Forums46
Topics538,803
Posts9,741,536
Members87,118
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: hunthard] #4806002 12/04/13 07:01 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
clap

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: hunthard] #4806036 12/04/13 07:12 PM
909ag2006 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I had a really nice Fallow buck showing up at my feeder two years ago. It obvioulsy got loose from our neighbor's pasture, so we called him and let him know. He hunted for it a few times but never found it. I'm sure it eventually got shot or died.

The problemw with those Fallow is, in my experience, the WT don't want anything to do with them. This buck never actively chased WT from the feeder, but when he showed up, the WT hauled arse. That's especially annoying on a fairly small low fenced place.

They weren't raiding a girl scout troop looking for overdue library books.

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: 909ag2006] #4806060 12/04/13 07:18 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
I'm curious to try the meat. I de-boned and packaged them last night, the meat smelled good so looking forward to tasting it.

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: KS 196 6/8] #4806126 12/04/13 07:37 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: KS 196 6/8
I understand this is the code for "breeder" deer, but why would it not apply in this case, is sounds to me the deer "escaped" and after 10/15 day become "free range" deer again.

Texas Administrative Code Next Rule>>

TITLE 31
NATURAL RESOURCES AND CONSERVATION
PART 2
TEXAS PARKS AND WILDLIFE DEPARTMENT
CHAPTER 65
WILDLIFE
SUBCHAPTER T
DEER BREEDER PERMITS
RULE §65.605 Holding Facility Standards and Care of Deer
(a) The entire perimeter fence of a facility shall be no less than seven feet in height, and shall be constructed of department-approved net mesh, chain link or welded wire that will retain breeder deer. An indoor facility is acceptable if it meets the standards described in this section and provides permanent access to an outdoor environment that is sufficient for keeping the breeder deer in captivity.

(b) Immediately upon discovering the escape of breeder deer from a facility, a permittee shall notify the department. The permittee shall have ten days from the date of such report to capture only those breeder deer that are marked in accordance with Parks and Wildlife Code, §43.3561. All recaptured breeder deer must be returned to the facility from which the breeder deer escaped. If after ten days the permittee is unable to capture escaped breeder deer that have been reported in accordance with this subsection, the department may grant an additional five-day period for capture efforts to continue, contingent upon the permittee proving to the department's satisfaction that reasonable efforts were made to effect the capture during the first ten-day period.

This has been discussed before, the problem here is that it doesn't pertain to exotics, this covers deer, nothing is said about exotics.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: dogcatcher] #4806148 12/04/13 07:44 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
I understand this is the code for "breeder" deer, but why would it not apply in this case, is sounds to me the deer "escaped" and after 10/15 day become "free range" deer again.

TITLE 31
PART 2
CHAPTER 65
WILDLIFE
SUBCHAPTER T
DEER BREEDER PERMITS
(a) The entire perimeter fence of a facility shall be no less than seven feet in height, and shall be constructed of department-approved net mesh, chain link or welded wire that will retain breeder deer. An indoor facility is acceptable if it meets the standards described in this section and provides permanent access to an outdoor environment that is sufficient for keeping the breeder deer in captivity.

(b) Immediately upon discovering the escape of breeder deer from a facility, a permittee shall notify the department. The permittee shall have ten days from the date of such report to capture only those breeder deer that are marked in accordance with Parks and Wildlife Code, §43.3561. All recaptured breeder deer must be returned to the facility from which the breeder deer escaped. If after ten days the permittee is unable to capture escaped breeder deer that have been reported in accordance with this subsection, the department may grant an additional five-day period for capture efforts to continue, contingent upon the permittee proving to the department's satisfaction that reasonable efforts were made to effect the capture during the first ten-day period.

This has been discussed before, the problem here is that it doesn't pertain to exotics, this covers deer, nothing is said about exotics.

The Fallow Deer is a deer, duur. laugh

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: skinnerback] #4806196 12/04/13 08:02 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: skinnerback

TITLE 31
PART 2
CHAPTER 65
WILDLIFE
SUBCHAPTER T
DEER BREEDER PERMITS

The Fallow Deer is a deer, duur. laugh

The law was written discussing whitetail breeding facilities, there was no mention of mule deer or any exotics. up

[Linked Image]
Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: dogcatcher] #4806326 12/04/13 08:35 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Ah yes, breeder whitetail deer....I'll shoot them too if they jump my fence. grin

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: dogcatcher] #4806908 12/04/13 11:42 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

TPWD FAQ:

Originally Posted By:
Hunting
Are exotic animals that happen to show up on my property fair game?
It depends! If an exotic animal has a visible tag, brand, or other identifying mark, a person should contact the local sheriff's office and report the exotic animal. Texas estray laws apply to marked exotic animals and the local sheriff is responsible for their enforcement. Exotic animals that are not marked and are free ranging that have wandered onto private property may be hunted with a hunting license, provided the owner of the property allows hunting. However, if an exotic animal appears on your property and you know that it is privately owned, then the ethical approach is to contact the owner.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwater/land/habitats/faq/law_enforcement/hunt16.phtml

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: txshntr] #4806934 12/04/13 11:49 PM
HuntingTexas Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

" In God We Trust "

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: txshntr] #4806951 12/04/13 11:52 PM
K
KS 196 6/8 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Skinner back,

I'm totally on your side here, but I'm also a Trophy hunter, if its not going on the wall I'm not shooting it. Where is the "Trophy" In this for you? Not bashing, or stirring the pot, just a question.

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: txshntr] #4806956 12/04/13 11:54 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: txshntr

TPWD FAQ:

Originally Posted By:
Hunting
Are exotic animals that happen to show up on my property fair game?
It depends! If an exotic animal has a visible tag, brand, or other identifying mark, a person should contact the local sheriff's office and report the exotic animal. Texas estray laws apply to marked exotic animals and the local sheriff is responsible for their enforcement. Exotic animals that are not marked and are free ranging that have wandered onto private property may be hunted with a hunting license, provided the owner of the property allows hunting. However, if an exotic animal appears on your property and you know that it is privately owned, then the ethical approach is to contact the owner.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwater/land/habitats/faq/law_enforcement/hunt16.phtml

You left out the part that details about my comment, which pertains to deer breeding pens escapes. up

[Linked Image]
Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: KS 196 6/8] #4806994 12/05/13 12:03 AM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Skinner back,

I'm totally on your side here, but I'm also a Trophy hunter, if its not going on the wall I'm not shooting it. Where is the "Trophy" In this for you? Not bashing, or stirring the pot, just a question.

I'm not much of a trophy hunter, always been more of a meat hunter. To me, the trophy is in my finished meat products and smiles on the faces of those who really enjoy eating it. To me, a doe or management deer is a trophy for a new hunter like my BIL.

Re: First exotics ever seen on our place, two Fallow does down.... [Re: skinnerback] #4807216 12/05/13 01:18 AM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Congrats to you and your BIL.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide