Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: passthru] #4791647 11/29/13 04:48 AM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Getting out of hand but like most people said I will not shoot a dog unless it is chasing or harrasing my animals on my property and cant be resolved otherwise. Oh and IBTL

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: aeb] #4791662 11/29/13 04:53 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: LMH Steel
Obviously I don't post much but this time I gotta say this post is STUPID! If the role's were reversed and someone shot your dogs then you would be on here bad mouthing and threatening to press charges on them for doing it. This sounds like a real typical excuse to me, you made a bad shot and blaming it on the dogs showing up. Get real that does not even make sense. Its just a deer get over it already. I agree with the other guys here, shoot my dogs and then the real problems will start!

You need to learn how to read before spouting off...nowhere in my post did I say anything about shooting the dogs. Period. I watched them chase the doe out of sight and out of hearing. I followed the trail to the point I LEGALLY could follow. Next time speak to the SSS posts and quit jacking your "country as it gets" jaws to the wrong person up

As to the other comments...yes, the dogs belong to the people who moved out here from the city of Houston and bought 2 German Shepherd pups and have allowed them to run wild.

Yes, we plan on speaking to the neighbors about keeping their dogs on their property.

No, we are not the only folks who have had an issue with these 2 dogs. Neighbor down the road found them dining on some of his chickens. He already had a talk with the owners and informed them that he will be shooting the dogs the next time he sees them messing with any of his cattle or chickens.

Everyone wants to yak about how you shouldn't do this or you shouldn't do that...yet they think it's perfectly okay for their animals to do whatever the hell they want to do, and everyone else in the area should accept it and not do anything to their precious Fido. I have 3 dogs, they stay inside the yard (2 acres fenced, plenty of room to roam and exercise) and the neighbors all know that if one escapes, a simple call will take care of the situation. In the past 6 years, I have yet to receive a single phone call from a neighbor because my dogs got loose. I'm not so stupid to think that it won't happen, but it hasn't happened yet. But when you allow your dogs to run loose and think everyone should just shut up and allow it? bs

As for the bad shot and using it as an "excuse"...I called it as it happened, and never one time said it was anything other than what it was up I guess the "bad shot" caused the doe to run across at least 3 properties as well rolleyes yep, I made all of this up to make an excuse for a bad shot that not a single person would have ever known about scratch oh wait, no I didn't. I simply vented about dogs spooking the deer as I shot, and chasing it across 2 different properties and out of hearing. Last time I checked, this is a hunting forum and we are allowed to vent our frustrations here. If you don't like it, click back and all will be well in your world grin

Thanks for critiquing my post and stating your opinion...best of luck to you for the remainder of the season.

Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: TxDispatcher] #4791670 11/29/13 05:03 AM
J
jheat Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
J
txdispatcher, this thread went on without you. There have been many inputs. This is not your thread anymore. Go back and read the entire thread before you accuse someone of getting off topic. Welcome to THF.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: jheat] #4791683 11/29/13 05:10 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: jheat
txdispatcher, this thread went on without you. There have been many inputs. This is not your thread anymore. Go back and read the entire thread before you accuse someone of getting off topic. Welcome to THF.

confused2 accuse someone of getting off topic? I quoted the gentleman I was posting to. Also, I did read the entire thread...but thanks for the lesson in reading comprehension, I guess I missed that part of school yawn

Thanks for the welcome to THF tho up it's been a while since someone welcomed me grin

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: TxDispatcher] #4791690 11/29/13 05:17 AM
J
jheat Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
J
As to the other comments? Therein lies the conversation.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: jheat] #4791691 11/29/13 05:17 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
What is a stray dog exactly? ...

Something that we seldom see anymore once the word got around that ranchers in my area shoot stray dogs on sight.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: aeb] #4791692 11/29/13 05:19 AM
J
jheat Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
J
aeb, I truly believe that.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: jheat] #4791694 11/29/13 05:19 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
As to the other comments? Therein lies the conversation.

Gotcha up I shouldn't have explained anything to those questions. Man I need to figure out how a forum is supposed to work confused2

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: TxDispatcher] #4791698 11/29/13 05:22 AM
J
jheat Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
J
Contact me anytime you need help. I'm there for you.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: jheat] #4791702 11/29/13 05:29 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Contact me anytime you need help. I'm there for you.

roflmao gee thanks...we need more folks like you in this world grin

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Cast] #4791711 11/29/13 05:48 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Cast
Fellows if my dog gets away from me and ruins your hunt I will make it right. If you shoot my dog don't stop there, shoot me too cause I'm coming for you.

Hence the last S in SSS.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: pegasaurus] #4791767 11/29/13 07:24 AM
D
doogie Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Fellows if my dog gets away from me and ruins your hunt I will make it right. If you shoot my dog don't stop there, shoot me too cause I'm coming for you.

Hence the last S in SSS.

Why would a shave help?

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: doogie] #4791783 11/29/13 07:52 AM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: doogie

Hence the last S in SSS.

Why would a shave help?
clap

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: pegasaurus] #4791793 11/29/13 08:01 AM
D
Daven Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

Hence the last S in SSS.

'nother fine example of "there ain't too many Texans left in Texas" If you feel the need to kill someone's pet, you should at least have balls enough to face them and own up to the deed... Knowingly kill a pet here and you will likely loose your hunting license (possibly for life) and pay a whole bunch of money...

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: LMH Steel] #4791802 11/29/13 10:17 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Obviously I don't post much but this time I gotta say this post is STUPID! If the role's were reversed and someone shot your dogs then you would be on here bad mouthing and threatening to press charges on them for doing it. This sounds like a real typical excuse to me, you made a bad shot and blaming it on the dogs showing up. Get real that does not even make sense. Its just a deer get over it already. I agree with the other guys here, shoot my dogs and then the real problems will start!

Control your dogs, which is your job, and you won't have to ever worry about this. Based on your post, I assume you let them stray. Don't be shocked if they don't come back some day. I swear, people are friggin odd.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: maximum] #4791844 11/29/13 12:18 PM
D
Don Dial Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Let me bust your bubble a little. We are overpopulated with does and as the State Game Bio. told one of the ranchers I cull shoot, kill the does dont grade them, don't decide which has or doesn't have a yearling. They wean at 60 days or less and I've got 2 generations on some does here that are in rut. My bird dog & Lab pups chase my deer also. Sometimes the deer chase them. Deer are really not afraid of dogs, though they will move them making them easy to hunt, hence, its illegal to run with dogs. Suggest you shoot sooner, take your shots carefully, spend some range time. Doe hunting is culling to me so its just make a humane quick kill, put it in the cooler!

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: ntxtrapper] #4791847 11/29/13 12:22 PM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Not many Texans left in Texas?? I do not care what they do in the country your in. We are talking about what goes on in TEXAS. It is our opinions and anyone can post what they want. We will not agree with everything on this forum except we are All thankful to be living in a free country where we can still say what the hell we want to. As far as all the man up and get some balls crap. Well guess what some people did not get the prooer upbringing of doing what is right so they beleive they can do what ever they want to because they beleive everyone gets a trophy. This thread was started about a guy venting because his neighbors let their dogs roam the country side he was upset and did not mention anything about doing harm to the dogs. His decision.

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: maximum] #4791850 11/29/13 12:29 PM
C
Chief Joe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I think if you let your dog run loose during hunting season you stand a good chance of losing your dog.

"It is the same boiling water that softens the rice, which hardens the egg." It's not always about the circumstances, but what you are made of....
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Hogman4127] #4791859 11/29/13 12:39 PM
D
Daven Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
guess reading comprehension wasn't your strong point in school... My only comment was about not facing up to something when you do it... Makes no difference where I'm from or where I live... Point is, to an outsider reading about a bunch of guys on a forum supporting/advocating ducking responsibility for their actions, it looks like the pride in heritage is out the window... Do whatever makes you happy...

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Daven] #4791878 11/29/13 01:03 PM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Read the name of the forum again. Texas Hunting Forum. Yes people need to be responsible for their pets.

I was just stating my option on the subject. I keep my dogs under control and do not let them run all over someone else's property. I am not advocating tye shootingbof pets but I am not going to tell someone else what to do about an animal harassing them on their property

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Hogman4127] #4791901 11/29/13 01:21 PM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I don't think I could shoot any healthy dog wearing a collar, no matter how egregious its transgression.

But a lank, lean, and furtive animal without any identification might not get a pass.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: Ranch Dawg] #4791910 11/29/13 01:24 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ranch Dawg
Im curious how one could make it right if ones dog chased away the buck of my life ? The grand daddy mossy horns that would go in the record books. How could you make it right ? I can make it right by removing the problem. We spend thousands of dollars on this sport and a dog ruins it ? SSS.

I'll buy you whiskey. I'll do a trigger job for you. I'll bush hog your shooting lanes. I'll watch over your dogs while you're on vacation. I'll train my dog better. I'll be a better friend. I'll say I'm sorry. It's just a deer.

And I'm not a Internet bad a$$ I'm a father. I have emotions too and I'm afraid I would lose control. I swear if you shot my dog in front of me I would just shoot you without a single thought and go to jail happily.

Last edited by Cast; 11/29/13 01:38 PM.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: TxDispatcher] #4792099 11/29/13 03:20 PM
L
LMH Steel Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: TxDispatcher

You need to learn how to read before spouting off...nowhere in my post did I say anything about shooting the dogs. Period. I watched them chase the doe out of sight and out of hearing. I followed the trail to the point I LEGALLY could follow. Next time speak to the SSS posts and quit jacking your "country as it gets" jaws to the wrong person up

As to the other comments...yes, the dogs belong to the people who moved out here from the city of Houston and bought 2 German Shepherd pups and have allowed them to run wild.

Yes, we plan on speaking to the neighbors about keeping their dogs on their property.

No, we are not the only folks who have had an issue with these 2 dogs. Neighbor down the road found them dining on some of his chickens. He already had a talk with the owners and informed them that he will be shooting the dogs the next time he sees them messing with any of his cattle or chickens.

Everyone wants to yak about how you shouldn't do this or you shouldn't do that...yet they think it's perfectly okay for their animals to do whatever the hell they want to do, and everyone else in the area should accept it and not do anything to their precious Fido. I have 3 dogs, they stay inside the yard (2 acres fenced, plenty of room to roam and exercise) and the neighbors all know that if one escapes, a simple call will take care of the situation. In the past 6 years, I have yet to receive a single phone call from a neighbor because my dogs got loose. I'm not so stupid to think that it won't happen, but it hasn't happened yet. But when you allow your dogs to run loose and think everyone should just shut up and allow it? bs

As for the bad shot and using it as an "excuse"...I called it as it happened, and never one time said it was anything other than what it was up I guess the "bad shot" caused the doe to run across at least 3 properties as well rolleyes yep, I made all of this up to make an excuse for a bad shot that not a single person would have ever known about scratch oh wait, no I didn't. I simply vented about dogs spooking the deer as I shot, and chasing it across 2 different properties and out of hearing. ]Last time I checked, this is a hunting forum and we are allowed to vent our frustrations here[/color]. If you don't like it, click back and all will be well in your world grin

Thanks for critiquing my post and stating your opinion...best of luck to you for the remainder of the season.

You are correct sir, you did not mention shooting the dogs and I shouldn't have included you in that. My apologies but perhaps I am just "venting my frustrations".

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: ntxtrapper] #4792121 11/29/13 03:31 PM
L
LMH Steel Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper

Control your dogs, which is your job, and you won't have to ever worry about this. Based on your post, I assume you let them stray. Don't be shocked if they don't come back some day. I swear, people are friggin odd.

Well you have "assumed" wrong there fella. I think I still live in reality and realize that it is just a deer. Now if the dog was actually doing some real harm say chasing livestock or I don't know maybe a kid then by all means shoot away. Do you not really thing when God created these animals that he didn't have all this process of natural elimination figured in?

Re: STUPID DOGS!!! [Re: LMH Steel] #4792170 11/29/13 03:59 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I have been on many leases over the years. In that time I have dealt with many land owners and I can tell you this... Every one of these land owners have told me to shoot every dog seen on their property.
Lockley I haven’t had to shoot any dog but I would if I had to.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide