EricShelton] #4877577 12/31/13 05:07 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
This is why went to Off Topic form whin seen post here. so far this morning no update. Prayers flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: Double Naught Spy] #4877724 12/31/13 06:08 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
A $3 flashlight would have been illegal to use by the hunter to shine on the animal if he was hunting deer, so I would not expect him to have done just that. Also, the shooting happened after 6:30 pm. Sunset was 5:23. That would have been illegal deer hunting hours as well.

Either the shooter wasn't shooting at a deer or he was poaching. For that matter, the game warden should not have been deer hunting at that hour either.

I would have a field day in court with any officer who might attempt to charge me with spotlighting with a flashlight being carried for safety reasons.

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if the officer might have been trying to approach the group without being detected. That was the case many years ago when a MDWFP officer was shot and killed in Mississippi by a guy who had been hunting a food plot behind his in-laws home at night. It just doesn't follow safe logic when an officer loses his/her life in an unsafe situation while trying to cite someone for a misdemeanor.

Re: Game Warden shot in the chest across the road from my place tonight........ [Re: EricShelton] #4877747 12/31/13 06:19 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Amen. Dan, you can throw a thread sideways into a bunch of unrelated crap faster than anyone else on this forum. Nobody has a clue how this happened yet.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide